British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Baldivis (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/baldivis-693571/)

Sunshine7 Nov 15th 2010 8:03 am

Baldivis

Continuing our search for somewhere to settle (and everyone has been so kind and helpful so far) we are now seriously considering Baldivis.

Had a drive around and the suburb looks lovely as do the houses. I know there is a new high school being built and there are currently two primary schools (not counting Tranby).

Can anyone give a little information about facilities available such as kindy, child care, local shops (I know there is a shopping centre but I mean more a local newsagent/IGA/hairdresser, that kind of thing). We're not too bothered about being in a certain area (I don't think) such as Settlers, just anywhere in the suburb really. To anybody who lives there - was it a good move?

The Squire of Onchan Nov 15th 2010 3:22 pm

Re: Baldivis

Good liquor store ...

Originally Posted by Sunshine7 (Post 8982443)
Continuing our search for somewhere to settle (and everyone has been so kind and helpful so far) we are now seriously considering Baldivis.

Had a drive around and the suburb looks lovely as do the houses. I know there is a new high school being built and there are currently two primary schools (not counting Tranby).

Can anyone give a little information about facilities available such as kindy, child care, local shops (I know there is a shopping centre but I mean more a local newsagent/IGA/hairdresser, that kind of thing). We're not too bothered about being in a certain area (I don't think) such as Settlers, just anywhere in the suburb really. To anybody who lives there - was it a good move?

don544 Nov 15th 2010 9:24 pm

hi
we have been in settlers for 4 years now. great suburb. has a deli, chippy, restaurant and hair dressers by the oval. usually quiet, but can get hoons around deli on weekends. my kids go to tranby, and we are pleased with their progress. new baldivis shopping centre starting to grow. chase pub good value meals. medical centre now open. easy access to freeway to go north or south. only 9km from good beaches, and 14km to rocky. we are very happy here. :thumbsup:
Dom

Japonica Nov 16th 2010 12:44 am

Hi there...

We haven't moved there yet as you know (house should be ready by Feb), but every time we drive by the Stockland centre (the one with the Coles etc.) there seems to be new shops and services.

That medical centre looks to have just opened up as mentioned...brand new. And we've been to the Steel Tree restaurant in Settlers a few times and it's very nice, but super busy.

Child care...I know there's one right next to Tranby. Not sure of others.

Good luck. We're really looking forward to moving there in the next few months...

Sunshine7 Nov 16th 2010 4:19 am

Have pm'd you Japonica :)

squeezzii Nov 16th 2010 11:32 am

and not forgetting good old Spud Shed for your bargain priced fruit and veg thats just up the road from settlers too.