Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baggage Allowances: Cathay Pacific

Baggage Allowances: Cathay Pacific

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baggage Allowances: Cathay Pacific

I may well sound like a fool but I am going to ask anyway I looked on Cathay's website and I can't see anything on there about the number of bags you can check in for the hold only that the weight restriction is 20 kilos, does anyone know for definate whether there's a limit on the number of bags ?

Help appreciated thanks all.

Lori
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:38 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baggage Allowances: Cathay Pacific

We're flying Cathay in November and were told that if we faxed a copy of our visas to ebookers (booked tickets with them) then they would forward to the airline who would then give us an allowance of 40kgs.

Apparently the airline will only give the allowance once so need to see that you visa hasn't been stamped already.

Hope this helps.

TOB

Originally Posted by Lori&Andy
I may well sound like a fool but I am going to ask anyway I looked on Cathay's website and I can't see anything on there about the number of bags you can check in for the hold only that the weight restriction is 20 kilos, does anyone know for definate whether there's a limit on the number of bags ?

Help appreciated thanks all.

Lori
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks TOB, we are doing a 4 night stopover in HK so we have been told by Cathay the baggage allowance extension isn't allowed unfortunately. Hope you have a great flight in November best of luck and thanks again.

Lori
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 11:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TOB, we are doing a 4 night stopover in HK so we have been told by Cathay the baggage allowance extension isn't allowed unfortunately. Hope you have a great flight in November best of luck and thanks again.

Lori
I'm sure this has come up before. Just because you are stopping over in HK shouldn't stop you getting the extra allowance - you are still emigrating
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:41 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Lori
Way back in June, when I was booking our one-ways to come out here, Cathay told me that the immigrants' extra baggage allowance had been discontinued (and I was buying Biz class tickets, as well, so was not at all pleased )

Needless to say, we flew with someone else.

FWIW, Air NZ, Malaysia & Thai all offer extra baggage allowance in coach & business classes. With Air NZ, you have to fly via the US, and will almost certainly (depends on how paranoid they are about secruity at any given time) have to pick up all your bags on landing in the US and clear them thru US customs, even if a transit passenger. At LAX especially, this is NOT a pleasant experience......

Anya.