Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:34 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Stormz
So what`s your dream job about then?
Sorry, want to keep that private. But basically its one of the biggest companies in the world and it involves a change in industry for me. There's a moderate amount of travel and an excellent salary package.

Warren

Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:03 pm
Banned

Monkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really nice
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Sorry to hear you've got the flu, Jill.

Didn't realise the ol' influenza affected the ability to type though!

Return to your diary when you're fit and strong again. Get well soon.

Justin
Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:23 am
Go Banana's !!

10th March

Good God doesn't time fly !! well it does here anyway. I promised an update at the weekend and it's already nearly the following weekend.

I actually slept most of the weekend as the cold just knocked it out of me, I was exhaused and missed on on fab day out at Yanchep.

Littlen' and hubby just had the best time ever and went up to Yanchep to do a two hour Pony treck. She got her dream to canter along the beach in the sun. We used to go to Whitely bay in the NE, but it was a tadge colder there !! in March :scared:

Buggar, I have ran out of time fannying around with photpost. Must dash and pick up Magie for coffee.

I have posted the pics of Imogen at Yanchep on photopost and I will finish an update later, half promise as the man is due home tonight

Sorry guys

Jill

Last edited by Go Banana's !!; Mar 10th 2005 at 2:25 am.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:48 am
maggy

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
10th March

Good God doesn't time fly !! well it does here anyway. I promised an update at the weekend and it's already nearly the following weekend.

I actually slept most of the weekend as the cold just knocked it out of me, I was exhaused and missed on on fab day out at Yanchep.

Littlen' and hubby just had the best time ever and went up to Yanchep to do a two hour Pony treck. She got her dream to canter along the beach in the sun. We used to go to Whitely bay in the NE, but it was a tadge colder there !! in March :scared:

Buggar, I have ran out of time fannying around with photpost. Must dash and pick up Magie for coffee.

I have posted the pics of Imogen at Yanchep on photopost and I will finish an update later, half promise as the man is due home tonight

Sorry guys

Jill
Sorry to go off topic doll lol

Need recipe for welsh rarebit and reckon you will prob have one of the best.

Please e mail it to me

xxxxx

Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:55 am
maggy

Originally Posted by maggy
Sorry to go off topic doll lol

Need recipe for welsh rarebit and reckon you will prob have one of the best.

Please e mail it to me

xxxxx
PS. Had great day today and will try to rearrange plans in order to make it tomorrow night especially if the banished one is coming lol.

I need a good laugh

xxx

Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:56 am
Go Banana's !!

10th March

Littlen' and hubby just had the best time ever and went up to Yanchep to do a two hour Pony treck. She got her dream to canter along the beach in the sun. We used to go to Whitely bay in the NE, but it was a tadge colder there !! in March

Sorry guys

Jill
Now I have come to sit down and have some time to update my mind has gone blank and I'm really worried I am becoming very boring, I need a drunken night out, where I fall out of a taxi and wake up in a shopping trolley.

WARNING I MAY START TO RAMBLE

Speaking of rambling I rang my good friend yesterday at work in Newcastle (my old work) and she is in a bad way, she'd gone out on a pub crawl in Newcastle, fell out of a taxi and smacked out her two front teeth and broke her jaw :scared: . She is still in alot of pain but we had a damn good laugh about it, especially as she had just had her bum tattoed with a bicardi bat on it and that was sore too. She's in her forties I might add and has had a new lease of life. Made me think how boring I had become, with all this talk about houses etc and I realised I needed a night out. Don't worry guys I'm not planning any tatts, the pain ewwie.

Had a great laugh with the girls today and we have shook ourselves up and some nights out are on the cards. Watch this space for a night of Tarrot cards, Belly Dancing and hangovers from hell. Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in moving that you forget you used to go out every Friday night and come home with grid marks on ya face cos you fell in the gutter, trying to climb in a taxi on all fours, I kid you not.

I have let myself go, these pages have become boring and I want to be able to write funny stuff, the comedy doesn't always have to be tradgic. Although Warren does seem to pick his moments to go away. He must know the precise time when Smudge is going to vomit some unfortunate insect he has just ingested from the garden and book his flight.

It always happens when I just come in from picking Imogen up and I have bags to unpack, tea to cook, washing to bring in etc etc. And yes this is exactly what happened on Tuesday after a great shopping trip with Madame Sin. I was elated to find the David Jones had some mugs that matched some I had brought from the Uk. It's a range that is discontinued in the UK, (and the last two in David Jones) so I was even more thrilled.

However in my rush to unpack them when I got home, I decided I was going to juggle them along with a pile of washing I was putting in the machine and failed miserably. I caught one, but howled with disbelief as I watched in slow motion, as the other one crashed to the floor. This was the point the dog decided to throw up. I felt I was being punished for spending so much on two mugs, you don't want to know

I really think that this diary should come to an end soon, but not just yet . No this isn't so you'll all say, noooooooooooo Jill don't, just for an ego boost. It's just that we are just living here, we are not special and all the settling in is done and who wants to read about everyday life?

You want information, you want help, which is what this site is supposed to be about. Although I worry sometimes after some of the stuff I read on here at times. But who am I to judge ? all anyone can talk about is their own experience and their own opinion. No one person is right or wrong. I just wish sometimes people would be more accepting of peoples viewpoint and just take it as that.

Sometimes the website is like reading Prime Ministers Question Time, no wonder countries are so hard to govern when you have such a mix of opinion. And please God if I see another post "What's it like in Perth, where shall we live? blah, blah" I think I'll scream. Now that's probably very unfair of me but, there again, you will only get opinion and every family has different dynamics. We love it, a fair number hate it, who's opinion do you want to listen too? who is right ? Answer = neither, we just want different things out of life. You should never let other peoples opinion sway you one way or the other, that's what life is about finding out for yourselves.

I have some very dear friends who moved out here having never ever been, which quite frankly I thought was incredibly brave or just plain mad BUT and this is a big BUT, they have the right attitude and are giving it a damn good go. It hasn't been easy for them and there have been times when I have feared I'd get a text "I'm on the plane back" but I am so proud of them. They never came with wads of cash or any expectations, they just wanted a change and expected no more no less. Now if you can be like that, you'll be fine wherever you go. You know who you are babes, you are a star.

On the otherhand if you are like us, not quite so good at throwing caution to the wind, then visit , but that's just us.

Told you this was going to be ramble and I have no idea where it's going or what I am trying to say.........just be nice to each other guys and give whatever you do a damn good go. Alot of the time if you are unhappy the answer is inside you, not your surroundings. Geeze. lighten up girl.

Look, we love it here. We think we have a good life, well we are very happy overall. We look for what we have, not what we haven't (apart from my Merc )and that seems to work.

Take a peek at this guys, this is the latest (edited to remove personal info)update I sent back to the UK - do you think I laid it on a bit thick or what ??? (he, he)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone.
Hope this update finds you all in fine fettle and looking forward to the spring and summer months.

We have been here nearly 8 months now and we can’t believe how fast the time has gone, so apologies to some of you who haven’t had an update for a while.
So far so good, things for us here seem to be going very well.

Warren has just landed himself a rather super job.

They were so keen to nab him that he was flown over to Sydney on the red eye to meet the top bods over there, as he had 2 other offers on the table and they wanted to see him quickly. That was a test of endurance for him. He left Perth at 11pm landed in Sydney (3am Perth time - 7am Sydney time) He had his interview at 8am Sydney time (4am Perth) and was back on the plane at 9am Sydney time and back into Perth at 11am. That was an interview he certainly won’t forget, as he went about 40 hours without sleep ! As you can probably glean I am very proud of him and so far he is loving it. There is a lot to for him to learn and a moderate amount of travel to some far flung places including Shanghi and Holland !

The house build is coming along at a nice steady pace and at the moment of going to press we are at the roof stage. Although we are using a project builder (basically you have a project manager who organizes everything), there is still an amazing amount for me to do, which is keeping me very busy. Once the house is built there is still the flooring, decorating, extra sofas! blinds (a must with the sun out here), aircon, alarm system, cinema room, pool, garden, fencing, blah blah blah…… to sort. The list is endless. Shopping and getting quotes here is great fun. You never ever pay what is on the ticket and bartering is a national sport.

There is the odd thing I miss, but you just have to get on with it and hopefully when Warren goes to Holland, he can nip over to the UK and fill a suitcase with Thornton’s coffee chocolates, Walkers Chicken Crisps and M&S White Scent smellies. Mum sends me parcels which keep me going. I miss the scenery of County Durham too, which is undoubtedly some of the best in the world, but I don’t miss the snow or the dark mornings. It’s best focusing on what we have here, not what we don’t have. Warren has a 20 minute journey to work, doesn’t work bank holidays or weekends and can switch off the mobile, which is worth it’s weight in gold.

All this doesn’t leave any room for me to work and I am thoroughly enjoying being a lady of leisure (well lady maybe stretching it!). As said in my Christmas letter I have great circle of friends and find it hard to catch up with all of them, I have to plan about two weeks in advance, seriously. Coupled with that, I now help out at Imogen’s school with the cookery and math lessons and have somehow roped myself into being the school parking warden on a Friday afternoon. Once the house is built I will look to do something, but not sure yet, maybe back to college or a part time job. I have discovered skills I never knew I had and like Warren I may go and do something completely different, it’s lovely to have the choice.

Imogen, well, she is just having the best time ever. She loves school and has great fun there. She has a huge bunch of friends from school, gymnastics, horse riding, swimming, expat friends and neighbours. Her confidence and social skills have dramatically improved and although she is sometimes no angel at home (well she is seven going on 17) when we take her out she behaves very well. She is always at sleepovers and cracks us up with some of the expressions she comes out with and seems very popular with her classmates. She now sports an Aussie accent which sounds very funny.

My Mum is coming over for 6 weeks in September and Warrens Mum and Dad in December. They have never been over here for Christmas, so it will be lovely to take them out to the open air carols by candle light and show them all the houses decorated with lights (they have competitions). In between them all coming we are looking to go away for a week to the Gold Coast, as we have friends over there with a hotel next to Sea World and Warren will have clocked up some air miles by then. Next year we are looking to go ski-ing in Melbourne and maybe a trip over to Asia. To be honest there is no point us going on a beach holiday as we have at least 10 beaches here within a 20 min drive. Sometimes, although everyday life gets in the way, living here is like being on holiday.

Would you believe it? it’s raining today (for the first time in about 2 months) so we are off to the Ideal Home Show at the new Exhibition Centre, much to Imogen’s disgust. It’s coming into Autumn, but it still averages 32 degrees. Tomorrow Warren is off to watch Drag racing which is awesome (he videoed it for me) but far too loud for my delicate ear drums. On Monday which is Bank Holiday we are off to Fremantle for the day which is Port with fantastic seafood restaurants and amazing fruit, spice and craft markets. Last week we went to Perth Zoo which is really great day out and unbelievably clean for a zoo. We have also been to the Perth Mint which was very interesting and we watched a gold pour. In the coming months we are off to the Circus, Horse trekking up North in the Hills at Yanchep National Park and many, many days out at Kings Park.

Then a bit of blah blah blah ....... lots of love and all that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing this made me realise just how far we had come in several ways.

So what if we see it through rosies, they are our rosies and we aint asking anyone else to wear them.

Finally, yep, phewie I am going now. The roof should have started today but hasn't. I text the builder and told him to rub his lamp a bit harder and maybe the roof genie would appear! Didn't realise how rude it sounded until I told Warren, no wonder I haven't heard anything as yet !!!

Toodle pip

Jill

Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:21 pm
maggy

Now I have come to sit down and have some time to update my mind has gone blank and I'm really worried I am becoming very boring, I need a drunken night out, where I fall out of a taxi and wake up in a shopping trolley.

WARNING I MAY START TO RAMBLE

Speaking of rambling I rang my good friend yesterday at work in Newcastle (my old work) and she is in a bad way, she'd gone out on a pub crawl in Newcastle, fell out of a taxi and smacked out her two front teeth and broke her jaw :scared: . She is still in alot of pain but we had a damn good laugh about it, especially as she had just had her bum tattoed with a bicardi bat on it and that was sore too. She's in her forties I might add and has had a new lease of life. Made me think how boring I had become, with all this talk about houses etc and I realised I needed a night out. Don't worry guys I'm not planning any tatts, the pain ewwie.

Had a great laugh with the girls today and we have shook ourselves up and some nights out are on the cards. Watch this space for a night of Tarrot cards, Belly Dancing and hangovers from hell. Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in moving that you forget you used to go out every Friday night and come home with grid marks on ya face cos you fell in the gutter, trying to climb in a taxi on all fours, I kid you not.

I have let myself go, these pages have become boring and I want to be able to write funny stuff, the comedy doesn't always have to be tradgic. Although Warren does seem to pick his moments to go away. He must know the precise time when Smudge is going to vomit some unfortunate insect he has just ingested from the garden and book his flight.

It always happens when I just come in from picking Imogen up and I have bags to unpack, tea to cook, washing to bring in etc etc. And yes this is exactly what happened on Tuesday after a great shopping trip with Madame Sin. I was elated to find the David Jones had some mugs that matched some I had brought from the Uk. It's a range that is discontinued in the UK, (and the last two in David Jones) so I was even more thrilled.

However in my rush to unpack them when I got home, I decided I was going to juggle them along with a pile of washing I was putting in the machine and failed miserably. I caught one, but howled with disbelief as I watched in slow motion, as the other one crashed to the floor. This was the point the dog decided to throw up. I felt I was being punished for spending so much on two mugs, you don't want to know

I really think that this diary should come to an end soon, but not just yet . No this isn't so you'll all say, noooooooooooo Jill don't, just for an ego boost. It's just that we are just living here, we are not special and all the settling in is done and who wants to read about everyday life?

You want information, you want help, which is what this site is supposed to be about. Although I worry sometimes after some of the stuff I read on here at times. But who am I to judge ? all anyone can talk about is their own experience and their own opinion. No one person is right or wrong. I just wish sometimes people would be more accepting of peoples viewpoint and just take it as that.

Sometimes the website is like reading Prime Ministers Question Time, no wonder countries are so hard to govern when you have such a mix of opinion. And please God if I see another post "What's it like in Perth, where shall we live? blah, blah" I think I'll scream. Now that's probably very unfair of me but, there again, you will only get opinion and every family has different dynamics. We love it, a fair number hate it, who's opinion do you want to listen too? who is right ? Answer = neither, we just want different things out of life. You should never let other peoples opinion sway you one way or the other, that's what life is about finding out for yourselves.

I have some very dear friends who moved out here having never ever been, which quite frankly I thought was incredibly brave or just plain mad BUT and this is a big BUT, they have the right attitude and are giving it a damn good go. It hasn't been easy for them and there have been times when I have feared I'd get a text "I'm on the plane back" but I am so proud of them. They never came with wads of cash or any expectations, they just wanted a change and expected no more no less. Now if you can be like that, you'll be fine wherever you go. You know who you are babes, you are a star.

On the otherhand if you are like us, not quite so good at throwing caution to the wind, then visit , but that's just us.

Told you this was going to be ramble and I have no idea where it's going or what I am trying to say.........just be nice to each other guys and give whatever you do a damn good go. Alot of the time if you are unhappy the answer is inside you, not your surroundings. Geeze. lighten up girl.

Look, we love it here. We think we have a good life, well we are very happy overall. We look for what we have, not what we haven't (apart from my Merc )and that seems to work.

Take a peek at this guys, this is the latest (edited to remove personal info)update I sent back to the UK - do you think I laid it on a bit thick or what ??? (he, he)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone.
Hope this update finds you all in fine fettle and looking forward to the spring and summer months.

We have been here nearly 8 months now and we can’t believe how fast the time has gone, so apologies to some of you who haven’t had an update for a while.
So far so good, things for us here seem to be going very well.

Warren has just landed himself a rather super job.

They were so keen to nab him that he was flown over to Sydney on the red eye to meet the top bods over there, as he had 2 other offers on the table and they wanted to see him quickly. That was a test of endurance for him. He left Perth at 11pm landed in Sydney (3am Perth time - 7am Sydney time) He had his interview at 8am Sydney time (4am Perth) and was back on the plane at 9am Sydney time and back into Perth at 11am. That was an interview he certainly won’t forget, as he went about 40 hours without sleep ! As you can probably glean I am very proud of him and so far he is loving it. There is a lot to for him to learn and a moderate amount of travel to some far flung places including Shanghi and Holland !

The house build is coming along at a nice steady pace and at the moment of going to press we are at the roof stage. Although we are using a project builder (basically you have a project manager who organizes everything), there is still an amazing amount for me to do, which is keeping me very busy. Once the house is built there is still the flooring, decorating, extra sofas! blinds (a must with the sun out here), aircon, alarm system, cinema room, pool, garden, fencing, blah blah blah…… to sort. The list is endless. Shopping and getting quotes here is great fun. You never ever pay what is on the ticket and bartering is a national sport.

There is the odd thing I miss, but you just have to get on with it and hopefully when Warren goes to Holland, he can nip over to the UK and fill a suitcase with Thornton’s coffee chocolates, Walkers Chicken Crisps and M&S White Scent smellies. Mum sends me parcels which keep me going. I miss the scenery of County Durham too, which is undoubtedly some of the best in the world, but I don’t miss the snow or the dark mornings. It’s best focusing on what we have here, not what we don’t have. Warren has a 20 minute journey to work, doesn’t work bank holidays or weekends and can switch off the mobile, which is worth it’s weight in gold.

All this doesn’t leave any room for me to work and I am thoroughly enjoying being a lady of leisure (well lady maybe stretching it!). As said in my Christmas letter I have great circle of friends and find it hard to catch up with all of them, I have to plan about two weeks in advance, seriously. Coupled with that, I now help out at Imogen’s school with the cookery and math lessons and have somehow roped myself into being the school parking warden on a Friday afternoon. Once the house is built I will look to do something, but not sure yet, maybe back to college or a part time job. I have discovered skills I never knew I had and like Warren I may go and do something completely different, it’s lovely to have the choice.

Imogen, well, she is just having the best time ever. She loves school and has great fun there. She has a huge bunch of friends from school, gymnastics, horse riding, swimming, expat friends and neighbours. Her confidence and social skills have dramatically improved and although she is sometimes no angel at home (well she is seven going on 17) when we take her out she behaves very well. She is always at sleepovers and cracks us up with some of the expressions she comes out with and seems very popular with her classmates. She now sports an Aussie accent which sounds very funny.

My Mum is coming over for 6 weeks in September and Warrens Mum and Dad in December. They have never been over here for Christmas, so it will be lovely to take them out to the open air carols by candle light and show them all the houses decorated with lights (they have competitions). In between them all coming we are looking to go away for a week to the Gold Coast, as we have friends over there with a hotel next to Sea World and Warren will have clocked up some air miles by then. Next year we are looking to go ski-ing in Melbourne and maybe a trip over to Asia. To be honest there is no point us going on a beach holiday as we have at least 10 beaches here within a 20 min drive. Sometimes, although everyday life gets in the way, living here is like being on holiday.

Would you believe it? it’s raining today (for the first time in about 2 months) so we are off to the Ideal Home Show at the new Exhibition Centre, much to Imogen’s disgust. It’s coming into Autumn, but it still averages 32 degrees. Tomorrow Warren is off to watch Drag racing which is awesome (he videoed it for me) but far too loud for my delicate ear drums. On Monday which is Bank Holiday we are off to Fremantle for the day which is Port with fantastic seafood restaurants and amazing fruit, spice and craft markets. Last week we went to Perth Zoo which is really great day out and unbelievably clean for a zoo. We have also been to the Perth Mint which was very interesting and we watched a gold pour. In the coming months we are off to the Circus, Horse trekking up North in the Hills at Yanchep National Park and many, many days out at Kings Park.

Then a bit of blah blah blah ....... lots of love and all that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing this made me realise just how far we had come in several ways.

So what if we see it through rosies, they are our rosies and we aint asking anyone else to wear them.

Finally, yep, phewie I am going now. The roof should have started today but hasn't. I text the builder and told him to rub his lamp a bit harder and maybe the roof genie would appear! Didn't realise how rude it sounded until I told Warren, no wonder I haven't heard anything as yet !!!

Toodle pip

Jill
Had a great night tonight hun lol really made me realise how much i bloody miss you.

Your a bloody lunatic.

I will get onto our tarot evening asap and try to organise something.

Chris has arranged another cosmetic party the weekend after your April break.

Its a Friday so not quite the weekend lol.

Maybe I can buy some toe polish for Smudge

I think the girls are trying to arrange an evening meet next week Thurs in Northbridge for a meal at tea time, wont be able to make it im afraid

So looking forward to seeing you all again very very soon I promise lol.

Missed Jenny and Mairi tonight so hope to see them soon would also be great to catch up with our Jo.

Off to bed now doll

Catch you soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:41 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maggy
Had a great night tonight hun lol really made me realise how much i bloody miss you.

Your a bloody lunatic.

I will get onto our tarot evening asap and try to organise something.

Chris has arranged another cosmetic party the weekend after your April break.

Its a Friday so not quite the weekend lol.

Maybe I can buy some toe polish for Smudge

I think the girls are trying to arrange an evening meet next week Thurs in Northbridge for a meal at tea time, wont be able to make it im afraid

So looking forward to seeing you all again very very soon I promise lol.

Missed Jenny and Mairi tonight so hope to see them soon would also be great to catch up with our Jo.

Off to bed now doll

Catch you soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it not you who is also an avid fan of the holy Jack Daniels?????????????
Bummer you wont be there Thurs, I'd love to have met you.

Hopefully meet some of the resy of you Perth Ladies
Kala
Old Mar 12th 2005, 12:13 am
maggy

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Is it not you who is also an avid fan of the holy Jack Daniels?????????????
Bummer you wont be there Thurs, I'd love to have met you.

Hopefully meet some of the resy of you Perth Ladies
Kala
Thats me doll lol

An alki and proud hahahahahahahah.

Hopefully will get to meet you next time you are back in Perth.

Have a fab night out

xxx

Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:59 am
Go Banana's !!

Sunday March 13th

Just wanted to agree with the thread on 'Quality of Life'.

We have much more free time at the weekends together (mainly due to the fact that I don't work, so we are not spending Saturday doing the food shop and I am not spending Sunday doing housework!).

Additionally to that we have much more of a choice of what to do at the weekend, alot to do with the fact that you know that the weather is going to be nice. Last weekend as I reported Imogen and Warren had a fantastic time in Yanchep Pony Trecking, the smiles on her face are evidence enough of how much she enjoyed it (I was ill !!) We will go back in the next few weeks because the caves are supposed to be fab.

I have to say it and I will probably get stick for it, but I am sick to the back teeth of people going on about how isolated Perth is. Isolated is deep in the Peruvian jungle, where your destination takes you a week on foot to get to.
There is loads to see and do and I know we have only scratched the surface. In fact we are off on a long weekend to Margaret river in a few weeks and have lots of small trips away planned and a longer holiday towards the end of the year, when the house is finished. We are, inf act, having trouble choosing which to do first as we don't want to miss anything. Although Warren has just informed me that we have missed a hot air balloon festival which I would have loved to have gone to

Again it's down to how you view the world, if you dwell on it then you will blow it out of proportion. Perth may be the furthest from any other Captial City, but so what? It doesn't mean there isn't anything in between if you look for it. Quite frankly I have always had the opinion that if you are bored the problem lies with you, not always the place. If this upsets some people then it is only my opinion. Now to flip this on it's head I have totally changed the way I see the UK too. I have to come here to learn this so would never have any regrets, but I for one would have explored the UK far more had I made the effort and had the weather been better and had petrol been cheaper to do so and had admission charges for stuff been cheaper (only joking about that bit). Emigrating has just made me want to see more of everything before I die.

We have been able to just nip down the beach with Smudge today and Smudge for one has had such a good time. It's the stuff Imogen dreamt of, being able to run along the beach with her dog, a very simple pleasure that costs nothing, apart from the initial eye watering purchase price of the rat !!She has an infinitely better social life here, as I have time for her to have friends over and to be able to look after the dog. This makes me a happier person as I don't feel guilty that I don't have the time. Her hobbies take up alot of her time which I am hoping means that she won't start dating until she is at least 25 !!

We just have more time to do nice stuff and yet I have never been busier but in a different way, I dictate it, it doesn't dictate me. I can't begin to explain how good that feels or really explain what it means to us as a family. I just know hand on heart that our life feels better than it was in the UK and for now that is all we need.

BTW the reason I came on here to do an update was to let you guys now that Smudge is off for a Pooch Pamper on Tuesday. He's having his fur clipped, his nails trimmed a posh wash and condition and they will be digging the potatoes out of his ears (yuck- too much info). Can't wait to pick him up. He's very spoilt he's just had T-bone staek for tea.

Bye peeps

Jill

Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:18 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

The banana bunch Household

Other half wishes to know if you would adopt him, as he is sitting pondering the last time he had a T-Bone steak (it is hurting his brain poor lamb). He seems quite willing to share smudges accommodation etc, is extremely tidy (to a fault) and is very good with children. I would rather you said no as we need him to further our visa ambitions.

Cheers Halflinggirl
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:57 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
The banana bunch Household

Other half wishes to know if you would adopt him, as he is sitting pondering the last time he had a T-Bone steak (it is hurting his brain poor lamb). He seems quite willing to share smudges accommodation etc, is extremely tidy (to a fault) and is very good with children. I would rather you said no as we need him to further our visa ambitions.

Cheers Halflinggirl
LOL

Good luck

Jill

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:00 am
Go Banana's !!

16th March

Monday put me in mind of the early days when I was here and having a few disasters along the way, which makes the best reading - well here's one for you (was too tired to post on Monday)

The day started really well as I had finally found a really REALLY good furniture shop and ordered some stuff for the house.

I'm planning on doing a list for everyone on which places I have been impressed by and the service I have been given, but I will wait 'til I actually have the goods incase they don't come up to scratch. Believe me I do my homework and the furniture shop I settled on was easily the 10th I had been too. It's small family run one, all WA made and most importantly the smaller outfits tend to give the best deals, as they are not controlled by a head office. Every item I intend to purchase I always get at least 3 quotes and it sure gets the price down. Anyway back on topic....................

I got home very chipper, as it mean't I could then consentrate on the other million things we need.

I let our darling little Smudge out for his business and started to cook my lunch (bacon butties). The delicious aroma of frying bacon filled the air and Smudge dashed in for a bit of the action (I always fry him a bit extra). The aroma surrounding me however developed a disturbing quality and as I looked down I discovered to my horror that Smudge still had his 'business' attached to him - ewwweeeeewwwwweeeeieeee........ He then sat at my feet and proceeded to decorate the floor with o-so pleasant modern art.

I didn't know what to do first as his business was well and truely matted to his fur. I got some kitchen towel and wipped up as much as I could, but on bending down infront of the hob I set alight to my fringe :scared: I managed to put my fringe out under the tap and catch the dog who was yelping wildly at the sight of his master on fire.

All I could do was plonk him in the bath and cut the offending item out of his fur, it was re-flippin-voulting I can tell you.

All of a sudden the smoke alarm screached into action and the dog lept out of the bath, not entirely clean. I had left the bacon on and it was now black strips of leather in the bottom of the pan. I wanted to cry I was so hungry.

I retrieved the mut, put him back in the bath, trimmed his bum and then bleached the entire house.

Phew all was well and I ended up with a cookie for lunch as I had to dash off to pick littlen up from school. But that wasn't the end of it, somehow the lock on the flyscreen got jamed and we had to get Warren's cousin round and it took nearly 2 hours to fix. Warren and I finally sat down to eat at about 10pm - with a beer.

See living in Oz does not exclude you from 'one of those days ' sort of day.

Tuesday Smudge had his beauty day, which he needed. He had a very short clipping, all his bits and bobs cleaned and they even put aftershave on him. He looks like a different dog, well cute and smelling a damn sight nicer than he did the previous day.

Just thought I would share this with you all to remind you of the lunatic days when I first got here. I have just read back at page 34 'Siren's Wedding' - now that was a day to remember.

Littlen' is fine and so is hubby. Looking forward to a day at the circus on Saturday and I have the dubious pleasure of taking Imogen to the Horse Show at Ascot as Warren maybe diving with Mr Swift. Think I have the raw end of the deal somehow !!

Need to go now and cook tea.

Tatty bye

Jill

Last edited by Go Banana's !!; Mar 16th 2005 at 8:02 am.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:03 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

That one's a real comedy of errors!

Hope you're having a better day today!

Binbird
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:13 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

So did you get 2 for the price of one at the groomers, the dog and your fringe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.