Wikiposts

Baggage limit ?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:07 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Baggage limit ?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Yeah just do it
more like "just buy it"
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:00 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

I flew back from sydney 2 years ago and bag was 32.5kgs but only alowed 20kgs , but lucky me got a guy at the desk who had just come on shift and was in a good mood and didnt charge any extra It also pays to be over nice to the people at checkin me thinks.
That was with thai air not a bad air line.
Hiya my hubby has just flown to sydney on a 6week visiting business visa flew with british airways and quantas birmingham int -frankfurt-sydney and he was allowed 25 kilos so who knows when we come to fly fro good what the allowance might be just hope it's lots 16mth old son has as many clothes as i have lol
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It varies from airline to airlime, and whatever you do, don't assume you have the extra unless it is stated on your ticket or you have it in writing from the airline themselves.
Search carefully and there are horror stories on here of people who assumed they had the extra, but didn't check, and then had to unpack at the airport.
Also don't assume you automatically have it on domestic connecting flights, again unless it's on the ticket or you have confirmation from the airline (and the confirmation should come from the same airline as the flight number).

If you want to fly west but avoid the US, look at flying Air Canada to Vancouver and then direct to Sydney.

Surplus clothes, bedding etc can always be included in your shipment. And you can always but additional bits and pieces in Australia while waiting for the shipment to arrive.

Jeremy
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We flew over from Belfast to heathrow with BMI, and checked out with them that they allowed the 50kg as well as Singapore airline. I was told because it was a connecting flight (we had booked right through from Belfast to Brisbane) that it was ok. But I guess it always pays to check, like Pollyanna said the worse thing would be to have to start unpacking in the airport. :scared:
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Baggage limit ?

Is the baggage limit still 40kgs per person when you fly out on a migrant visa ? Or have they stopped it

We have just boooked our flights with Emirates, one-way, and we had to fax copies of visas to prove we were emigrating, got our tickets back with it stamped on it 40 kg baggage allowance

I spoke to the travel agent (who were clueless) so I rung emirates direct and they explained the procedure.
So if you have the PR visa in your passport your okay with 40 KG, only thing now we have to buy extra cases
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:44 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya my hubby has just flown to sydney on a 6week visiting business visa flew with british airways and quantas birmingham int -frankfurt-sydney and he was allowed 25 kilos so who knows when we come to fly fro good what the allowance might be just hope it's lots 16mth old son has as many clothes as i have lol

Hiya Poshrice,

I did the thrip you are planning and wouldn't do it again.

The flight from Frankfurt on was ok, but the flight from BHX to FRA was in a city express! Cramped to say the least!

Next time go via Dudai with Emirates from BHX. Big plane all the way! & it's quicker! ( unless you like waiting at FRA for about a 12 hours )

Bye
Mark

Last edited by markeh; Apr 9th 2005 at 11:46 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
Also don't assume you automatically have it on domestic connecting flights, again unless it's on the ticket or you have confirmation from the airline (and the confirmation should come from the same airline as the flight number).

Jeremy

We are using Virgin Blue to get from Melbourne to Hobart and they don't offer any extra baggage allowance- they will charge us $50 each for the extra 20kgs we each have.

so the baggage will cost more than the flight but we don't really have a choice do we !!!

( we also checked out Jetstar and they were even more expensive)

Nat
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:23 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Poshrice,

I did the thrip you are planning and wouldn't do it again.

The flight from Frankfurt on was ok, but the flight from BHX to FRA was in a city express! Cramped to say the least!

Next time go via Dudai with Emirates from BHX. Big plane all the way! & it's quicker! ( unless you like waiting at FRA for about a 12 hours )

Bye
Mark
Hiya mark thanks for that info but luckily wasn't me who had to make flight it was sparkyeng my hubby he flew that way to sydney last sunday (missing him loads boo hoo) he has been away for the 1st week of a 6 week business trip so his flight was booked by company hopefully when we go out we will only stop over once as we have a 16mnth old son so want to get the flight over and done with as quick as possible

poshrice
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natty
We are using Virgin Blue to get from Melbourne to Hobart and they don't offer any extra baggage allowance- they will charge us $50 each for the extra 20kgs we each have.

so the baggage will cost more than the flight but we don't really have a choice do we !!!

( we also checked out Jetstar and they were even more expensive)

Nat
Did you try to get the Melbourne-Hobart leg added on to your 'main' flight?

Jeremy