Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance for temp migrants

Baggage allowance for temp migrants

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future
Default Baggage allowance for temp migrants

Hi
I have read lots of threads with regard to the double baggage allowance that some airlines give for those on PR visas to Oz.

Has anyone got this additional allowance by travelling to Oz on a long stay temp visa (457)? And if so, who with?

Singapore Airlines don't want to know if the visa doesn't say 'Stay indefinitelyin Australia' although I think a minimium of 4 years could be called 'indefinitely' in most peoples books, given that the majority of temp visa holders end up appling for PR once in Oz.

regards
Nick
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sharpy67,
Though we have PR visas, my parents are coming on a retirement visa which lasts for 4 years and doesnt class them as residents. We've booked with Singapore and have an e-mail and a letter (which we requested to be sure) confirming that we will all have extra baggage. We have clearly told them that they dont have the required words in their visa but they havnt asked to check them but have agreed to it anyway.
I think it depends who you speak to!