Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:03 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

This thread has been brilliant - we hope to be in Perth next year. I feel terribly envious of all of you who have already made the trip. Jills insights have made it all seem so real Good luck to all of you who have begun the next chapter, we hope to be turning the page v. soon
Gillian x
Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:08 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by sme
This thread has been brilliant - we hope to be in Perth next year. I feel terribly envious of all of you who have already made the trip. Jills insights have made it all seem so real Good luck to all of you who have begun the next chapter, we hope to be turning the page v. soon
Gillian x

Look forward to seeing you on the other side.

Good luck with your application.

Best wishes

Warren
(Stuck in babysitting whislt the girlies go out !!)

Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:10 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by sme
Gillian x

Best wishes

Warren

Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:10 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by sme
Gillian x

Best wishes

Warren

Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

Best wishes

Warren

Warren

We've read it now ok
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:21 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the many wishes of luck Sometimes I feel we need it all. Looking foward to girlie nights out/in/wherever in Perth !!!!!!!
Gillian
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:25 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Warren

We've read it now ok

Sorry guys, not sure what happened there !

Can't sleep, got a stinking cold so might as well stay on here and see what happens........

Warren

Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:28 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Where abouts in Herts are you, Moneypen20 as we are there too.
Gillian
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:29 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by sme
Thanks for the many wishes of luck Sometimes I feel we need it all. Looking foward to girlie nights out/in/wherever in Perth !!!!!!!
Gillian
You'll need to speak to the Boss about that ! I'm just the babysitter !

Warren

Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Where abouts in Herts are you, Moneypen20 as we are there too.
Gillian

Hya Gillian, born, bred and bored in Harpenden. Give me another nine months and I should be in Queensland whoo hoo. What about you?
Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:21 am
Go Banana's !!

6th Nov - long overdue update.

As you can probably see from a certain other post, had a fab night out with the girlis last night, even though I have awoke this morn with a very sore throat and lost my voice - horaah Warren shouts. However Perth needs a much classier joint and I have ideas bursting out of my head Auditions start next week

We send out a special invite to 'Brian' and insist he wears his red speedo's. :scared:

Anybody who wants to join our judging panel, bit like Pop Idol (Sex Idol), sign here. Do ya think Chanel 4 would be interested in filming the setting up of the BEST club in Perth??.

Back to more mundane things. Warren and I haven't been in the best of health this week and spent most of our days and nights with very annoying coughs, so we haven't done a great deal. Next week is when things will be getting hectic as Warren has a couple of job interviews and I some major retailing to do, which is far more important.

It hasn't all been doom and gloom. Warren and I went to look at a very, very, very nice private school for Imogen (nameless at this stage). The grand plan was to send her there at senior level, but...........they have places now, which is most unusual and has sent me into a spin.

They are increasing the school size and are doubling the amount of classes, so have spaces. As you will know from these pages 'education' is one of the only things I do get really strung out about. No judgements here please, that's just how it is. Each to their own. The major things that struck both Warren and I, which bowled us over, was the behaviour of the girls, the lack of snootiness and the fact that they seemed to be having so much fun. The teachers were delightful and so enthusiastic. Made me want to go back to school and that's a first. Made the private school Imogen went to in the UK look like Butlins.

I was shocked how much Warren enthused about the place too, takes alot to get him to show his emotions, I can tell you! As ever will keep you posted, you wouldn't blame me if you saw the place, the facilities, the grounds and then outdoor pool were just a fraction of what we loved about the place.

One thing is foremost in my mind and please don't think I'm an awful Mother, but because of moves etc if Imogen moved to this school it would be her 4th school and she is only 7. My concern is how that will effect her and it isn't something I will ignor. I will , as ever, speak to everyone who is an authority on the subject and involve the school therapists. She's never had a problem settling in anywhere, but so soon, this just might be one move too much. I sort of broached the subject with her, without giving to much away and she just shrugged her shoulders and said "Doesn't bother me, whatever" Which suprised me, however, she could say something different tomorrow, I'll let you know.

I can't stress enough, we do really only have her best interests at heart, love her dearly and just want her to be in a school which brings out in her what are her strengths, what she loves doing and what SHE is good at, NOT what the school wants to mold her into, which is a danger. Better shut up now as I have brain freeze.

Warren had a lovely day in the Swan Valley on Thursday, while I was at my coffee morning. He went around a winery, had a lovely lunch and picked up loads of great stuff to see and do, when we get the time!.

Friday he came with me to say godbye to Maggy's daughter and meet Maggy for the first time. That was the one and only time he will ever, ever EVER be allowed to eat chocolate cake with the girls. He's fell under Siren's spell and finds her mind facinating............Invader Zim..............

I will say a little prayer every night for Maggy's daughter to come back safe and well, she's a lovely girl and we all want her to live out here. If she doesn't, I'll be the first on that plane (followed by the Troops) , dragging her over, but I have a feeling it will never come to that.

The girls (Siren actually) has had a great idea!! that the next Expat day out should be on a boat, so I am investigating cost etc. We thought if we hired a boat for the day and took it out, with a campagne lunch, what a great time we would have and how many great pics we would have, which would make all you hopefuls out there want to come even more!!!

Having a lazy day today, after last nights antics, need a rest. Going to get my nails done as we have a wedding to go to tomorrow. I love weddings.

Cousins little boy is quite poorly, he's got pneuomia! and he's pageboy (3 yrs) bless him, we've all be quite worried about him. His Mum the groom's sister, is hoping he will be well enough, but if he's not I've offered to look after him, so she at least can go to her brothers wedding. You see, you can come all this way, but families still have their ups and downs, just life really.

Got my first tupperware party on Monday !!! I actually need some stuff so am happy to go.

Well that's all for now folks

I'm sure another trauma is just around the corner, disaster has a habit of sniffing me out (oo errr)

Jill

Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill

Just wanted to say quickly.
When I was 5, moved to Oz.
6 weeks in preschool in migrant hostel.
6 months in preschool in Maida Vale.
4 months doing year 1 in a campervan going around Oz.
When back, moved to Kalamunda, and finished year 1 there, then did year 2 and 3.
Moved up north, did year 4 at one place.
Part of year 5 at another.
End of year 5 moved down to Bridgetown. Did year 6+7 there.
Went to Highschool for year 8 and half year 9.
Moved back to Holland.

I'm fine! (aren't I? )
And so is my brother!
I always liked moving schools. Ok, was probably a bit sad each time, but nothing major. I thought it was exciting!
My brother didn't like it as much(was more nervous going into a new school), but he was ok too.

Ok, you wouldn't do this just for fun, and all children are different, but I think most are fine. And the younger the better.
When we were about 14 my dad thought is was about time we just stayed put!

ok, really have to go now!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:13 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Simone
Hi Jill

Just wanted to say quickly.
When I was 5, moved to Oz.
6 weeks in preschool in migrant hostel.
6 months in preschool in Maida Vale.
4 months doing year 1 in a campervan going around Oz.
When back, moved to Kalamunda, and finished year 1 there, then did year 2 and 3.
Moved up north, did year 4 at one place.
Part of year 5 at another.
End of year 5 moved down to Bridgetown. Did year 6+7 there.
Went to Highschool for year 8 and half year 9.
Moved back to Holland.

I'm fine! (aren't I? )
And so is my brother!
I always liked moving schools. Ok, was probably a bit sad each time, but nothing major. I thought it was exciting!
My brother didn't like it as much(was more nervous going into a new school), but he was ok too.

Ok, you wouldn't do this just for fun, and all children are different, but I think most are fine. And the younger the better.
When we were about 14 my dad thought is was about time we just stayed put!

ok, really have to go now!
Thanks for this Simone

Jill

Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:44 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like it is time to get the back crack and sack waxed
Old Nov 7th 2004, 12:55 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
<snip>

Anybody who wants to join our judging panel, bit like Pop Idol (Sex Idol), sign here.<snip>
oooh oooh oooh - me me me !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.