Reload this Page >

Which bank has most ATMs in Melbourne

Which bank has most ATMs in Melbourne

Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

jery_wang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which bank has most ATMs in Melbourne

Hi,

Could you tell me which bank offers most ATMs in Melbourne so that it's the easiest to withdraw money in Melbourne?

Thanks
Kind Regards,
Jerry
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Which bank has most ATMs in Melbourne

Originally Posted by jery_wang
Hi,

Could you tell me which bank offers most ATMs in Melbourne so that it's the easiest to withdraw money in Melbourne?

Thanks
Kind Regards,
Jerry
Melbourne's a big city, have you got any specific suburbs in mind?
Or do you mean Melb cbd?
Are you trying to avoid fees by only using 'your' bank's atms?
Why not look for an account where you don't get charged, then use any bank atms?
Did you know that the post office allows you to withdraw from most major banks? (Obviously you have to the drawbacks of opening hours and queues).

I wouldn't think anyone has statistics on these (do they?) so they can only go by which they see on a daily basis, wherever they usually go.
You'd be hard pushed to draw any comparison between the big gunbs.. ANZ, Commonwealth and NAB.

Have a look at www.infochoice.com.au for a starter on bank choices.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

I intend to stay in the east suburb 15 - 25 km from CBD. And the reason for this is convenience. If I can just withdraw from ATM at the suburban shopping complex that would be good enough. Maybe area like Clayton, or Waverley.

Originally Posted by gedge
Melbourne's a big city, have you got any specific suburbs in mind?
Or do you mean Melb cbd?
Are you trying to avoid fees by only using 'your' bank's atms?
Why not look for an account where you don't get charged, then use any bank atms?
Did you know that the post office allows you to withdraw from most major banks? (Obviously you have to the drawbacks of opening hours and queues).

I wouldn't think anyone has statistics on these (do they?) so they can only go by which they see on a daily basis, wherever they usually go.
You'd be hard pushed to draw any comparison between the big gunbs.. ANZ, Commonwealth and NAB.

Have a look at www.infochoice.com.au for a starter on bank choices.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:15 am
Just Joined

justgothere is an unknown quantity at this point

From there literature, the Commonwealth bank has the largest ATM network in Australia, and from living in Melbourne for 2 months, I would say there is no bank with obviously more ATMs.

Dave
Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It makes no difference, as you can withdraw at any supermarket free of charge.

Slightly different system here I think....

Just make sure, that when you go shopping you get your cash out then. Personally I always get my dosh at the Supermarket as it is the safest place to do so.... no mucking around with cash on a high st.

Otherwise the big 3 Westpac, NAB, Commonwealth, all have similar amounts of ATM's and will generally be found next to one another.

If one of the 3 is missing there will be a Bendigo Bank, or other small bank, which also "generally" will be free to withdraw from.

"edit" I assume you realise, that you can use your card in any of the other banks ATM's and in using another banks ATM, there is a small charge.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 27th 2006 at 2:33 am.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Personally I always get my dosh at the Supermarket as it is the safest place to do so.... no mucking around with cash on a high st.
That's exactly one of the reason besides convenience.

Thanks for the info
Kind Regards,
Jerry