Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baggage Allowance Singapore airlines

Baggage Allowance Singapore airlines

Old May 26th 2004, 6:23 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Baggage Allowance Singapore airlines

Just thought i would let peolpe know who may not know that the baggage allowance with singapore airlines is 40kg per person if your travelling to Australia for the FIRST time.
E mailed them and they said as long as we have migration visas in our passports they will allow us the extra 20kg.

Darren.

Last edited by Darren&Leanne; May 26th 2004 at 6:38 pm.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Darren that is if you have not travelled on the visa before, we validated first and when we fly this time we're only allowed 20kg

Terry
Old May 26th 2004, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We are flying with quantas in July and we are only allowed kg aswell. We did try to go with Singapore but we couldn't get the date we wanted. July flights are booking up really fast, we wanted 19th July but it was either the 15th or 28th. We chose 15th.

Hope they are ok.

Mandy
Old May 26th 2004, 6:40 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Terry
Darren that is if you have not travelled on the visa before, we validated first and when we fly this time we're only allowed 20kg

Terry
Cheers.
Just ammended it.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:40 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you still aloud to have the extra baggage allowance if you have a return flight but have the migrant visa ???

Basically were booking the return 1 year later so we can come back for a holiday.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

to be sure I would email flight operator
Old May 26th 2004, 8:34 pm
PommieLeague

Even when i was on a working holiday visa i was still allowed about 30KG with Singapore! So where does this 20KG come from?

Old May 26th 2004, 9:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

20kg is the usual stated allowance, most airlines let you go up to 27-30, its at the discretion of the check-in staff and a lot depends on the load on that particular flight.......which is one reason why domestic fligths are usually stricter, as they work on close-to
fully-loaded for every flight.

the double allowance is available with other airlines at their discretion, write to them about it. Usually only on an unvalidated permanent visa and on a one-way ticket.

Do a search on the forum, its been discussed to death in the past!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 9:15 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Terry
Terry

You could get SQ to give you a higher allowance. A few phone calls would normally do the trick, although it can get quite frustrating.

I got 40kg after a few phone calls despite having validated earlier and holding a return ticket.

Peter
Old May 26th 2004, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Peter I will give it a try.

Terry
Old May 26th 2004, 9:54 pm
PommieLeague

Originally posted by ptlabs
Terry

You could get SQ to give you a higher allowance. A few phone calls would normally do the trick, although it can get quite frustrating.

I got 40kg after a few phone calls despite having validated earlier and holding a return ticket.

Peter
Do you have a phone number/section to call? Thanks

Old May 27th 2004, 9:55 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lathlain
Do you have a phone number/section to call? Thanks
You may have to contact your ticketing agent if you went through one. SIA didn't want to talk to me directly since I used a travel agent to book my return tickets. I got pretty pissed off at SIA for that, really.

Peter