Ball Rolling

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie Dreams will become famous soon enough
Question Ball Rolling

Hi all and thanks for reading this.

For a long time Oz has been my dream and at present we plan to holiday for 3 wks at xmas with relatives in adelaide (our first time in oz) At present we (Me Male 30/partner 42 (de-facto) one son mine from previous (12) and two dogs are looking forward to a warmer more relaxed lifestyle but will Oz bring this?

We have savings of about £10000 and propery equity of at least £70000. I know this because we have just bought this place in order to sell of our possesions in preporation for the big push!

Im a Plant Manager at present and prior to that i was in transport managment, 8yrs. She is a National accounts manager for a linen firm in the uk she also has a degree in microbiology mainly from the brewing industry background.

The whole family is in good health and enjoys a good standard of living in the UK. We all hate the darkness, cold and current state of the UK, illegal immagrants NHS failings and starting to feel under valued because we work dont have a criminal record, recieve no benefits and yet people sit on there arses and live just as well as me by leeching my taxes!

But my main questions are
1) did any of you holiday in Oz first or did you just go for it? (i could use the £3000 flights for better purpose if so)
2) My relatives live in Adelaide, it appeals to me with kangeroo island and victoria harbour near by. But my folks who have been to Oz recommend Perth, what ive seen of house prices it seems more expensive there.
3) Jobs on the skills we have which area is best she wants to return to brewery work. im not bothered as i also have an HGV licence so i can adapt.
4) I understand that life in Oz is cheaper.. our joint income over here is £47000 how does this compare in $ terms eg houses are cheaper taxes etc.
5) I understand unemployment is high, is it any worse than over here?
6) Will my dogs be allowed in? 8&7 yrs old. fully checked out etc
7) Ive done one of those online points tests and we got 140 points can we belive those things?

Think thats all at the moment if your still awake any replies suggestion are most welcome.

p.s. I can almost guarantee another barrage of questions.:scared:
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I suggest you use the search facility to check out some of the questions you ask.
Most have been covered before.
Most things do not seem much different to the Uk.

There will be conflicting answers so you will need to decide what is relevant.
It is up to you to decide if the problems you complain about in the Uk will be any different to similar problems in Australia.

Good Luck

G