Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bank of queensland

bank of queensland

Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default bank of queensland

whats this bank like for everyday banking as i understand it doesnt charge you like others ( correct me if i am wrong.)
can you set up account from uk?
i am really confused as to what bank to use due to all the monthly charges.
someone help please
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

scottish_stu will become famous soon enough
Default Re: bank of queensland

Originally Posted by garyp
whats this bank like for everyday banking as i understand it doesnt charge you like others ( correct me if i am wrong.)
can you set up account from uk?
i am really confused as to what bank to use due to all the monthly charges.
someone help please
mate check out the OZ Bank thread on the first page
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

cheers will do
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by garyp
cheers will do
We used them when we first came over. Account ran sweet but because we were temporary residents we couldn't get a credit card nor a loan from them. Had been in the country for a while and had a good paying job and fantastic credit rating but they still said no.

Thats pretty much the only reason i left them.

I'm now with the Commonwealth and got a card with no probs.

For those who may ask why a credit card, i need one for business expenses.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

I've been with Bank of Queensland for 12 years (since I arrived here) and find them good. Charges are steep compared to UK but compare favourably with other Oz banks. The branches are owned (usually) by their managers and I find them very friendly and helpful.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:17 am
Just Joined

ryanwain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
I've been with Bank of Queensland for 12 years (since I arrived here) and find them good. Charges are steep compared to UK but compare favourably with other Oz banks. The branches are owned (usually) by their managers and I find them very friendly and helpful.
This definitely makes a difference. I exchanged money a while back, and they were more willing to work with my personal circumstances, as opposed to bank managers in the UK.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryanwain
This definitely makes a difference. I exchanged money a while back, and they were more willing to work with my personal circumstances, as opposed to bank managers in the UK.
On one hand having that more peronal attitude is great, but it was interesting that when Kevin Rudd set up the system that if you lose your job you get a payment holiday on your mortgage, it was with the big 4 banks. It was stated in the press that smaller lending institutions may not give the same benifit.

Rudi