Ballerat

Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

kevscotoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Ballerat

Hi anybody moving to Ballerat Victoria, or staying there? If so could you tell me what the town is like , thinking of moving there because not to big and not to small also seems to be close to everything????
Thank you
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ballerat

Originally Posted by kevscotoz
Hi anybody moving to Ballerat Victoria, or staying there? If so could you tell me what the town is like , thinking of moving there because not to big and not to small also seems to be close to everything????
Thank you
Google.com.au is your friend: Ballarat
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Ballerat

I have been to Ballarat to visit a friend who lives there. Therefore, my observations are purely from a tourist perpective opposed to potential member of the community. This was approx 3 years ago.

My friend works in the Telstra Call Centre. It has historic buildings and has character. The people looked fine and I felt safe there. Lots of shops, cafes, restaurants and facilities. The lake is lovely - when it has water in it. It has suffered with the drought and was bone dry. Ballarat is generally a couple of degrees cooler than Melbourne.

What sort of work would you be looking for?

Hope I've got the right place and it's defintatly not Ballerat.

Last edited by Caroline G; Feb 13th 2007 at 8:22 pm.