Banana Power

Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Banana Power

I think this is funny:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...235868,00.html

G
Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:54 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Banana Power

Originally Posted by Grayling
Grayling sweetie, It won't let me in without a password!!

I thought it very sweet of you to title a thread with my world domination

Jill x

Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banana Power

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Grayling sweetie, It won't let me in without a password!!

I thought it very sweet of you to title a thread with my world domination

Jill x
Here is a C+P version just for you Jill

World News

August 28, 2004

Rotten fruit brings power to the people

Sydney: Australian scientists have created an electricity generator fuelled by decomposing bananas and are working on plans for a full-scale fruit-fired power station.
Bill Clarke, an engineering lecturer at the University of Queensland, hit upon the novel power source when the Australian Banana Growers’ Association approached him, wanting to make use of vast quantities of waste bananas.

“In North Queensland, bananas are abundant and could be a source of renewable energy,� Mr Clarke said.

About one third of tropical Queensland’s banana crop, more than 20,000 tonnes a year, never makes it to the shops because the bananas are bruised or too small. Normally they are left to rot, but Mr Clarke has used them to generate electricity in the laboratory.

Mr Clarke will know by next February whether bananas are a commercially viable energy source. If so, the industry may build a plant capable of powering about 500 homes.

He said that the potential was limited as it took 60kg (132lb) of bananas to power a fan heater for 30 hours. (AFP)

From today's times.

Hope you are well. Glad to hear your good news.

Best wishes

G