Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Baldbutts family life in Mandurah

The Baldbutts family life in Mandurah

Old Jul 20th 2003, 1:33 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default The Baldbutts family life in Mandurah

We're still here then.
Many thanks to Loopy and her husband,who've lent us a computer,we should be on-line a bit more now-although we do now fit into the category of people who have got better things to do now ,instead of sit in front of a monitor.
House sale fell through the other day after 22 weeks-no explanation or nuffin-jock tossers-I've vowed never to buy or sell a house in the U.K again.Luckily we now have another buyer lined up-7th time lucky ?
To all the people with doubts coming to Oz-don't have 'em.We really got the jitters the last week or so before we left,but once you're here-wow.You soon forget what you were worried about.
Notice I post at the weekend,before the wank-I mean-tell it like it so called is-brigade get a chance to change threads completely.
Met up with the Abergas family,who've bought their dog over.Didn't realise how much I'd missed kicking Buttsniffer till then-mind,soon took it out on their hound.I'm now prowling the streets of Mandurah looking for suitable whoop-ass canines!
We're getting our shipment sent over in the next week or so,as it looks like we'll deffo be staying.Tried to get a bed for BB jnr with a slide attached out here,but apart from the crap in Ikea,couldn't find one.Got someone to buy one from Argos to put in our container,but it would take 3 weeks to deliver-had to get a refund.
Can't wait for the shipment,Mrs BB's missing my Batman outfit I put on for wardrobe jumping-My Steve Irwin safari suit isn't quite the same-says it reminds her of Bob Down.I'm just worried that after a few months in storage,Buttsniffer might start to make our clothes stink-knew I should've put more food in for him
Took the first exam to get me electrical license-what a rip-off.It's all stuff from college that I've never used since-had to meet up with LouLou's hubby to get a refresher.Then,when you do the exam,you're left in a room on your own-so take your mobile,and text someone who knows their stuff (anyone but me then).I can't do the final part till August 4th !! even though I started the application 6 weeks ago-any more advice,let me know,I'll start another thread.
Mandurah is fantastic.We are staying at one of the properties from the Pelican Pals website-do a search here.We met them before as friends,and they treat all their rentees as such,not like a business,so any horror stories you here about other similar landlords don't apply here.The house is absolutely fully furnished-we're the first in this place,so should we find anything missing,we let them know and it's there the next day.We'll be sending any visitors who want digs their way.
Back to Mandurah-it's a world away from the busy north,with more affordable housing-you get a lot more for your money here.As for the distance from Perth,which will no doubt be mentioned come Monday,it takes 50 minutes to get to that big bridge whose name I don't know,once rush hour's over-it's only about 75 km's away.There's plenty of building going on down here,so I don't expect to have to go far for work.
We are visiting areas to see if we'd like to live there,ticking off the ones we don't like-at the moment,we haven't dismissed one.Going to look at one today 20 km's from the main shopping forum(about 15 mins drive) with the canal at the bottom of the garden,for 340k-where could you find that in the U.K ?I was worried that, with all the inflatables in our pool,we'd have no room to swim-I'd never run out of room in the Peel inlet.Already budgeting for a boat,$10k is more than enough for a decent one,and there's plenty of places to launch here.Mrs BB's in training now on the rowing machine,incase I want to waterski !
BB jnrs got crabs!!! 3 hermit ones called Hermione,Harry (Potter) and Shaggy.Trying to convince him they're the re-incarnation of Buttsniffer,then maybe I don't have to spend $5000 to get him here.
Well,that's it for now,Hope my reputation as the most knowledgable and informative poster is still intact.

BB-Crikey

p.s have you seen this one

go to google search engine,type in
weapons of mass destruction
click on -i'm feeling lucky
read the page that appears to be an error page
enjoy

Last edited by baldbutts; Jul 20th 2003 at 1:55 am.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Baldbutts family life in Mandurah

Originally posted by baldbutts
We're still here then.
Many thanks to Loopy and her husband,who've lent us a computer,we should be on-line a bit more now-although we do now fit into the category of people who have got better things to do now ,instead of sit in front of a monitor.
House sale fell through the other day after 22 weeks-no explanation or nuffin-jock tossers-I've vowed never to buy or sell a house in the U.K again.Luckily we now have another buyer lined up-7th time lucky ?
To all the people with doubts coming to Oz-don't have 'em.We really got the jitters the last week or so before we left,but once you're here-wow.You soon forget what you were worried about.
Notice I post at the weekend,before the wank-I mean-tell it like it so called is-brigade get a chance to change threads completely.
Met up with the Abergas family,who've bought their dog over.Didn't realise how much I'd missed kicking Buttsniffer till then-mind,soon took it out on their hound.I'm now prowling the streets of Mandurah looking for suitable whoop-ass canines!
We're getting our shipment sent over in the next week or so,as it looks like we'll deffo be staying.Tried to get a bed for BB jnr with a slide attached out here,but apart from the crap in Ikea,couldn't find one.Got someone to buy one from Argos to put in our container,but it would take 3 weeks to deliver-had to get a refund.
Can't wait for the shipment,Mrs BB's missing my Batman outfit I put on for wardrobe jumping-My Steve Irwin safari suit isn't quite the same-says it reminds her of Bob Down.I'm just worried that after a few months in storage,Buttsniffer might start to make our clothes stink-knew I should've put more food in for him
Took the first exam to get me electrical license-what a rip-off.It's all stuff from college that I've never used since-had to meet up with LouLou's hubby to get a refresher.Then,when you do the exam,you're left in a room on your own-so take your mobile,and text someone who knows their stuff (anyone but me then).I can't do the final part till August 4th !! even though I started the application 6 weeks ago-any more advice,let me know,I'll start another thread.
Mandurah is fantastic.We are staying at one of the properties from the Pelican Pals website-do a search here.We met them before as friends,and they treat all their rentees as such,not like a business,so any horror stories you here about other similar landlords don't apply here.The house is absolutely fully furnished-we're the first in this place,so should we find anything missing,we let them know and it's there the next day.We'll be sending any visitors who want digs their way.
Back to Mandurah-it's a world away from the busy north,with more affordable housing-you get a lot more for your money here.As for the distance from Perth,which will no doubt be mentioned come Monday,it takes 50 minutes to get to that big bridge whose name I don't know,once rush hour's over-it's only about 75 km's away.There's plenty of building going on down here,so I don't expect to have to go far for work.
We are visiting areas to see if we'd like to live there,ticking off the ones we don't like-at the moment,we haven't dismissed one.Going to look at one today 20 km's from the main shopping forum(about 15 mins drive) with the canal at the bottom of the garden,for 340k-where could you find that in the U.K ?I was worried that, with all the inflatables in our pool,we'd have no room to swim-I'd never run out of room in the Peel inlet.Already budgeting for a boat,$10k is more than enough for a decent one,and there's plenty of places to launch here.Mrs BB's in training now on the rowing machine,incase I want to waterski !
BB jnrs got crabs!!! 3 hermit ones called Hermione,Harry (Potter) and Shaggy.Trying to convince him they're the re-incarnation of Buttsniffer,then maybe I don't have to spend $5000 to get him here.
Well,that's it for now,Hope my reputation as the most knowledgable and informative poster is still intact.

BB-Crikey

p.s have you seen this one

go to google search engine,type in
weapons of mass destruction
click on -i'm feeling lucky
read the page that appears to be an error page
enjoy
Hello Baldbutts,

Good to here from you and that all is well, sounds like you enjoying the Mandurah area, also good luck on the final exam and house sale ... finger crossed and good luck again !!!

We have been in contact the Abergas family, it's a small world looking forward to meeting everyone when we arrive, we leave the U.K. on the 7 September :scared: gulp ...

Have sent you a PM,

cheers,

Mark.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default nice to read you, to read you nice

Nice to see your informative and funny posts back on here BB.

Keep them coming, they make me laugh!!!

Whisky
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Thanks

Fab post, agree with others keep them coming, if you have time in your new life, was pml reading it!!!! think it was visions of the outfit.......

Old Jul 20th 2003, 2:45 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks BB Keep them coming (before they get hijacked)
Old Jul 20th 2003, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Nice one BB,

Still reckon the "don't come here, it's terrible" brigade should understand that just 'cos they hate it doesn'y mean others will and vice versa of course.

All the best with the house.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant to hear from you Balbutts!

All those doubts go away when you post a comment

footie chick xx
Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back online BB - a breath of cheerful fresh air!
Sounds like you're having fun, keep us up to date when you get a chance!

Tried the google thing by the way - its now going round the office!
Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Nice to hear from you Baldy.

Good to hear that you are enjoying yourselves, it has put my mind to rest a bit. How are the locals finding your sense of humour? Do they just think you are barking mad??

Keep them coming ( the posts that is!!)

Tina j
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:39 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by baldbutts
We are visiting areas to see if we'd like to live there,ticking off the ones we don't like-at the moment,we haven't dismissed one.Going to look at one today 20 km's from the main shopping forum(about 15 mins drive) with the canal at the bottom of the garden,for 340k-where could you find that in the U.K ?
BB-Crikey

enjoy
\

Your price seems a bit cheap for a canal home is it in pounds or is it mozzie bound as is most of Mandurah ?

#788514 - Port Mandurah - $ 975,000

Privacy assured in this executive four bedroom home. Overlooking acres of parkland with estuary and canal views just 3 minutes walk to the Old Bridge. Heated below ground pool and spa, parents retreat with wet bar and estuary views. Five car garage, jetty and boat lifter. Full electronic security. Appointment necessary for all inspections. Talk to Frank Lawrence direct on 0412 903 375.

Old Jul 21st 2003, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Very interesting post.

I love your sense of humour!

Keep them coming BB.

Best of luck with the house sale and house hunting.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:59 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Hi BB,

Love your wit. Hope this posts stays as it was intended.

Good luck to you all for the future.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the plug
I didnt pay him!!!
the web site is

www.pelicanpals.co.uk

paula
Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Glad to be of assistance to provide a smile to the masses!

Watch out for BB jnr's crabs, one of Loopy jnr's crabs croaked last week-don't think he/she/it liked the cold! Funny thing was when it died it was out of it's shell! Loopy jnr shed a quick tear & asked if we could go get another one, such is life!

Just keep away from mutts & their butts!

Loopy