Bank Accounts

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

TGrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bank Accounts

I've just got my Permanant Residency Visa for Australia and am in the process of sorting out my house sale, moving possessions etc but still need to open an Australian Bank Account.

Can anyone recommend a good way of comparing the major Australian banks for loan rates, overdraft facilities and so on. Does a website exist that can offer advice?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:04 pm
joveazey

Default Re: Bank Accounts

Commonwealth Bank has a migrant banking section. You can open an account here and they transfer your money to an Oz bank. When you arrive you have to go in with your passport to activate the account.

Jo

Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

roiboit is an unknown quantity at this point

There is actually a great site that compares all sorts of accounts, investments, loan offers, etc (that I got from a post on this site). I am a bit hopeless about putting in the links properly but here's a go:

http://finance.minemsn.com.au

go to "money" then "your savings" for the deposit account comparison.

good luck wading through all the different charges!
roiboit
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:35 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roiboit
There is actually a great site that compares all sorts of accounts, investments, loan offers, etc (that I got from a post on this site). I am a bit hopeless about putting in the links properly but here's a go:

http://finance.minemsn.com.au

go to "money" then "your savings" for the deposit account comparison.

good luck wading through all the different charges!
roiboit
Sorry roiboit,

but I can't seem to get the link to work, page seems unavailable.

D D
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Sorry roiboit,

but I can't seem to get the link to work, page seems unavailable.

D D
typo

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:50 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
Yay!!

Well done... tried all figure of things to replace the 'mine' but came up with zilch

Cheers

D D