British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bank Balnce or Property ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bank-balnce-property-113064/)

himalaya Oct 16th 2002 1:39 pm

Bank Balnce or Property !

I am planning to apply for immigration in the near future. Regarding the financial part. I do not have a very sound bank balance ( in cash ) and If accepted for immigration I plan to sell off my property and meet my requirements in Australia. My question is at the time of filing my application do I actually need to show the bank balance in cash or Can i just show ( an official )property valuation and its equivalent in local currency or in US Dollars ? Please help me find an answer. This is the only thing I need to know I have all other papers ready to be filed.

Thanks alot for your answers & suggestions !!

shellypuss Oct 18th 2002 8:05 pm

Re: Bank Balnce or Property !

All I can tell you is that on the actual visa app form it asks you to list the value of your assets i.e. property, cars, savings and then further down the line if they require an official valuation for your property then I imagine they will ask.

Hope this helps.

Shelly

mashiraz Oct 18th 2002 8:24 pm

I agree with what Shelley has put. You just list your assets, liquid or not!

Regards
Mash..

Originally posted by shellypuss:
All I can tell you is that on the actual visa app form it asks you to list the value of your assets i.e. property, cars, savings and then further down the line if they require an official valuation for your property then I imagine they will ask.

Hope this helps.

Shelly

Don Oct 19th 2002 3:54 am

Originally posted by himalaya:
I am planning to apply for immigration in the near future. Regarding the financial part. I do not have a very sound bank balance ( in cash ) and If accepted for immigration I plan to sell off my property and meet my requirements in Australia. My question is at the time of filing my application do I actually need to show the bank balance in cash or Can i just show ( an official )property valuation and its equivalent in local currency or in US Dollars ? Please help me find an answer. This is the only thing I need to know I have all other papers ready to be filed.

Thanks alot for your answers & suggestions !!

Don't think you need to show/declare a fortune - GBP10000 is probably enough if you are coming on skilled. Whilst you need to support yourself for 2 years (initially you get no benefits), DIMIA will assume you'll quickly find a job and therefore will not need much in the way of prior savings. DIMIA do not usually question your asset declaration or ask for further evidence AFAIK.

Don

himalaya Oct 21st 2002 1:32 pm

Thanks Folks !!!:D