Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:15 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hey Jill

Sounds like you are getting everything under control; I know what you mean about being 12,000miles from familiar (and I've been here before for a year!), I think our move was pretty much the same time

Tomorrow is my day for medicare, bank a/c & also going to investigate the local dive club, as I feel I need a hobby & something I can't do in the UK is as good as any Feeling a bit trapped here at the moment as the boyfs car is broken and I have to borrow his mums which I feel a bit cheeky doing.... still walking to Coles is doing me good.

Anyway... this is your post and I kinda got sidetracked with my own stuff

Keep us posted with the rest of your settling in, fingers crossed you have some luck with your house shortly!

PS: there is no pound sign (think you can do it through alt+another key, just not sure which one!!! )
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:16 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Jill, you'll probably find the pup will follow whoever feeds him (not daft you know ).
I hope you don't feel sad for too long - if it's any consolation the weather is pretty grim in Yorkshire right now too! Just take a minute (!!) to remember all the reasons that took you to Oz in the first place. Maybe the horse riding will help.
Keep the updates coming, brilliant reading.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:22 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner

PS: there is no pound sign (think you can do it through alt+another key, just not sure which one!!! )

Testing
£

Yippppeeeee

To get a £ sign you have to hold down Alt and write 0163 (Alt+0163), when you release it the pound appears. Only works on the numeric keypad though, so no good for laptops

££££££££££
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:30 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

You can type a pound symbol in using HTML entities too if you want.

£

& # 163 ;

Get rid of the spaces.

♠♣♥♦

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:16 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ulujain
You can type a pound symbol in using HTML entities too if you want.

£

& # 163 ;

Get rid of the spaces.

♠♣♥♦

And if you can't remember the codes and you are using windows, use charmap to paste the £ symbol in.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:29 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
3rd Aug

So nice of you Warren to let me know the couple don't want the house via the website still, if you want to play out our whole life on this site, then so be it, see you in the divorce courts and you can have the bloody dog! and I'll keep the knives oops can't do that, 'cos I won't be able to stay in Oz - talk to you later

This is s'posed to be MY DIARY page from Oz, with you as a sideliner mate, you knew when you married me that I am the centre of all attention - that hasn't changed being in Oz - just every bloody else thing has!!

School informed me this morning that the Head wants a meeting with me tommorrow to decide best course of action.
Had a couple of prospectuss' (don't know the plural) arrive this morning for private schools when she is at senior level. To say they vary wildly in price would be a gross understatement, anything from $1700 per year to $12,000, but it is obvious when you read the details the difference and we dont need three guess whic one Jilly likes the look of. Booking an appointment to see one next week - not only you my darling that communicate via this site Don't panic my sweet, only going for a look and of course I wouln't make a descision without consulting you............ BTW the waiting list for both is 4 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was shocked to read than none of the schools I have details on so far, include even the stationary basics, everything seems to be extra, be warned. Once you are earning the Aussie dollar $12,000 is aloy of money, in percentage terms probably equates to the equivelent of 12 thousand ponds (can't find the pound sign.
key)

Tax file number arrived today, so can now do Centrelink and join a library,'cos I now have something with this address on and MY name.

Went out to Swan River with Warren's cousin (just got back) - dog won't leave me alone and is now sitting on my knee as I type this. It keeps nipping Midge and only wants me, which is going down like a lead balloon.

Speaking of lead balloons, got my first taste of missing the UK today and it's not pleasant. Driving round here the buildings are all concrete boxes and the 'scenery' I was shown today is just not a micro patch on County Durham, The Cotswolds, The lakes, Yorkshire etc. It stunned me how much that hurt and it felt like someone was twisting a fist in my stomach, the ends of my fingers felt like the rush you get when you smoke your first fag (ex smoker) and my heart lay heavy in my chest, like a lead balloon. Didn't feel weepy - just unbelievably sad. Can't shake it right now, so just going with it. Not helped by the weather being pants, just feel a bit bewildered by life today. This better be worth it, 'cos right now ice is creeping into my veins and I'm 12 thousand miles from all that is famliar....................

Off to pick Midge from school and then horse riding - will let you know how that goes.

Jill
Glad to hear that Smudge is starting to settle in. Agree with wmoore about the feeding, definately could be a case of cupboard love. Get Imogen to take her turn with the feeding for a few days and things could be different.

And if you are looking for Cotswold type scenery, have you been up to the Chittering Valley yet ? Also the Avon valley ? There are parts of both these places that are very "England". Dont know if that will help or make it worse.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jill

sorry to hear you're feeling down, hope you feel a bit better after the sunny day we've had today.

Take a drive up to Yanchep National Park this week, its straight up Wanneroo Road, they have wild roos, koala boardwalk, beautiful lake, (you can hire row boats!!!), lots of lovely colurful birds and best of all tucked in their is a fab Inn, great food and beer not far from us, so you can drop in for fab fish and chips on way back - found amazing one near us too

If you need a chat, give me a call as in for most of week unpacking boxes!!!!

Teresa
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:32 am
Go Banana's !!

3rd Aug
update

Mrs Bucket is in heaven, I'm in heaven........

Some wise and wonderful poster said that the horse riding would make me feel better and boy it did. The girls up there we soooooooooooooo nice, good bit of eye candy for Warren when he finally gets here. I've never seen stables so clean and a beautiful facility set in lovely countryside.

Total bummer about the house and I owe my favourite Banana an apology as he said my comments were very hurtful. Sorry darling they were mean't as a joke

I made my second mistake today, by judging the whole of Perth on one experience. I haven't really had chance to properly get out and about, hence the sad side of me spending hours on here ! Think I need a trip to Kings Park and see that view that I fell in love with.

Muchos thankos to the wmoore, you are so right, just lost the plot for a while today. I'd forgotten that it used to be an hour journey to school and is now only 7 mins (and thats out of our suburb), gymnastics used to mean getting home at 7pm after being out since 7am and often driving in foul weather, horseriding was often rained off, used to have to park outside school 30 mins before pickup to get a space and pay for it - hoorah for kiss 'n' ride (still think it would make a great party game ). and the fact that I hardly ever saw Warren deeerrr, got that a bit wrong didn't we!

I just need to do somefink for meself, since the arrival of the little sh#t machine all hell has broke loose. Take my advice don't EVER do anything so stupid as this - I must have been mad. If I knew then what I know now, there would have been NO way on this planet I would have bought the rat, but he's here now and I have to get on with it. Nice change to stroking me pussy (can I get away with that one )

One of my favourite songs contains the words:

And I look at me today
And the dreams have gone away
And I am where I never thought I would be
Seeing things I never thought I would see, happnin' to me.......

Sort of sums it up really, dare not play it as the flood gates will open.

My hair is starting to look like an afgan hound:scared:, my nails look like Waynetta Slob and the Aussie bush needs a trim (my legs I mean)

Laughed me pants off last night as I watched an old episode of 'Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps' on UKTV the one with the bondage gear!! Can't wait to get the UK DVD as I'm dying to watch my Pheonix Nights double DVD

Not sure the upgrade on Fox was worth it as I only watch two programmes a night then fall into bed knackered.

Well here's to another day........I've just realised half of my problem at the moment is that I have ran out of breezers, must sort that out.

Thats all for now folks

Jill

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:35 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

3rd Aug
update

Mrs Bucket is in heaven, I'm in heaven........

Some wise and wonderful poster said that the horse riding would make me feel better and boy it did. The girls up there we soooooooooooooo nice, good bit of eye candy for Warren when he finally gets here. I've never seen stables so clean and a beautiful facility set in lovely countryside.

Total bummer about the house and I owe my favourite Banana an apology as he said my comments were very hurtful. Sorry darling they were mean't as a joke

I made my second mistake today, by judging the whole of Perth on one experience. I haven't really had chance to properly get out and about, hence the sad side of me spending hours on here ! Think I need a trip to Kings Park and see that view that I fell in love with.

Muchos thankos to the wmoore, you are so right, just lost the plot for a while today. I'd forgotten that it used to be an hour journey to school and is now only 7 mins (and thats out of our suburb), gymnastics used to mean getting home at 7pm after being out since 7am and often driving in foul weather, horseriding was often rained off, used to have to park outside school 30 mins before pickup to get a space and pay for it - hoorah for kiss 'n' ride (still think it would make a great party game ). and the fact that I hardly ever saw Warren deeerrr, got that a bit wrong didn't we!

I just need to do somefink for meself, since the arrival of the little sh#t machine all hell has broke loose. Take my advice don't EVER do anything so stupid as this - I must have been mad. If I knew then what I know now, there would have been NO way on this planet I would have bought the rat, but he's here now and I have to get on with it. Nice change to stroking me pussy (can I get away with that one )

One of my favourite songs contains the words:

And I look at me today
And the dreams have gone away
And I am where I never thought I would be
Seeing things I never thought I would see, happnin' to me.......

Sort of sums it up really, dare not play it as the flood gates will open.

My hair is starting to look like an afgan hound:scared:, my nails look like Waynetta Slob and the Aussie bush needs a trim (my legs I mean)

Laughed me pants off last night as I watched an old episode of 'Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps' on UKTV the one with the bondage gear!! Can't wait to get the UK DVD as I'm dying to watch my Pheonix Nights double DVD

Not sure the upgrade on Fox was worth it as I only watch two programmes a night then fall into bed knackered.

Well here's to another day........I've just realised half of my problem at the moment is that I have ran out of breezers, must sort that out.

Thats all for now folks

Jill
Some good double entendres there Jill!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:51 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

my nails look like Waynetta Slob
Oi!! What's wrong with my missus's nails????
Wayne.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 12:46 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Jill,

I've just read all about your life in Perth and wow, you sure have been up to loads!! Great reading!!

Don't worry, Smudge will settle in soon enough and then you'll wonder how you ever managed without the little rat!

Get those breezers and worry about the hair, nails and aussie bush tomorrow!

Sunchaser
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

kamalk01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you help Jill ??

Hi Jill,

My family and I are visiting Perth to see if its the kind of place we'd like to move to. We'd love to meet up with you before we fly off to Sydney on Friday evening, and hear all about your move and your reasons for moving, warts and all!!!

If that's ok with you then post a reply to this message with a time and place to meet. For security sake make it a public place during daylight hours. We're staying in a unit in Vic Park but don't mind travelling to wherever. I'm the navigator and my wife drives, so we're bound to get there !!!

We're really concerned about the schooling side of things and would love to get your views. We visited a state and private school today, and were not really impressed by the standard. Our kids, son 8 daughter 6, attend private schools in England.

Your right about the views from King's Park. Not sure I agree with you about the weather though, I'd rather be in Perth's winter than London's winter.

Anyway if we can meet up for a coffee (or Breezer!!) that'd be great.

Bobby & Family
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:03 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi Jill

Glad to hear smudge is settling and you feel a bit better. I think you definatley need to stock up on some more breezers and then try and have a bit of pampering I can imagine it's hard finding the time with the rat and all.

Take Care

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:53 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mlbonner
Only works on the numeric keypad though, so no good for laptops
Actually (many/most/all?) laptops do have a numeric keypad, it's just not obvious. For example this one has it on the keys for 789, uio, jkl and m. You get at it with a key marked Fn. You may find your manual some help (go on, you know you had to read it eventually!)
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:09 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Actually (many/most/all?) laptops do have a numeric keypad, it's just not obvious. For example this one has it on the keys for 789, uio, jkl and m. You get at it with a key marked Fn. You may find your manual some help (go on, you know you had to read it eventually!)

Ah yes, I see it now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.