Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are Bank statements enough to prove financial capacity?

Are Bank statements enough to prove financial capacity?

Old May 20th 2005, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

noregrets will become famous soon enough
Question Are Bank statements enough to prove financial capacity?

Good evening all

Re: subclass 573 assessment level 2 (student Visa)

I know this is not relevant to the vast majority of you but the info on DIMIA is so vague - any advice?

I am about to send my application to London in next 2 weeks and I will be having funds paid into my bank account from all kinds of sources.

do I have to show where the funds have come from?

am I right that assessment level 2 the length of time you have held the funds is irrelevant? because on DIMIA it only tells me how long funds must be held for assessment level 3 !!

just when I think Ive got it all sussed along comes another grey area

hope someone can help

george x
Old May 20th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Are Bank statements enough to prove financial capacity?

Originally Posted by noregrets
Good evening all

Re: subclass 573 assessment level 2 (student Visa)

I know this is not relevant to the vast majority of you but the info on DIMIA is so vague - any advice?

I am about to send my application to London in next 2 weeks and I will be having funds paid into my bank account from all kinds of sources.

do I have to show where the funds have come from?

am I right that assessment level 2 the length of time you have held the funds is irrelevant? because on DIMIA it only tells me how long funds must be held for assessment level 3 !!

just when I think Ive got it all sussed along comes another grey area

hope someone can help

george x
Hi George,

I have not seen anything that suggests that you have to have held the funds for a certain amount of time for level 2, but is something that probably needs looking into, will let you know if i find anything out.

Claire
Old May 20th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

noregrets will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi George,

I have not seen anything that suggests that you have to have held the funds for a certain amount of time for level 2, but is something that probably needs looking into, will let you know if i find anything out.

Claire

Hi Claire

we must be the only students on here at the moment - I used the search facility last night (well about 2am - how sad!) for student visa's and loads of posts came up some of it was realy informative, mostly it has helped piece together the vague info on DIMIA.

I might get in touch with an agent regarding the acceptable sources of funds etc.

Did not reply last night because you were offline - im from hudderfield (west yorkshire) originaly but we now live in lake district only moved here 10 months ago!

was your application process to the uni straight forward? - I had to gather all sorts of info much to the delight of my previous tutors!

george x
Old May 20th 2005, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by noregrets
Hi Claire

we must be the only students on here at the moment - I used the search facility last night (well about 2am - how sad!) for student visa's and loads of posts came up some of it was realy informative, mostly it has helped piece together the vague info on DIMIA.

I might get in touch with an agent regarding the acceptable sources of funds etc.

Did not reply last night because you were offline - im from hudderfield (west yorkshire) originaly but we now live in lake district only moved here 10 months ago!

was your application process to the uni straight forward? - I had to gather all sorts of info much to the delight of my previous tutors!

george x
You are probably right about us being the only ones going on student visas.

My process to uni was pretty straight forward really, just had to send off certified copies of certificates for my qualifications, so nothing to stressful thankfully.

Claire
Old May 21st 2005, 9:36 am
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

Obomobo!!! :d
Old May 21st 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hunkyhenry
Obomobo!!! :d
what is that supposed to mean