Banking

Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

andrewryan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banking

I'm travelling to Oz frequently over the next few months prior to reloacting next year.
Which would be a good/appropriate bank to get an account with which will allow me to open an account now eventhough I will not be living there full time until July 2009?
Thanks for any replies.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Banking

WE opened a Commonwealth account via their UK migrant banking section then activated it during our visa validation visit and it was fine to keep it open for a year after than whilst we were still in the UK. They just sent statements etc. to our UK address although you will find you will get charged the monthly account fee
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:14 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewryan1
I'm travelling to Oz frequently over the next few months prior to reloacting next year.
Which would be a good/appropriate bank to get an account with which will allow me to open an account now eventhough I will not be living there full time until July 2009?
Thanks for any replies.

I would recommend opeingin an account with Citibank in both the UK and Australia. They offer seamless free transfers between accounts in different regions, so you can transfer money back and forth as you wish without paying the earth for it.

S
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

gbarnett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I would recommend opeingin an account with Citibank in both the UK and Australia. They offer seamless free transfers between accounts in different regions, so you can transfer money back and forth as you wish without paying the earth for it.

S
I've had no issues with Westpac, easy to setup and manage online. The help (phone) service has been excellent as well.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Opened account in UK and used Westpac they were excellent, when we arrived, just had to show documentation in Main bank in CBD and all was sorted with a professional and speedy service.