Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ballarat Private Schools (Clarendon) - we're moving (we think!?)

Ballarat Private Schools (Clarendon) - we're moving (we think!?)

Old Aug 1st 2015, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Cosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ballarat Private Schools (Clarendon) - we're moving (we think!?)

Originally Posted by quoll
Ballarat is good if you can find work. The weather always befuddles me - very cold, very hot and not when you expect it to be either.

Some of my husband's relatives sent their kids to Clarendon and were very happy, others sent theirs to Grammar and were very happy with that too. If they're rowers they'll enjoy it (assume Wendouree is full now?!)

Nowhere is far from anywhere in Ballarat really so it all depends if leafy old or new builds or acreage float your boat. It's one of those mixed places - half and half bogan/moneyed. The kids probably won't stay in town once they've done with school, it's not that brilliant for young adults, they tend to drift into the big smoke.
Thank you! All three have sport/music/maths as strengths. We're just looking for an all rounder with a decent demographic. Work is sorted pretty much wherever so that's a bonus.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Cosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ballarat Private Schools (Clarendon) - we're moving (we think!?)

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Well one of the areas that people bust a gut to live in as the state schools are so good is McKinnon. I'm sure there are other areas too, that just happens to be one I know of.

BB
Thank you!!! Getting on to it now - great advice