Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:54 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
aw.....how lovely to think you will soon be back with your family.....its quite a tear-jerker for all us bystanders y'know!!! Im quite choked just thinking about how you must be feeling.......
hope its a good flight......
lots of luv to you 3,
sue x
/\/\
What she said. Sent you some journey karma too.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:01 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Have a safe flight, Warren! And hopefully not too much jetlag... Brian will have you on the links before you know it! LOL

Really though... safe, UNeventful, relaxing flight. Looking forward to seeing you here in paradise - er- I mean Perth.

Siren
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:07 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
Have a safe flight, Warren! And hopefully not too much jetlag... Brian will have you on the links before you know it! LOL

Really though... safe, UNeventful, relaxing flight. Looking forward to seeing you here in paradise - er- I mean Perth.

Siren
Careful Christina, you'll have the anti-rose coloured spectacle brigade out telling you off next. LOL

Can't wait till I'm on the first tee with Brian and the others.....oh and seeing Jill/Midge and you of course !

Warren

Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:22 am
Go Banana's !!

26th Oct

"The world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some" and what TV programme has that as it's signature tune then, answers on a postcard.

This came into my head today and I haven't stopped singing it to myself. It was triggered by a lady I met at a carpet and blind place today, when getting more quotes . Anyway, she's been over here 15 years and commented how happy I looked and sounded - eh?, why shouldn't I?

We had a long conversation and she was telling me that all the 'newbies' she has met recently don't like it over here Obviously not everywhere has a Pole Dancing Club then

She was amazed at my enthusiasm and I found her amazment amusing. Then it got me thinking of the above song. It isn't right for everyone, if it was Oz would sink!! Just wanted to say to all of you waiting, don't come with unrealistic expectations and don't come with goals you have no idea whether you can achieve or not.

We knew what we wanted to do was achieveable and it wasn't purely the financial gain, but through that we can have time together as a family, with friends, have a dog (grrr) and basically do something different.

This bit is now going to sound selfish, but there has been an unexpected by product of this move so far. I have found what I am capable of (knew it was in me somewhere). It's not the day to day stuff that I am talking about, it's how I feel inside. I was pretty confident before (gobby) but this had give me an inner confidence and for the first time in my entire life I like myself alot. That is a weird feeling and seems even weirder written down, I don't mean this in a "arn't I wonderful?" sort of way. I just mean that I am not constantly down on myself and negative about stuff.

I honestly think it had to take such a move to achieve this. I would have quite happily (or so I thought) carried on with life, not really being brave enough to really test myself. This has been the best thing I could have done with my life, at this point in time. If we decide Oz is not for us, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

So guys what I am trying to say is you'll never really know what you can cope with until it is thrown at you and to be honest I've hardly had it tough out here, really. So get all ya ducks in a row, give yourselves a fighting chance, then go for it. If it doesn't work out, you will be richer for the experience - even if it means that you stop taking the UK for granted and appreciate what you have. Our reasons for being here are simply that 'our reasons'

Woew, that was a bit heavy.........

Sermon over. I got the result wanted with the house builder and the kitchen doors, think he was quite fond of all his body parts.

Found something else out by accident, that if we are having reverse cycle aircon ($9,500 BTW for our house which is about 285m2) that we really need 3 phase electrics, which is more money, so that needs more research.

It pays to shop around, 'cos so far I have $2,000 knocked off flooring costs. Been told also today that heating your water in the summer with solar is worth it, so that needs investigating too.

One funny incident from today was that I had to phone cuz, to pick Imogen up from school as I couldn't catch the dog to put him back inside. Took me 20 mins!!! I had a flash of inspiration and ended up throwing the washing basket over him!!! don't worry I didn't hurt him.

Going to settle down tonight with a breezer or two and count down the hours 'til Warren is here, then it's time for his journey of self discovery and earning potential to be realised!!!!

Best wishes
Jill

Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:28 am
Go Banana's !!

SPOOOOOOKY must have been typing at the same time was delivering my sermon

Love ya babes - see ya soon, yeh really sooooooooooooooooon

Your waiting wife (horny as hell )

Jill

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:44 pm
Go Banana's !!

Weds 26th Oct - 9.35pm

Well, this is my last post from the UK......Arghhhhh !! :scared:

I have to be up in 6hrs to get to the airport. The bottle of red wine is inducing a bit of sleep now so I just wanted to thank you all again and I'll post from the other side.....if Jill lets me near the computer. I may be gone for a few days.....keep yourself amused in the meantime.

Love you all !!

Warren
I leave for Perth in the morning ! Yipeeee !!

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:46 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Safe Journey Warren

Give your girls a cyber hug from us all

Julia
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Weds 26th Oct - 9.35pm

I have to be up in 6hrs to get to the airport. The bottle of red wine is inducing a bit of sleep now so I just wanted to thank you all again and I'll post from the other side.....if Jill lets me near the computer. I may be gone for a few days.....keep yourself amused in the meantime.

Love you all !!

Warren
I leave for Perth in the morning ! Yipeeee !!
Warren
Have a great flight.

All my best wishes foryou and your family for the future.
Take care
Debsx
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Weds 26th Oct - 9.35pm

Love you all !!

Warren
I leave for Perth in the morning ! Yipee
This will probably miss you but all the best for the trip and your future in Australia.

G
Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

I expect you'll both be missing from the computer for a few days, so enjoy and a heartfelt good luck from us.

Lindsey
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:19 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, I wanted to wait till last minute, but now I'm too late...

Well, you never know..

Have a good trip, enjoy it!
See you soon!!!

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:33 am
Go Banana's !!

27th Oct

Just to let you know, Warren rang me at about 10am Oz time, 3am UK to tell me he was leaving. Can't imagine how excited he must be feeling, if he gets a chance I'm sure he'll post enroute.

I've been very busy and found out some really interesting stuff about Solar heating today. If you install it when you build and it's the first house you own in WA you get about $400 back from WA and a further $1,500 back from the Government - or so I've been told, could be wrong. It dramatically cuts down your water heating bills. I have been led to believe that it costs as little as $80 a year!! to run - will let you know how true that is We get a rebate of $600 back from the builder, so it could cost us virtually nothing - need to investigate more, so don't shot me.

Also found out that a movie room to set up isn't as much as I thought. Anywhere between $5,000 - $9,000, with most of that cost coming from the projector (all to do with picture clarity) - so watch this space , more info to follow.

Lastly got a quote for blinds today aswell, about $2,500 to do the whole house with a mixture of verticals and timber slatted, but timber fades so need to go back to that one and research.

Apart from that, just getting butterflies thinking about seeing Warren at the airport - need to go into my e-mail as I have absolutely no idea what his flight number is!!!! so better go.

take care
Jill

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:38 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Apart from that, just getting butterflies thinking about seeing Warren at the airport - need to go into my e-mail as I have absolutely no idea what his flight number is!!!! so better go.

take care
Jill
Try this:

http://www1.perthairport.net.au/int_flight.asp
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:42 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Thanks, found the details in my e-mail phew..............

Jill

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

27th Oct

Just to let you know, Warren rang me at about 10am Oz time, 3am UK to tell me he was leaving. Can't imagine how excited he must be feeling, if he gets a chance I'm sure he'll post enroute.

I've been very busy and found out some really interesting stuff about Solar heating today. If you install it when you build and it's the first house you own in WA you get about $400 back from WA and a further $1,500 back from the Government - or so I've been told, could be wrong. It dramatically cuts down your water heating bills. I have been led to believe that it costs as little as $80 a year!! to run - will let you know how true that is We get a rebate of $600 back from the builder, so it could cost us virtually nothing - need to investigate more, so don't shot me.

Also found out that a movie room to set up isn't as much as I thought. Anywhere between $5,000 - $9,000, with most of that cost coming from the projector (all to do with picture clarity) - so watch this space , more info to follow.

Lastly got a quote for blinds today aswell, about $2,500 to do the whole house with a mixture of verticals and timber slatted, but timber fades so need to go back to that one and research.

take care
Jill
AAAWWWWWWWWWWW Jill, bet you cant wait to see him. Not long now mate.

Solar heating sounds great. They used this system a lot in Turkey when I lived there and it was great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.