Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bank Accounts in Oz - Do you get online statements rather than paper ones in post?

Bank Accounts in Oz - Do you get online statements rather than paper ones in post?

Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:35 pm
Merlot

Default Bank Accounts in Oz - Do you get online statements rather than paper ones in post?

I read in a post over the last week that someone gets their bank statements on-line, no longer by post. This helps say in my case where I have Oz bank accounts but living in UK for the moment.

I have accounts left with HSBC & Westpac over there, before I waste my time calling them and getting NO (an expensive one at that taking into account phone charges), has anyone else done this?

With the present climate and identity theft, is this a good thing to do, especially like me if you have moved a bit over last few years?

M

Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Accounts in Oz - Do you get online statements rather than paper ones in post

We do both. On line from UK and by post from here. (The account here is an online accout)

Not sure if this answers your question cos i'm not sure what it was exactly that you were asking
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:03 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Bank Accounts in Oz - Do you get online statements rather than paper ones in post

Originally Posted by hevs
We do both. On line from UK and by post from here. (The account here is an online accout)

Not sure if this answers your question cos i'm not sure what it was exactly that you were asking
Think you answered my question perfectly, my aim is to get all banks we hold accounts with sending us our monthly statements online, opposed to getting them in the mail. This is both UK & Australia.

Many thanks
M

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

No worries!

Might be worth e mailing them to ask to be taken of the computer generated mailing list and see if they do??
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:06 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by hevs
No worries!

Might be worth e mailing them to ask to be taken of the computer generated mailing list and see if they do??
Thanks for that

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:07 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Bank Accounts in Oz - Do you get online statements rather than paper ones in post?

Originally Posted by Merlot
I read in a post over the last week that someone gets their bank statements on-line, no longer by post. This helps say in my case where I have Oz bank accounts but living in UK for the moment.

I have accounts left with HSBC & Westpac over there, before I waste my time calling them and getting NO (an expensive one at that taking into account phone charges), has anyone else done this?

With the present climate and identity theft, is this a good thing to do, especially like me if you have moved a bit over last few years?

M
I just looked on the HSBC OZ website, to see if paper statements can be stopped, but didn't find an option. I know that UK HSBC can, as I do the same as Hevs.