Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
29th Oct

The banana has landed.

Airports are strange places, great for people watching. Imogen and I stood as we waited for Warren, watching everyone geeting friends, loved ones etc, with tears and laughter. We watched as people stood nervously waiting, anticipation clearly visible on thier faces. Imogen and I were so excited we played a game of guessing what the people waiting did for a living and where they where off to..............

As he walked through into arrivals, I didn't get a look in Imogen got the first hug!!He had a good flight and didn't look too trashed.

The dog got far too excited when he saw Warren and promply piddled everywhere. Smudge seems to have responded very well to Warrens tactics and is already behaving himself better.

Anyway, this was just a short message to let you know all is well and that the bananas are a bunch once more. Got loads to do, no rest for the wicked................

Jill, Warren, Imogen and Smudge

Perth - all together now.
aaawww Jill & Warren
So glad that you are all back together again.

Wishing you very hapiness for the future.

Debsxx
Old Oct 29th 2004, 7:50 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

I am happy that you are all together again.

Hope that you are having a fantastic time now that summer is more or less here.

We had a massive blue tongue Lizard in the yard yesterday .. (sure sign that summer is on the way!) It had the cheek to stick its nasty blue thing out at me while I was rescuing it from our dingo/shep cross.

If I didn't have the dog It would have been welcome to stay. they are good for the garden ... like they do the job of hedgehogs in the UK.

My goodness ... are you going for the longest thread record?

OK .. if you are ...

Does this help!

Have fun in the sun!

Johnnie
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:02 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

26th Oct

"The world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some" and what TV programme has that as it's signature tune then, answers on a postcard.
I can't put a tune to it but the message sounds like Different Strokes with Gary "What you talkin' 'bout Willis" Coleman.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:19 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by worzel
I can't put a tune to it but the message sounds like Different Strokes with Gary "What you talkin' 'bout Willis" Coleman.

Yep you got it, I can sing it for you if you like

Jill

Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:38 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,
So glad that you bananas are a bunch again. Jill you have done brilliantly on your own but now life gets a whole lot better. Love and hugs to you all.
Sarah
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:33 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

29th Oct

The banana has landed.
Awwwww - I do so love a happy ending !!!!!!

Warren - Welcome to Perth !

Hope to (finally) meet you in next few weeks Chris is like a puppy with two tales that he may finally have a "real" golf partner.

Other than that all I can say is i hope the wheelbarrow held up to the strain

Luv
M
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:09 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Did anyone catch the news story today about the earthquake? They say that the epicentre (umm is thst spelled right?) was about 12,000 miles away?
Somthing about the earth moving!

Hope you are all doing well and i hope that the jet lag aint too bad (not looking forward to that one i can tell ya)
Old Oct 30th 2004, 8:14 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

So guys what I am trying to say is you'll never really know what you can cope with until it is thrown at you and to be honest I've hardly had it tough out here, really. So get all ya ducks in a row, give yourselves a fighting chance, then go for it. If it doesn't work out, you will be richer for the experience - even if it means that you stop taking the UK for granted and appreciate what you have.
Jill

Nail hit exactly on head!

Anyway, this was just a short message to let you know all is well and that the bananas are a bunch once more. Got loads to do, no rest for the wicked................

Absolutely delighted for you all!

Thanks for the diary with all the info, fun & pain

Very best wishes for your future happiness

Graham & Nikki
xx
Old Oct 30th 2004, 8:15 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider
Did anyone catch the news story today about the earthquake? They say that the epicentre (umm is thst spelled right?) was about 12,000 miles away?
Somthing about the earth moving!

Hope you are all doing well and i hope that the jet lag aint too bad (not looking forward to that one i can tell ya)

LOL
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:04 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

29th Oct

The banana has landed.

Airports are strange places, great for people watching. Imogen and I stood as we waited for Warren, watching everyone geeting friends, loved ones etc, with tears and laughter. We watched as people stood nervously waiting, anticipation clearly visible on thier faces. Imogen and I were so excited we played a game of guessing what the people waiting did for a living and where they where off to..............

As he walked through into arrivals, I didn't get a look in Imogen got the first hug!!He had a good flight and didn't look too trashed.

The dog got far too excited when he saw Warren and promply piddled everywhere. Smudge seems to have responded very well to Warrens tactics and is already behaving himself better.

G'day

Glad that you are all together now (a whole bunch) catch up soon

Paul, Helen, Kieran & Connor
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:08 am
Go Banana's !!

31st Oct - Halloween :scared:

Watch this space, will do an update tonight, if I have the energy

Jill

Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:22 am
Go Banana's !!

31st Oct - update

Well just as my husband will have expected, he has hit the ground running - no time for jet lag when you live with moi I'm affraid.

Thursday night I let him settle in for a few hours before I bombared him with all the house details and an nattered him into a coma.

Friday just got busier and busier, I managed to squeeze in a nail appointment while Warren signed up with Medicare and Medibank. As I had already done this, all he had to do was add himself to our policies, job done. We also sorted out a better tarrif for my mobile. We now have the foxtel, home phone and mobile all one one bill with Telstra, which entitles me to a grand total of 175 free sms's - cool. Warren then sorted out the Westnet broadband and I can now blissfully listen to Steve Wright in the Afternoon and Jonny Boy Woss !!! I was exstatic. Then it was onto Imogen's swimming lessons, which was a joy for Warren to see.

Inbetween all this Warren has been a star with the dog, who now thinks I'm Cruella De-vil and adores Warren. He's a different dog!!!. Oh and he's cleaned the pool too, not the dog (he's not that good) Warren!.

Saturday morning we did a food shop and boy did we fill the fridge!!
Had a lovely meal on Saturday night at Trigg Island Cafe, the blackened cajun fish was to die for, was like an angel crying on your tongue........... sometimes I can over do the drama

And today we have had the best day. We have spent the day at Whitman Park with the best set of friends anyone could ever have: Mrs and Mrs Siren, Mr and Mrs Swift, Vegimite Kids and Simone and Pascal and associated children.

Fab friends, fab food, pretty dodgy foot game (with most of it played up a tree - Pascal you need to sort this fixation out that you have with trees ) and fab weather - what else could anyone possibly want.

As one of the above mentioned said "It's the final piece of the jigsaw", while another individual had us girlies filling up.

From the bottom of my heart, you guys ARE THE BEST and thankyou for making Warren feel so welcome . No crying now.......................

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perth here, now and for the forseeable future.

Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:50 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Jill!!

Where have you gone and put Brians willy???? MRS and MRS Siren... last I checked I was into MEN! (or at least one man who passed his "hero" title to Warren - just for today) LOL

It was wonderful to meet you Warren and as I suspected, you fit in perfectly in our ragtag group! We had a great time too and of course, looking forward to the next!

Lots of love,

MR and Mrs Siren
(aka Brian & Christina)
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:13 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
Jill!!

Where have you gone and put Brians willy???? MRS and MRS Siren... last I checked I was into MEN! (or at least one man who passed his "hero" title to Warren - just for today) LOL

It was wonderful to meet you Warren and as I suspected, you fit in perfectly in our ragtag group! We had a great time too and of course, looking forward to the next!

Lots of love,

MR and Mrs Siren
(aka Brian & Christina)
oooooooooooooooooooops soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry, the excitement of typing, you really do need to get a job as a proof reader!!! how cool would that be and you would be damn good at it.

Jill

Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

So glad you all had a great day and welcome to Perth at last Warren.
See you all soon
Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.