Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

my sentiments exactly Jill, fab day, fab friends, who could ask for more and the "missing piece has landed" !! bit disappointed with my pics, too far away so nothing to post, maybe Simone's are better....no actually maybe not, too close up!! .............am currently emailing the script to hollywood, lol, Diane Keaton, Penelope Cruz, Cheryl Ladd, Drew Barrymore and Emma Sams, you have some work ahead of you guys!!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Swifts
my sentiments exactly Jill, fab day, fab friends, who could ask for more and the "missing piece has landed" !! bit disappointed with my pics, too far away so nothing to post, maybe Simone's are better....no actually maybe not, too close up!! .............am currently emailing the script to hollywood, lol, Diane Keaton, Penelope Cruz, Cheryl Ladd, Drew Barrymore and Emma Sams, you have some work ahead of you guys!!!!!! :-D :-D ;-)
here here. Great day, again!
So, who's this Cheryl Lass and Emma Sams? Could look it up, but to lazy, and off to watch 'Bend it like Beckam' soon.

Here's some reasonable pics(ok, some.... I couldn't choose!):
All different angles

Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:33 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Real bbq ;-) I remembered lots of things today.... except the plates Thanks Mr and Mrs Siren!

Some girl trying to get ball out of tree, lol
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

ok a couple of pics from our fab day, the guys had a blast playing footie and thought we nearly lost a few.....and balls......in the heat.....
Sorry but the Man, the Myth, the Legend..........(drum roll.......) Warren....... is not prominant in the pics but all good things are worth waiting for ..........cue Simone with the pics!!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.-dsc01409.jpg   The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.-dsc01411.jpg  
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:35 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Some action shots!!

ok, of to watch movie.
Seeya's Friday!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:36 am
Go Banana's !!

Well I have finally a) come up for air, b) sobbered up a little , c) been let on the computer and d) actually got 5 mins spare.

I can see why it all goes quiet when newbies get here as it just never stops.

As Jill as put in a much better way than I can ever can, I have had the most wonderful day, with the friends I had never met until today !

This was what it was all about, quality time with the family and a great bunch of people (even though we need to work on Pascals footie skills ! )

Jill tried to keep the meet a surprise, however, I guesed the day before and didn't want to let on. It was most amusing, as she was driving round trying to look like she was lost (which isn't difficult). I said "if you are looking for Teresa she's over there" - I recognised her and their car from the photo section on here.

As you will no doubt have Trick or treat in the UK tonight when we will all be asleep, I thought I would share my experience as Wazzie put his foot in it, either that or made us the most popular house in the street.

Well, the doorbell rings and I hear the usual Trick or Treat call. S**t, I had forgotten it was T & T and only had some dollar coins. So I gave the first group a dollar and took a lolly out of his bag. He gave me a very strange look but went on his way. The next one knocked and the same exercise was repeated. It was only when I got the second strange look that I thought I would ring my cousin to see if I was doing it right over here. She p***ed herself laughing and informed me that I was supposed to give them a lolly and not take one !!!!!!! Stealing candy from kids is just the beginning :scared:

So, thanks again to all my new friends, may there be many more days like this to come.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Well, the doorbell rings and I hear the usual Trick or Treat call. S**t, I had forgotten it was T & T and only had some dollar coins. So I gave the first group a dollar and took a lolly out of his bag. He gave me a very strange look but went on his way. The next one knocked and the same exercise was repeated. It was only when I got the second strange look that I thought I would ring my cousin to see if I was doing it right over here. She p***ed herself laughing and informed me that I was supposed to give them a lolly and not take one !!!!!!! Stealing candy from kids is just the beginning :scared:

So, thanks again to all my new friends, may there be many more days like this to come.

Best wishes

Warren
Was great meeting you at last
I was reading the bit about taking the lollies, and thought: how wierd, hmmm, must've changed or I've got a bad memory! It was about COLLECTING lollies!
Ok, that explains why it's called trick or treat though!

Good timing on the photo's hey Theresa (I keep forgetting if it's with or without a 'h'. I knew once, but have forgotten again. Silly me )
Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good timing on the photo's hey Theresa (I keep forgetting if it's with or without a 'h'. I knew once, but have forgotten again. Silly me )[/QUOTE]

Simone, you've offered to babysit so you can call me what you like....its without the "h" but I'm not bothered, you call me what you like !!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:13 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Swifts

Simone, you've offered to babysit so you can call me what you like....its without the "h" but I'm not bothered, you call me what you like !!!!!!
lol. Yes, offer still stands, now just gotta find the time
Can't next week, week after is the blues down south.
Hopefully week after, and you'll have to decide fri or sat. We'll have to see closer to the date.
Maybe Imogen too. Unfortunetly can't have all the kids (sirens) at once, cos won't fit!

ok, back to the movie now(stupid ads every 2 secs!!!)
Old Oct 31st 2004, 3:21 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

I am glad to hear that you have settled in.
I hope that things go well for you and yours and i hope that when i move out there in 33 days things go half as well for me as they have for you then i will be chuffed.
Take care
Simon
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:09 am
Go Banana's !!

Ist November

We've had a fun day NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Banana (MR) has gone and lost his bloody passport. The most organised man I know!!!

We only realised this today when we went to upgrade my phone. We have spent the day re-tracing with no joy. I now have the house upside down and I'm still supposed to be looking for it now - yeh right

It was allegedly last seen in my handbag, so you can imagine, that because I am the extra element placed between Warren and organisation, I'm getting the evil eye. Says he doesn't blame me and loves me dearly, but I know what the guy is thinking.

Then to add to that, think I am coming down with a cold as I feel lousy. Either that, or I am allergic to Warren !!!!

Better go now and at least look as if I am looking

Keep you posted

Jill

BTW Telsra's computer system sucks!!! (can't be arsed going through the whole saga, but at present I DO NOT have my super duper upgrade)

Oh - but the sun is shining........................

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:28 am
Go Banana's !!

3rd Nov

Phew ! survived the pre-start meeting - 5 hours later we emerged!!!! A few pleasant suprises and only one minor nasty one - to do with roof tiles, pay disputes and hiked up prices.

Word of warning, make sure you do as much as is humanly possible BEFORE the pre-start, you don't want to be choosing stuff out of brochures, you need to feel it All my hard work had paid off and saved us time, would you believe, one couple we were told about today have had 4 pre-start meetings all at 5 hours each !!!!!!! It has also saved that "will it look ok?" feeling, as I have checked and double checked - Mr B was very relieved he hadn't had to do much, 'part from pay We have exactly what we wanted, which is achievable, if you put in the leg work and get at least 3 quotes for everything.

However both Mr B and myself have nasty coughs and feel pretty crap. I also have a kidney infection and I won't elabourate how that started Doctor was lovely and found it all rather funny. You don't register with a doc, you just make an appointment. I rang at 9am and was in with the doc at noon!!! It was $40, we got $27 back from Medicare and the prescription was $15, just incase anyone wanted to know.

Imogen is away tonight and we are spending the night doing paperwork and ironing - geeze, who ever said we would be in holiday mode for a while needs shooting.

The missing pasport never turned up so we are going through that fun and games aswell.

Finally have my new phone which is superdy dooper and I have been playing with it taking pics of Smudge and saving it as my wallpaper - sad or what?

Food shopping is settling down a bit and I have got to grips with where to go for what.

Need a laugh with the girls tomorrow and sooooooooooo looking forward to Friday. Just feel very drained. Doesn't really matter that we are in Oz, you still have to get on with life. Maybe one day we might get to do the things we came out for!!!!! Roll on the weekend...............

Sorry this is a bit boring, just wanted to let you know we haven't killed each other yet, come close when it comes to comments 'bout my driving.

See ya
Jill

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

[Simon - Cotswolds to Perth !!!
Us too.
Where in Cotswolds ????

We are Evenlode do you know it ? / When are you off ?

Sorry - Go Bananas, should'nt interupt your thread .- never seen Simon before though.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 10:27 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by suecroft
[Simon - Cotswolds to Perth !!!
Us too.
Where in Cotswolds ????

We are Evenlode do you know it ? / When are you off ?

Sorry - Go Bananas, should'nt interupt your thread .- never seen Simon before though.
LOL...
You are just down the road from me!
I Live in Chipping Campden
I am off on the 2nd Dec if all goes well with the pub sale!
When are you off?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:44 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Glad to see you are all back together!!!!
We hope to be their soon just have to sell the house
Keep up the posts they are brilliant..

Pauline and John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.