Baggage limit ?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:54 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baggage limit ?

Is the baggage limit still 40kgs per person when you fly out on a migrant visa ? Or have they stopped it
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:58 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Baggage limit ?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Is the baggage limit still 40kgs per person when you fly out on a migrant visa ? Or have they stopped it
I think that it depends on who you fly with. Went into the holiday hypermarket the other day for a nosey and they quoted 64kg per person, shared between 2 cases with New Zealand airlines if you fly via L.A. Maybe someone on here has already flown with them.
Try doing a search in this forum.

Neil
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Depends on who you fly with. Its upto the airline if they give this allowance, and alot dont. Singapore will give you 40Kgs if you have a permanent visa. Just confirmed that we them this week. You will have to contact the airline you fly with, to understand their conditions.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:02 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Baggage limit ?

Originally Posted by neil.b
I think that it depends on who you fly with. Went into the holiday hypermarket the other day for a nosey and they quoted 64kg per person, shared between 2 cases with New Zealand airlines if you fly via L.A. Maybe someone on here has already flown with them.
Try doing a search in this forum.

Neil
hi
it depends on which way you travel. if you fly via the eastern hemisphere (via the far east, i.e singapore airlines), it is 40kg per person. if you fly via the western hemisphere (via the pacific/usa, ie. air new zealand), it's the piece system, 2 pieces per person, total 64kg.

i know this because i have worked in the travel industry for nearly 20 years.

hope this clears up the confusion.

regards

michelle
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:09 pm

Wow you really do learn something new almost everyday 64kgs is loads !!!!!
Most bags need to be a max of 32kgs or some baggage guys wont lift it so even for 40kgs would need 2 bags anyhoo think 40 would be enough for us . thanks all
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

The question is...what to take?? I was thinking the other day, what is needed when you first arrive rather than buying extra bits when you get over there?? Take... Bedding, towels, beach towels.....

Cheers for the karma, will return as soon as poss

Sue x
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sue2
The question is...what to take?? I was thinking the other day, what is needed when you first arrive rather than buying extra bits when you get over there?? Take... Bedding, towels, beach towels.....

Cheers for the karma, will return as soon as poss

Sue x
Sue,
If you get 40Kg each allowance, then thats alot of clothes to take. Were a family of 4 so 160Kg of clothes is im sure enough for my Wifes clothes and shoes. I believe that we will have enough allowance to pack bed linen at least, and more toys for the kids. Weve have already brought a huge travel bag from Argus 121L size for £9.99. This is cheap, and packed it with all the kids clothes to see if it all fits, and it does with room to spare. Start thinking about all the clothes and shoes you are going to to take, pack them up and see what allowance you have left. If you have loads left, pack everything that is not nailed down. Shame to waste the allowance
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:02 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

I heard a few people saying Nike do some really good light but strong luggage with handles and wheels etc, am going to see if the Niketown home delivery service can sort me out with a couple of bags
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Sue,
If you get 40Kg each allowance, then thats alot of clothes to take. Were a family of 4 so 160Kg of clothes is im sure enough for my Wifes clothes and shoes. I believe that we will have enough allowance to pack bed linen at least, and more toys for the kids. Weve have already brought a huge travel bag from Argus 121L size for £9.99. This is cheap, and packed it with all the kids clothes to see if it all fits, and it does with room to spare. Start thinking about all the clothes and shoes you are going to to take, pack them up and see what allowance you have left. If you have loads left, pack everything that is not nailed down. Shame to waste the allowance

Thanks its funny I was just looking through the Argos book at bags n stuff thats a very good price. I`ve had a good sort out so have got an idea on the clothes that we`ll take.

Sue
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:11 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Just a warning re: luggage from Argos - my partner bought a HUGE bag with wheels & a handle for £19.99 - seemed like a really good deal.

Our first stopover (Detroit, USA)- got off the plane, picked up the luggage, he went to pull out the handle so he could wheel it (it was much too heavy to lift)... and the handle broke! Had to manage to pull the bag along without the handle (not easy) He managed to "fix" the handle with duct tape, so it was somewhat useable, but hard to raise and lower.

Second stopover (New Orleans, USA) - got off the plane, picked up the luggage... the plastic on the bottom of the bag (keeping the bottom rigid) was in bits. Not too much off a problem, just annoying.

Third stopover (Sydney) - got off the plane, picked up the luggage... one of the two wheels was missing. By the time we managed to get between the airport, our accomodation, & back there was quite a large hole starting where the wheel had been, from us dragging the bag (the only way it was moveable!).

Destination (Perth) - got off the plane, picked up the luggage... THANK GOD the bag was still in one piece, contents intact!!!!!! (I had spent the whole flight worrying).

Morale of the story: you get what you pay for, & watch out for Argos bags!!!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

As far as I know it depends on wether or not you have validated your visas or not. Tim and I had so we were just allowed 40kg between us, but the airline said they would overlook 5kg each so we were able to take 50kg each.
We were just on the limit.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:13 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it also depends on what class you fly as to the allowance
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It varies from airline to airlime, and whatever you do, don't assume you have the extra unless it is stated on your ticket or you have it in writing from the airline themselves.
Search carefully and there are horror stories on here of people who assumed they had the extra, but didn't check, and then had to unpack at the airport.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by baconmaster
I heard a few people saying Nike do some really good light but strong luggage with handles and wheels etc, am going to see if the Niketown home delivery service can sort me out with a couple of bags
Yeah just do it
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by KatieStar
As far as I know it depends on wether or not you have validated your visas or not. Tim and I had so we were just allowed 40kg between us, but the airline said they would overlook 5kg each so we were able to take 50kg each.
We were just on the limit.
I flew back from sydney 2 years ago and bag was 32.5kgs but only alowed 20kgs , but lucky me got a guy at the desk who had just come on shift and was in a good mood and didnt charge any extra It also pays to be over nice to the people at checkin me thinks.
That was with thai air not a bad air line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.