Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:29 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Had a great time today, Jill! Thanks so much for opening your home and sharing Smudge with us for a while. (poor puppy)

Maggy!! Hurry up Chica and post the picture!! LOL

*making up shopping list for next coffee morn... incontinence pads... check

I hope you don't have to work next week either, Simone!! Nor you Maggy!!

(selfish git, aren't I?? )

Now... where do you suppose I could get a good pole?? *inward cringe* LOL

Siren
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:31 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

House viewing update in the UK

Not good news I'm afraid folks

Couple who were showed around by the MIL on Tues night thought the garden was too small for their two children - even though the village green is just next to the house !! They loved the hosue and couldn't fault the decor, rooms and fittings but just wanted more garden.

Still no feedback on the one done yesterday morning but as I said last night this one didn't look promising as the agent thought the lady had two big dogs and again was looking for a bigger garden.

Oh well back to the drawing board.......and roll on Saturday for another viewing.

At least I got to see Jilly and Smudge on the webcam earlier

Can't wait to see and hear about the pole dancing.....

Best wishes

Warren
Heart in Perth Head in Essex House not sold in County Durham

Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:07 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto to the above. also had a great time today (as usual).

next week my house, provisionally friday. Anybody else in perth that fancies coming along just PM me or one of the other members of the "Perth ladies coffee morning pole dancing club". Insanity is an essential condition of membership

Jill & warren,
sorry to hear these viewers were not THE ONE. All extremities crossed for the saturday people!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:10 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
was looking for a bigger garden.
Bummer What we did with every piece of feedback was turn it around and get in there with a positive comment on the next viewer before they get chance to think for themselves.
Example: (negative) "There's a school just outside your back garden, that's gonna be noisy"
(positive) "There's a school outside the back garden so you're not overlooked by anyone and the place is deserted after 330.
(negative) "Oh, night storage heaters, my friend's sister's vet's golden retriever told me they were expensive to run"
(positive) "... and do you know we always thought that night storage heaters were expensive 'til we moved here. I was very pleasantly surprised"
Trust me, get in there first and plant a positive seed (so to speak )

Edit: Oh yes, back to my original point
Try something like "and the garden is just a nice size so there's not much work to keep it right"
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Jill and Girls, thanks for fab coffee meet up today, had such a laugh, you've saved me from the dreaded cleaning parties (don't ask!), looking forward to Mairi's next week, have shifted things so will be there at midday without Oliver - hoping that Graham's not working

Shall I bring my pole!!!!! and hope we didn't blow your eardrums away Warren

Teresa xxx
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:03 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Swifts
Jill and Girls, thanks for fab coffee meet up today, had such a laugh, you've saved me from the dreaded cleaning parties (don't ask!), looking forward to Mairi's next week, have shifted things so will be there at midday without Oliver - hoping that Graham's not working

Teresa xxx
Bring your pole and strappy sandals coz we are gonna have a party lol

Oh Warren what are you missing hahahahaha

I had a ball today girls and cant wait till next week to do it all again.

Dont worry siren if i have a job i will jack it in before friday cant miss my coffee meet with the ladies.

Now wish me luck whilst I try to attach this pic of smudge never done this before.

Mags

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cant do it coz its too large, will e mail it to siren to attach lol

Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:06 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

House viewing update in the UK

Not good news I'm afraid folks

Couple who were showed around by the MIL on Tues night thought the garden was too small for their two children - even though the village green is just next to the house !! They loved the hosue and couldn't fault the decor, rooms and fittings but just wanted more garden.

Still no feedback on the one done yesterday morning but as I said last night this one didn't look promising as the agent thought the lady had two big dogs and again was looking for a bigger garden.

Oh well back to the drawing board.......and roll on Saturday for another viewing.

At least I got to see Jilly and Smudge on the webcam earlier

Can't wait to see and hear about the pole dancing.....

Best wishes

Warren
Heart in Perth Head in Essex House not sold in County Durham
Goddamit, and I had everything crossed

You know what it is, Warren - the house is just waiting until the Essex meet is over and done with and then it will sell itself, happy in the knowledge that you have met up with your fellow expaters.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:50 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I got the email from Maggy... Here you go everyone...SMUDGE!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.-smudge1.jpg   The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.-smudge3.jpg  
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:22 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Siren
Had a great time today, Jill! Thanks so much for opening your home and sharing Smudge with us for a while. (poor puppy)

Maggy!! Hurry up Chica and post the picture!! LOL

*making up shopping list for next coffee morn... incontinence pads... check

I hope you don't have to work next week either, Simone!! Nor you Maggy!!

(selfish git, aren't I?? )

Now... where do you suppose I could get a good pole?? *inward cringe* LOL

Siren

Well if you stopped wishing me bloody luck with every job i go for then maybe i would be ok.

This is getting ridiculous had to jack in 2 jobs in 3 weeks for fear of missing a coffee morning.

I have 2 interviews tomorrow for gods sake.

Do these people not realise I have an active social life and I am about to start pole dancing lessons with a bunch of nut jobs.

Fingers crossed i dont get any of the jobs and I can be there next week.

Simone pick your nose in the bakery and you will def get the sack.

Next week is gonna be ace lol.

Jill can you please bring along some more of that salad you made today it was brilliant. I had 2 helpings ( greedy bugger ).

Just dont accept any of Simones offerings incase she really does pick her nose lol.

mairi we need chocolate port or Jack daniels actually anything alcoholic will do.

teresa you bring the poles lol.

Siren, what can I say just bring the humour lol oh and your dancing skills.

Me, well i will bring the tenna ladies and no it aint the ex pat sisters its the incontinence pads from coles. they got them on special offer now u know lol

See u all on Friday

xxxxxxxxxx

Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:47 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
Ok, I got the email from Maggy... Here you go everyone...SMUDGE!!!

thanks for the picture of Smudge he's so cute and its the first proper picture of our new dog I have seen. No wonder Jill and Little un find him so cute....even if he is a pooing and p***ing machine !! LOL

My ear drums didn't hurt too much when Jill phoned me with you lot in the background this morning (UK).

I can't wait to see the pole dancing results !!

Best wishes

Warren

Old Aug 12th 2004, 7:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see the pole dancing results !!
Best wishes

Warren
Nor can the rest of us

G
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

11th Aug

Yippie we have :scared: back !! gonna need him later, however he does seem a bit flat compared to his 3D counterparts. Actually have some time to myself now, while Midge plays with the traumatised Smudge.

Woke up with a mild to medium hangover after the solo bacardi breezer session last night . This was further compounded by the fact that it's tennis day today which starts at 7:45am. We've got used to the late starts compared to the UK so this is a bit of a bitch. Sporting dark glases we raced to tennis, need to be earlier next week, Midge missed the 5 min warm up run around which she loves, bad mom :lecture: I then came back and tidied the devistation we had left in our wake. A totally freaked Smudge broke wind when he saw me, I have that effect on Warren

Then took myself of to Karrinyup and bought myself some very nice Esprit trackie stuff (alot cheaper than the UK Esprit) Got a hoodie, long and short sleeved t-shirts and two pairs of trackie pants for $269, very good quality stuff. I then trotted off to the sports shop for a pair of trainers $150. It was at the sports shop that I felt the need to use this little guy :scared: my cheque card was nowhere to be seen, I'd only gone and left in Esprit, 'cos I was too busy gassing. At this point Mr B has rolled his eyes, 'cos this is the first he's heard of this. The very nice man in the sports shop rang Esprit and they held it for me while I ran like a loon, to collect it. I was mortified!!

The guy at the sports shop tried to sell me a plot of land and asked me all about the UK as he wants to go and work there, hoping to make heaps of wonga and come back with $80,000, yeh right! I told him he'd have to sleep on the streets and eat beans!

I thought I'd done really well and nearly got stuff sorted this end until Mr B very kindly sent me an e-mail of about 10 things I haven't sorted yet, so next week must sort: driving licence, dog licence, medibank, centrelink, pet insurance etc etc etc.........

That's it for today
Jill

Jill this thread is getting very hard to read, is there anywhere you have the diary posted on its own, you know for a quick update, its just taking too much time to read with the thead getting sooo long.

PS> I love the way you spend money :scared: :scared: $269 track suit and $160 hair cuts thats probably a weeks wage for many in perth See having your old man on UK wages has some bonuses
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it coming Jill its still good reading! And isn't Smudge cute!!!
Warn me if you're posting pole dancing pics though - I'll have to blindfold The Bloke!

(PS don't change the format, we need a chance to comment!!! )
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Highly intoxicating and educational thread

I know a Pole that's available

......and what's all this dog nonsense on this thread....spare a thought for us cats
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:08 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swifts

Teresa xxx

Just a thought ladies could you borrow the local fire station to practice your pole dancing??? or ask the local firemen to install one in each of your houses.

Nice surprise for Warren eh Jill.

Fantastic diary. this will make the funniest book on emigrating ever.

Best of luck all for Saturday- remember the positives!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.