Bank accounts

Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bank accounts

This question has probably been asked on numerous occasions so my apologies. When you have had your Visa granted can you open a bank account in Australia before you validate ? If so how do you do it ?

Thanks

Sunshine23
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:29 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank accounts

Originally Posted by sunshine23
This question has probably been asked on numerous occasions so my apologies. When you have had your Visa granted can you open a bank account in Australia before you validate ? If so how do you do it ?

Thanks

Sunshine23
Hi sunshine...........you've finished celebrating now then!!!! I will watch this post myself as i wondered about doing this now too. C x
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Hi sunshine...........you've finished celebrating now then!!!! I will watch this post myself as i wondered about doing this now too. C x

Well lets say I have calmed down the celebrating. I need to start organising things and I need a partial clear head for that.

Sunshine23
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:36 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sunshine23
Have a look at the websites of a few of the banks and see which one you like the look of... I think almost all of them have a migrant section where it tells you which forms to fill out, etc... Perfectly easy to do from outside Oz... You can deposit money into these accounts but before being able to withdraw you need to validate the account by turning up in person at one of their branches in Oz with your passport, etc... Couldn't be easier...

We're with Westpac to start you off...
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodders39
Have a look at the websites of a few of the banks and see which one you like the look of... I think almost all of them have a migrant section where it tells you which forms to fill out, etc... Perfectly easy to do from outside Oz... You can deposit money into these accounts but before being able to withdraw you need to validate the account by turning up in person at one of their branches in Oz with your passport, etc... Couldn't be easier...

Thanks for that I will look at the website now

Sunshine23
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:53 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Sunshine23
Try these threads

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=bank

Old Dec 8th 2006, 7:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sunshine23

http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk/movi...re_you_arrive/

i can personnaly recommend these
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:47 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
You can open a bank account in the UK. Commonwealth Bank do one. You have to fill out and return the forms to the London Office with a certified copy of passport, and original utility bill. Specify where the account is to be held and they do the rest. You have an account set up in the UK which is just for depositing money in which is transferred to Australia. When you arrive at your destination you have to visit the bank with ID collect cards etc. Easy as that.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

www.anz.com

Dowload the form, fill it in, post it. Within about 10 days you'll get your account number, then you just need to visit any branch when you get here, show your passport and you can use the account straight away.

You can also open an account over the telephone
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Did you choose which branch you wanted your account to be opened at or did they just open your account at the main branch in the city??

Jane
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:11 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Did you choose which branch you wanted your account to be opened at or did they just open your account at the main branch in the city??

Jane
I'm pretty sure you can choose...
Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:25 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

How did you find the westpac service ? I am thinking of doing the same.

Thanks
Jason.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:59 pm
Timelord

Originally Posted by ectomorph
How did you find the westpac service ? I am thinking of doing the same.

Thanks
Jason.
It's fine, no problems at all...
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:09 am
Just Joined

millymolly is an unknown quantity at this point

It's fine, no problems at all...
Commonwealth bank has a branch in London which you can open here and is active in AU too - very helpfull!!