Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Old May 11th 2005, 10:26 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Originally Posted by Simone
lol! (sorry!)

hMMM, I've never been in a mercedes before I reckon.....!

Im sure you have plenty of times.... all the buses are mercs
Old May 11th 2005, 10:37 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh sweetie...you are so wasted...you should write a book!!!

Thankyou for the giggle, it's so good to know that I am not alone in my planetary inhabiting!!

Hey, is it you who rides or Imogen? Which stables do you use?

Love T xxxx
Old May 11th 2005, 12:02 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sooo pleased you're writing again. I loved reading the first "Banana Diaries".

As for the car: I won't say what car I've got, and we haven't even got our visas yet, but I'm already upset that "The Boy" can't come with me to Oz. LOL.

Gina
Old May 11th 2005, 12:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You must be another Robbie fan then.

Robbie Reliant
Old May 11th 2005, 1:18 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Im sure you have plenty of times.... all the buses are mercs
Ok, once or twice then(I use the train more). But I'm sure they aren't as flash as Jill's car... I already find new Fords and Holdens flash(the car I sometimes use at work is a holden.... I think...). Central locking, electric windows, cd players, radio's that don't turn off untill you open the door, all these statistics on the dashboard. all very flash stuff for me

Btw, why hadn't anyone told us we are supposed to put water in the *&#^& battery!! Our died on us(luckily it wasn't in the morning. And luckily we're RAC members!) $110 for a new one.
Batteries don't need water in Holland(Europe). Different types.
So, people out there, check your battery every 2 months, water should be about 2 cm from top!!
Old May 11th 2005, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Go Banana's !!
I'm having a "I seriously miss M&S, Next, Wallis, John Lewis and H&M week" - just don't start me on it please, the food, the clothes, the smellies.............

Big sorry, went on too much yesterday about missing stuff that I set you off.......again...........by way.........Dad, bless him nearly 64 .........got a job at..........guess where.........Marks & Spencer Food Hall !!!! aargh love him but I want 20% off their food too no karma love...just per una perfume coming your way

T xxx
Old May 11th 2005, 1:33 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had time to read your post yet but looking forward to it later with a glass of wine to celebrate getting an offer on our house today!

Nice to see you back on BE again!

And have some karma to remind you why you do it!

Binbird
Old May 11th 2005, 2:14 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

... and here's me out shopping for a cheap second hand people carrier tomorrow and a rental pad within walking distance of the school so that we can survive with one car for the foreseeable future ... life's tough ain't it!
(Never mind, that star Perth job's just around the corner ... oh no, Warren got it!)
All this said, it's great to hear the start of another Bananas saga!

Last edited by bal56; May 11th 2005 at 2:18 pm.
Old May 11th 2005, 3:13 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

love the title of the post and the reason behind it !

Such good news you have your 'baby' back again. Wonder wozza really is a wonder !

sorry to hear the dramas are continuing. Just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it (and trust me it will. That moment when you get the keys to the new house will make all this pale to insignificance.
Old May 12th 2005, 1:32 pm
Go Banana's !!

12th May

Wow can't believe all the replies I got and all the Karma, thanks guys.
I've even had an email from one of the moderators, but you'll just have to wait and see what that is all about

I've never done speed ironing before today, did a weeks worth in 2 hours, which is a record for me as I iron knickers, socks and tea towels! even the t-shirt that protects my modesty should the door bell ring in the middle of the night.

I have just run out of days this week.

Dropped Imogen of at school this morning and I was all ready to go back home and get stuck into the afore mentioned ironing and I was dressed accordingly, jeans, scratty T-shirt, no make-up and me slippers! Then my flippin mobile goes and the pool man wanted to meet me at the house to sign the plan change. I kept my sunnies on, oh the shame. Then our new neighbour stopped for chat and to top it all the guys installing our ceiling just looked at me with pity in their eyes.

I promply came home, showered and changed again and slapped as much makeup on as gravity would allow, drowned myself in 'eau d' sexy minx' parfum and sashayed up to the pool showroom to select the capping stones that I thought I had selected 6 months ago. Then it was a quick wizz round Woolies (geeze I miss M&S) would have killed for a Crispy Duck (and no that's not cockney rhyming slang )

Then picked up Imogen from school and I have spent the evening trying to perfect a chicken korma recipe for a certain friend of mine - just the theory so far, baked some cakes and cooked a mushroom curry for myself, de-lish.

The real busy time starts from tomorrow. Imogen has an assembly which I have been making the costume for all week, the theme is Egypt, so we have gold headress, bangles and collar complete with plastic asp. We have to be at the school for 8am complete with authentic makeup (Imogen not me). Then I have a swimming lesson, then coffee with some friends, then my Parking Warden duty at the school, then meeting a floor installer at the site for a quote, then home, walk the mut, get Imogen changed and back out for her swimming lessons, then home, cook tea, shower again and rub myself in exotic oils for the arrival home of my man for 14 hours, before he flies back out again Saturday...........pheweeeeeeeee. I buggared just writing it.

Speaking of Warren he's just rang me rather excited to tell me he has got me a fake Louis Vitton hand bag in leather for $25 complete with cotton bag to put it in. He mentioned something about cherries - can't wait to show Siren !!! Poor guy, it's stinking hot and he's trailing round Kuala Lumpa looking for a bag for me, I should be shot for reckless endangerment of the male species. Don't worry I'll make his 14 hours with me memorable, before he goes off for the 3 week stint to Israel and Holland. Still there is a whole sack of M&S stuff waiting for me when he gets back.

I do miss him much worse this time round, so it's a good job I am nice and busy, back onto that again. Monday, Tuesday (shopping day too!) fence is going up thanks to a very good friend of ours Wednesday, the bobcat turns up to dig the pool and Thursday lunch time the pool is being launched fourth into it's final resting place. Warren has made me promise to take pics so I can mark the occassion, the boy wants to see what the crane looks like - dear oh dear - this was mean't to be a quiet week, when I get one I'll sure let you know. Warren bought me a massage for Mothers day- like I have the time? I wish..................................

Nighty night

Jill

Old May 12th 2005, 2:35 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing another installment for us poor wannabees! Seriously, it's like finding out your favourite author has brought out another novel when you thought she had retired!!
Old May 12th 2005, 2:39 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
12th May

baked some cakes and cooked a mushroom curry for myself, de-lish.

Jill
Anyone else think the above explains a lot????
Old May 12th 2005, 2:52 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Anyone else think the above explains a lot????
lol!

OMG, Jill, I am just tired reading about it... And I was pissed off about having to get up at 8 am on Saturday, and 6 am on Sunday! Geez, it's weekend, it's not right!!!!

Good luck!
Old May 12th 2005, 3:18 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
12th May

Wow can't believe all the replies I got and all the Karma, thanks guys.
I've even had an email from one of the moderators, but you'll just have to wait and see what that is all about

I've never done speed ironing before today, did a weeks worth in 2 hours, which is a record for me as I iron knickers, socks and tea towels! even the t-shirt that protects my modesty should the door bell ring in the middle of the night.

I have just run out of days this week.

Dropped Imogen of at school this morning and I was all ready to go back home and get stuck into the afore mentioned ironing and I was dressed accordingly, jeans, scratty T-shirt, no make-up and me slippers! Then my flippin mobile goes and the pool man wanted to meet me at the house to sign the plan change. I kept my sunnies on, oh the shame. Then our new neighbour stopped for chat and to top it all the guys installing our ceiling just looked at me with pity in their eyes.

I promply came home, showered and changed again and slapped as much makeup on as gravity would allow, drowned myself in 'eau d' sexy minx' parfum and sashayed up to the pool showroom to select the capping stones that I thought I had selected 6 months ago. Then it was a quick wizz round Woolies (geeze I miss M&S) would have killed for a Crispy Duck (and no that's not cockney rhyming slang )

Then picked up Imogen from school and I have spent the evening trying to perfect a chicken korma recipe for a certain friend of mine - just the theory so far, baked some cakes and cooked a mushroom curry for myself, de-lish.

The real busy time starts from tomorrow. Imogen has an assembly which I have been making the costume for all week, the theme is Egypt, so we have gold headress, bangles and collar complete with plastic asp. We have to be at the school for 8am complete with authentic makeup (Imogen not me). Then I have a swimming lesson, then coffee with some friends, then my Parking Warden duty at the school, then meeting a floor installer at the site for a quote, then home, walk the mut, get Imogen changed and back out for her swimming lessons, then home, cook tea, shower again and rub myself in exotic oils for the arrival home of my man for 14 hours, before he flies back out again Saturday...........pheweeeeeeeee. I buggared just writing it.

Speaking of Warren he's just rang me rather excited to tell me he has got me a fake Louis Vitton hand bag in leather for $25 complete with cotton bag to put it in. He mentioned something about cherries - can't wait to show Siren !!! Poor guy, it's stinking hot and he's trailing round Kuala Lumpa looking for a bag for me, I should be shot for reckless endangerment of the male species. Don't worry I'll make his 14 hours with me memorable, before he goes off for the 3 week stint to Israel and Holland. Still there is a whole sack of M&S stuff waiting for me when he gets back.

I do miss him much worse this time round, so it's a good job I am nice and busy, back onto that again. Monday, Tuesday (shopping day too!) fence is going up thanks to a very good friend of ours Wednesday, the bobcat turns up to dig the pool and Thursday lunch time the pool is being launched fourth into it's final resting place. Warren has made me promise to take pics so I can mark the occassion, the boy wants to see what the crane looks like - dear oh dear - this was mean't to be a quiet week, when I get one I'll sure let you know. Warren bought me a massage for Mothers day- like I have the time? I wish..................................

Nighty night

Jill
You are one mad woman lol

See you tomorrow hun

xxx

Old May 12th 2005, 4:15 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaarrrgghh!!!

Remember Jill, I own a pool company!
You should have let me know, & I'd have done a quote for you!!
Would have given you mates rates as well...!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.