Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:12 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Wonderful news for you, Warren!!
Glad to hear that things are moving along at a quicker pace now.

Good luck!!

Siren
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Good one Warren! Good luck!!

Btw, how's the organising for the scubadiving coming along? When will you be starting that??

Christina, are you still doing it?
Was meaning to call you to tell you I won't be, but I did guess you'd read my post on here, or heard from Warren?
Speak to you tonight anyway?
Are you driving yourself? If so, come to my house first, we're meeting up there at 7.45...
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hey Warren
Thats fantastic.

Keeping everything crossed for you.
Good luck Bruv.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:41 am
Go Banana's !!

17th Nov - further update.

Phewee, another hectic day.

I was sat at a book party (mmm...really getting into the Oz housewife scene )this morning when the call came through about Warren's job interview. Yet another squealing session began, peppered with whoops of delight.....ching.....ching.....ching......$$$$$$$ $$$$ swam before my eyes. Seriously guys I was really pleased for Warren as it looks very promising, judging by the telephone conversation Warren had with the company. Anyway, be sure there will be an update soon after the interview on Friday

Apart from this we have been contacted by Crown who wanted to deliver our furniture Friday :scared: bad timing or what? However this job was best left in the hands of the female of the species, as I have got to know the girl at Crown rather well. I took command of the situation and agreed with her that we would go down to Freo and sort throught the stuff with her and tick it off, what is going in storage and what is coming out now. They have been top banana (ha!) and we are revising the original list. You see, you have to pay per cubic metre for storage, so the more we can cram in the rental the better. we now know what space we are dealing with, so it makes sense to sort through the boxes one by one.

Mrs Anal Retentive here, thinks this is the best idea, as since getting here I realised that some stuff that we were going to put in storage, would actually be quite handy now, like 'picnic stuff' deeerrrr........... They are letting us go through each box one by one, with some guys to help. It shouldn't be as scary as it sounds 'cos most of the stuff that we want is the large bits of furniture (dual purpose cut down on storage costs and so I can match up paint colours for the knew house- see I'm not as daft as I look!)

On top of this today we have done some 'speed shopping' (just realised how that reads NO not shopping for speed, shopping very quickly, which suits Warren just fine) Anyway it's all done now for the UK clan. So after going to cousins after school to wish her daughter happy 1st Birthday, we legged it home, I wrapped the parcels up, while Warren cooked tea, fed the dog, did Imogen's homework with her and I've no found a spare few mins for the update.

Now the last thing that has been going on is education thing again. Please, please, please just go with us on this one. My head is full, absolutely stuffed with everyone's very well meaning advice. The mere fact that my head is so full is a indication that I have taken on board everything EVERYONE has said to me on the subject. As with coming out here in the first place, I am not going into all the reasons, as they are personal to us, we know our daughter, but it just feels the right thing to do both in out hearts and our heads.

Warren and I went round the junior school yesterday, spent a long time with the Principal and the Head of the Junior Department, who just pushed all the right buttons and fully understood our case. Suprisingly Warren is the very much in favour of the move, as, had he said no, I would have gone along with it. I honestly wouldn't do anything that Warren wasn't financially comfortable with (shoes are just small change!!).

Imogen, so far is very much up for it as we have gone through the whole process keeping her informed and asking her what she wants. She is spending the whole day there on Monday. She is actually very excited, not phased in the slightest and I'm very proud of her. If she comes home on Monday and she has not liked it, then of course we wouldn't send her.

Some of you reading this will not agree with what we are proposing, but please be assured that we only have her very best interests at heart and whatever we decide, that descision will have not been arrived at lightly.

But tonight I am going to switch my brain off and am looking forward to a chick flick, with the best friends a girl could have this side of Australia.

Bye peeps

Jill

Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:32 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm now Claremont shops are on the way to Cott... so all Jill has to do is drop of Imogen shop all day at Claremont then pick her up..... Better start looking for 2 jobs Warren!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:01 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
Hmm now Claremont shops are on the way to Cott... so all Jill has to do is drop of Imogen shop all day at Claremont then pick her up..... Better start looking for 2 jobs Warren!!
Funnily or not so funnily if you are my wallet, she is doing the very thing on Monday !! :scared:

Warren

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:37 pm
Go Banana's !!

17th Nov - late update

Damn, damn and double damn, can't think of anything remotely witty to say, just glad I have provided you two with something to take the piss out of

You wouldn't have me any other way Warren darling? you know I'm worth it

You're so lucky I am in a good mood tonight Bridget Jones, Edge of Reason, was a real laugh, made even better by the fact that I had 8 'ladies?' all cackling with me.

Anyone else going to see it, look out for the blonde twin girls running in the snow in red coats, at the end, they are Warren's sisters girls!!!! (do alot of stage work like 'Chitty' with Michael Ball etc.....) Lovely to see them.

Nails and coffee tomorrow - hard life

Anyway night all

Jill

Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:53 am
Go Banana's !!

18th NOv

Hi guys. Another great day. Coffee was at Madame Sins (Swifts) and it was lovely to have a newbie there, welcome to Laura. Thankyou to Madame for her hospitality.

Just a quicky, bit cheeky really, but can we please have some Karma for Warren's interview tomorrow.

Thanks

Jill

PS will do a bigger update the morrow, right now I have a very cross hungry husband, as I have been browsing for an hour, with words of wisdom and he needs to keep his strength up for tomorrow.

Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:09 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Go Banana's !!]Just a quicky, bit cheeky really, but can we please have some Karma for Warren's interview tomorrow.[QUOTE]

Well, I tried but it told me "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Go Banana's !! again."

Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Just a quicky, bit cheeky really, but can we please have some Karma for Warren's interview tomorrow.
Heading your way. As a note to the masters - put a box for karma in the reply section. I forget until replying and then have to go back to main page then to the message I want to karma - am I wittering?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:17 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

18th NOv

Hi guys. Another great day. Coffee was at Madame Sins (Swifts) and it was lovely to have a newbie there, welcome to Laura. Thankyou to Madame for her hospitality.

Thanks

Jill

PS will do a bigger update the morrow, right now I have a very cross hungry husband, as I have been browsing for an hour, with words of wisdom and he needs to keep his strength up for tomorrow.

sent you some - love the diaries - good luck with interview

Sel x
Old Nov 20th 2004, 3:03 am
Go Banana's !!

Result of the interview Sat 20th Nov

Well, I've got to wait until next Friday to hear the outcome, but basically the chap interviewing (The Factory Manager) said I was more qualified than he and his boss was and that the only position he had available at that stage was a shift supervisor position 3 roles below him.

He said I could obviously do the job standing on my head but he was concerned that I would only be there a few months before something better came along.

The hours would be 4 x 12hrs shifts a week (2 days and 2 nights) rotating on a continental type system which would include weekends.

So basically, the interview went well but as I have been in his shoes I would be cautious about giving me the job !

Would I take it if I got it ? Probably as it at least gets some money into the house and starts to get me that WA experience.

In the meantime I continue to search.............

Thanks to all those who sent me Karma and good luck.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:54 am
Go Banana's !!

21st Nov

Halla flamin' loooya !! I have finished the ironing, I have an empty ironing basket, I feel like I have just ironed for the whole of WA. Admittedly I have been putting it off and some of it has been in the basket since before Warren got here, sort of got a bit side tracked

This cold/cough is still lingering and some days I feel ok and then yesterday and today I feel yuck. It didn't stop me going out last night, but I did feel very wobbly when we stood up to leave the restaurant. I was driving so no, it wasn't due to drink.

Simone and Pascal are heros!!!!! It was thanks to them 'The Swifts' and 'The Banana's' had such a great night. Get this!, they even delivered our darling little cherubs back to us, which mean't a lay in, absolute bliss, thankyou so much guys. Think they had a baptism of fire though, as Imogen and Oliver got up at 5:30am classic!

Now I'm not going to apologise for this next bit. All four of us sat there last night at 'The Oyster Bar' South Perth, with a breath taking view over the river of the Perth night sky line and thanked the good Lord we live in such a spectacular location.

For a moment, just suspend the trolls, the doubt, the worry and all you guys waiting just hold on tight to your dreams and it WILL happen. For a moment leave behind all the negative stuff that your hear about Oz, pick it back up again tomorrow. Let your minds drift to sitting on a warm evening (yeh I know it gets damn hot, but sod that for tonight) and imagine yourself sat with good friends, eating good food, in a beautiful location and that soon can be you.

I'm not trivialising all the traumas that some of you are going through, I just want to help you remember why you are doing this and if you hang on in there it will happen. It's hard work, it won't come easy, you have to talk to strangers to make friends, but I wish that everyone of you was sat here now, feeling like I do, I truely do. OOOps lump in throat time.

Warren starts his PADI diving course tomorrow, which is one of his dreams and when he is qualified he will be going out on his cousins boat to "Learn to dive properly" as his cuz put it. Should be interesting what delights I get to cook!!!!

Imogen has her 'trial' day at a school tomorrow, which she is unbelievable excited about - no more said on that one, just, we shall see.

While she is at school, I'm having my hair done and a free pedicure thrown in, then an certain Madame Sin is meeting me for lunch on the beach.

Tuesday we are sorting through our stuff in Welshpool, Wednesday it's being delivered, Thursday is coffee day and Friday - ooo haven't planned that one yet, but I'm sure something will crop up. Oh yeh, need to get the car serviced, but oh great, they do that at your house at no extra charge, how cool is that?

Warren is playing golf tomorrow, he deserves it guys, I've run him ragged and inbetween this he is avidly looking for jobs, keep your fingers crossed guys, a girl can never have too many shoes (JOKE ok, I just want him to be happy in whatever he does and not have a 5 hour journey on a Friday night, just to get home)

Had a lovely family day today and made friends with even more Aussies, it's not all Poms you know!! and generally had great day, then had a dip in the pool when we got back, before I got stuck into the ironing............

Better go now, Warren is cooking :scared: a curry, so I'd better check the kitchen still resembles one.

Love ya and leave ya - hang on in there

Jill

Old Nov 21st 2004, 2:31 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Simone and Pascal are heros!!!!! It was thanks to them 'The Swifts' and 'The Banana's' had such a great night. Get this!, they even delivered our darling little cherubs back to us, which mean't a lay in, absolute bliss, thankyou so much guys. Think they had a baptism of fire though, as Imogen and Oliver got up at 5:30am classic!

Jill
he he! No worries!
It was fun! I managed to stay in bed till about 8, though listening to them, to see if they didn't go outside or anything.
Then just as I was about to get up, they came knocking on the door, cos they were hungry! Ahhhh, poor things!!

Have fun tomorrow, good luck to Imogen, and to Warren for tomorrow night!

Btw, had a nice day today, despite the heat (btw, tomorrow is going to be 37!! :scared: ). Did a aboriginal 'tour' and a tour of Crystal Cave.
Yanchep National Park, just north of Perth, for all people reading this who haven't got a clue what I am on about...!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

21st Nov

Now I'm not going to apologise for this next bit. All four of us sat there last night at 'The Oyster Bar' South Perth, with a breath taking view over the river of the Perth night sky line and thanked the good Lord we live in such a spectacular location.

For a moment, just suspend the trolls, the doubt, the worry and all you guys waiting just hold on tight to your dreams and it WILL happen. For a moment leave behind all the negative stuff that your hear about Oz, pick it back up again tomorrow. Let your minds drift to sitting on a warm evening (yeh I know it gets damn hot, but sod that for tonight) and imagine yourself sat with good friends, eating good food, in a beautiful location and that soon can be you.

Jill
will second that and thank Simone & Pascal for their fabulous offer of babysitting and delivering them back was even better, you are stars

Also the part about "we live ere" (even G said it today!!), have had that fab feeling again today as we enjoyed a free concert in the park with friends next to our house in a glorious evening, makes everything getting here etc worth while.....

So onwards and upwards, browsing - not shopping - tomorrow with Jill, guys starting their PADI in evening and xmas approaching hot on our tails, am feeling pretty chuffed with life (plus I get a nose at Imogen's new school, can't wait!!)

Teresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.