Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bank accounts without charges

Bank accounts without charges

Old May 10th 2010, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank accounts without charges

I recomend HSBC australia as well, I opened up the account while still in the UK by simply going into a uk branch and doing the paper work. They have no fees and you can use any red cash point which belong to other banks for no charge.
Old May 10th 2010, 3:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
CBA waives monthly charges if your relationship balance with them is $50k+. Now we know who's got the money...
Well it ain't me! We've never had anywhere near that much unfortunately.
Old May 10th 2010, 3:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Well it ain't me! We've never had anywhere near that much unfortunately.
Right I'm going in and am going to demand free banking and if it's not forthcoming close my 2 accounts with them on the spot.
Old May 10th 2010, 4:46 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Right I'm going in and am going to demand free banking and if it's not forthcoming close my 2 accounts with them on the spot.
I did that with Westpac. They didn't give a toss that I was leaving.

Although they did say "So you want to take your business to an overseas bank?"

When I said yes because I was fed up of being ripped off by an Australian bank, the women hung up on me! Very professional.
Old May 10th 2010, 4:52 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Slightly different route. I pay CommBank $300pa and no other charges.... but that also gets me .5% off the mortgage rate. Well worth doing.
Old May 10th 2010, 12:31 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Slightly different route. I pay CommBank $300pa and no other charges.... but that also gets me .5% off the mortgage rate. Well worth doing.
The $350 yearly fee is for the wealth package, It also offers customers fee free credit card.
Here is the link for it.
http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/...e/default.aspx

Gary in Tas
Old May 10th 2010, 12:38 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

If you are doing a validation trip it's important to note that many of the 'no fee' accounts are dependant on you having a monthly salary to pay into the account.
The may not be the case if it will remain unused for some time before you take up residence in Aus.
Therefore the only accounts (that I'm aware of) suitable for this are the HSBC savings account and the Citibank everyday account. (Although I can't be sure of this one)

I hope that this helps somewhat.
Old May 11th 2010, 9:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by alipally
If you are doing a validation trip it's important to note that many of the 'no fee' accounts are dependant on you having a monthly salary to pay into the account.
The may not be the case if it will remain unused for some time before you take up residence in Aus.
Therefore the only accounts (that I'm aware of) suitable for this are the HSBC savings account and the Citibank everyday account. (Although I can't be sure of this one)

I hope that this helps somewhat.
And the National Australia Bank (NAB)