Bank Accounts

Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Bank Accounts

My in-laws are coming over to spend Christmas with us and my FIL was just asking if he can open a bank account before he gets here so that he doesn't have to keep paying the overseas fee's that would accumulate when using his own bank a/c? Does anyone know the answer before we phone the bank?

Thanks,

Lynn xx
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:49 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bank Accounts

Originally Posted by the4ofus
My in-laws are coming over to spend Christmas with us and my FIL was just asking if he can open a bank account before he gets here so that he doesn't have to keep paying the overseas fee's that would accumulate when using his own bank a/c? Does anyone know the answer before we phone the bank?

Thanks,

Lynn xx
I reckon he could if he had a visa permitting him to live here. I don't reckon a bank would open an account on the basis of a tourist visa.

One way round this is for him to transfer funds into your own account and for you to then give him access to this, obviously there would need to be total trust!!!

BB
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Bank Accounts

Thanks,

Lynn xx
hi lynn,
darrens dad opened an account with westpac when he was over last year!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

thanks I'll get to email Westpac and hopefully they can help him.

Lynn xx
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Lynn xx
I opened one with the Heritage when I was only on a tourist visa. Told them I was applying for a permanent one, but they didn't require any proof. The 100 point thing was satisfied by the fact I had a recent entry stamp in my passport, and I just used the address I was staying at, my then fiance.