Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:06 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Bix
The pink stars look orange to me.....they automatically multiply depending how many posts you make.

The little blue boxes are karma.
I have just sent you some and you now have 1 little box
Yay Hay! I have karma!! Never had that before. Right ...

Does that mean the visa is quicker?

Will it calm me down? Will it help me reduce a 15 page CV down to 3 pages?

Will it prevent me having to give up alcohol, fags, meats and all things I enjoy before the medical?

And you're right ... the stars are orange not pink. Do they test your eyesight as well?

Think I might be better off in Minehead not Oz ...
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:10 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Bix
Are we talking Painting and decorating here ?
Actually, I have the new Figleaves catalogue (the girls will understand).

Showed it to hubby who went apopleptic (sp?) and declared it disgusting ... whilst putting in briefcase to take to work. Have rescued it ...

Beautiful things for putting on ... briefly ...
Old Sep 29th 2004, 9:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Actually, I have the new Figleaves catalogue
I have that one.......ahem......I mean that one came for the wife in yesterdays mail
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:19 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by mrsridge
Jill, I know you didn't want to bring up the education again, but I am just interested - is your daughter in State or Private education? I have been speaking to my aunt recently (she's Australian) who is a school teacher and she says even during her career she has seen the standards in State education drop quite a bit

I'll answer from the Uk as I have just popped into work !....sad I know but hey I've only got 4 weeks to go before I get back to my two girlies and the rest of the gang maurading as the Pole dancing girls !!

Our daughter is in a state primary school, we found that all the private ones we would have considered had astronomical waiting lists - months not years !

I can't really comment on the standard as I'm not there to see it first hand. I do know one thing though, I don't think I have head my daughter say so many nice things and enjoy school so much. She never shuts up about what she's doing and seems much more confident.

The great education debate cannot be answered on the forum as there are too many varying opinions.

Its whats best suited to YOUR child at the appropriate time in their development. Aussie education is different to the UK and always will be, there will be good and bad schools, good and bad standards of teaching and good and bad facilities.

We just want to ensure that the good start she had in the UK as we were very lucky in that we could afford to send her private, is not wasted and she gets bored. While she's still hungry to learn we want to encourage that and ensure she isn't standing still whilst the other children catch up, if you know what I mean.

Warren

Old Sep 30th 2004, 1:25 am
Go Banana's !!

1st Oct

Well darlin' banana boy,- think you'd better focus on your own education before commenting on your daughters apart from your appauling spelling and grammar, there are a few other 'things' you need to practise

Chow baby
Jill

(will update later on 'what Smudge got up to last night..........')

Old Sep 30th 2004, 11:46 am
Go Banana's !!

30th Sept - sorry put the wrong date on before - lost a day somewhere

Just a quicky, had a lovely time as ever at Siren's and it was lovely to meet Dawn and Jenny.

Warren's Mum has been in a car accident, broken her sternum and ankle - don't know much more than that. Will update another time, need to get off here incase Warren rings with more news.

Jill

Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
30th Sept - sorry put the wrong date on before - lost a day somewhere

Just a quicky, had a lovely time as ever at Siren's and it was lovely to meet Dawn and Jenny.

Warren's Mum has been in a car accident, broken her sternum and ankle - don't know much more than that. Will update another time, need to get off here incase Warren rings with more news.

Jill
God Jill
I,m so sorry to hear that, here's to big bit of cyber love to you all and hope she gets better soon.

Lindsey
Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Jill and Warren
Hope mum is ok, loads of love to you all, send her our best. Jill ring me if you need someone to talk to babe xxx
Joanne
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:29 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi guys,

Just got back after getting the call this morning from my dad that my mum had been in an RTA. He was stranded in Grimsby, as mum had the car, and I was in Essex at work. I drove to Gy to take my dad to Harrogate where my mum had been staying with my sister, then after spending all afternoon at the hospital I have just got back down to Essex again, got to the whole thing again tomorrow !

Thankfully my sisters three kids weren't in the car as my mum had just dropped them off !

Anyway, mum has written off her car, some bimbo in high heels and a silver BMW cabriolet !! (was it the same person who got Bundy !) pulled out on her and she went straight into her. Mum and dads car is a write off and the BMW will need lots of work doing on it.

As Jill said she's broken her ankle and sternum (quite badly)but at least she's still alive and with us.

Anyway, I'm buggered and so off to bed but as usual the lure of the Forum pulled me in for just a little look.......

Best wishes

Warren

Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Shite - not exactly what anyone wants at anytime.

Best wishes to your mom and you be careful m8 dashing up and down the motorway. We don't want another casualty.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:13 pm
Confused member

Hi guys,

Just got back after getting the call this morning from my dad that my mum had been in an RTA. He was stranded in Grimsby, as mum had the car, and I was in Essex at work. I drove to Gy to take my dad to Harrogate where my mum had been staying with my sister, then after spending all afternoon at the hospital I have just got back down to Essex again, got to the whole thing again tomorrow !

Thankfully my sisters three kids weren't in the car as my mum had just dropped them off !

Anyway, mum has written off her car, some bimbo in high heels and a silver BMW cabriolet !! (was it the same person who got Bundy !) pulled out on her and she went straight into her. Mum and dads car is a write off and the BMW will need lots of work doing on it.

As Jill said she's broken her ankle and sternum (quite badly)but at least she's still alive and with us.

Anyway, I'm buggered and so off to bed but as usual the lure of the Forum pulled me in for just a little look.......

Best wishes

Warren
Have sent some karma. Hope your Mum's OK.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:07 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Best wishes to your mom and you be careful m8 dashing up and down the motorway. We don't want another casualty.
Yeah that's a good point. Take it easy! Hope mum gets better soon.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi guys,

Best wishes

Warren
Warren
Sorry to hear about your mum. I hope that she soon recovers.

As Bix said be careful.

Take care
Debs
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your mum Warren.

Flamin@ beamer drivers - have taken over from volvo numpties in owning the road.

Hope she is soon ok. Only positive thing I can think of is thank god it didn't happen just before you go or worse just after At least you can see her better before you head off.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 5:35 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

I wish a speedy recovery for your mum, Warren.
Have sent some karma.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.