Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Bank Account?

Which Bank Account?

Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all
Default Which Bank Account?

Hi

I am trying to open a bank account with Westpac online from the uk.
Can anyone tell me which account is best?

I am not very good with financial things and my head is like mush.

Thanks
Jill
xxx

Ps: do I need to just open a current account first and then apply for savings account when we arrive in Oz? We havent a great deal of money to transfer.

Jill
xxx
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice
Default Re: Which Bank Account?

I found ANZ were the easiest of the big 4 to set up an account with whilst still in the UK. You get the option of opening both a current and a savings account at the same time, and you won't get charged anything until you get into Oz and officially open the account. In the meantime, you can transfer in as much or as little as you like.

Go to the following for full info and the application form:

http://www.anz.com.au/aus/Personal/M...UK/default.asp
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all
Default Re: Which Bank Account?

Thanks.

I have just had a look and it seems easy enough.

Jill
xxx