Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

baggage allowance from Oz to UK

baggage allowance from Oz to UK

Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:55 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default baggage allowance from Oz to UK

Just wondering if you were heading to UK on a one way ticket whether you could get extra baggage allowance with the airlines?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: baggage allowance from Oz to UK

Some airlines will give you 40KG if you haven't validated your visa yet. If you go through America I think this is increased to 47. You will need to email the airline first. If you do a search there are lots of threads on this.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:59 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Some airlines will give you 40KG if you haven't validated your visa yet. If you go through America I think this is increased to 47. You will need to email the airline first. If you do a search there are lots of threads on this.
sorry i think you've read the thread wrong

All ready in Oz with visa
was just wondering if you buy a one way ticket to UK do any of the airlines offer you larger baggage allowance or would it be the bog standard 20KG
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:12 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
Just wondering if you were heading to UK on a one way ticket whether you could get extra baggage allowance with the airlines?
Are you going back Sam?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:14 am
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by herrchook
Are you going back Sam?
no, yeah, maybe, sort of, possible, thinking about it, no i'm staying here, nope i'm not, shall i!!????

does that explain
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:25 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Fly via the USA and get 46kg each.

Buzzy
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:30 am
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Fly via the USA and get 46kg each.

Buzzy
cool thanks for that!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
cool thanks for that!
Might be worth asking on the UK forum too - lots of them have gone back recently and someone is bound to have asked airlines about it
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:51 am
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Might be worth asking on the UK forum too - lots of them have gone back recently and someone is bound to have asked airlines about it
Thanks Poll

Want to come with me
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:59 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
20kg via the east, 2 pieces via the pacific (usa way)/ they dont give a monkeys on the visa thing, so no bearing on the matter.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:02 am
Sam
here and staying

thanks everyone

Not heading back to eliviate all those with worries, but will be heading that way next year for my bro's wedding

I thought if i get one way tickets i could take more shit back with me

But obviously not!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:07 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
thanks everyone

Not heading back to eliviate all those with worries, but will be heading that way next year for my bro's wedding

But obviously not!
sorry, wish it was that easy
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
Thanks Poll

Want to come with me
Going in February

have to come back three weeks later
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:09 am
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Going in February

have to come back three weeks later

Cool

Lucky you... got to wait for Oct!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Sam
thanks everyone

But obviously not!
If you're going at around the same time and you can get your gear to Brisbane, then I can take it over to Bristol for you....probably totally the wrong place, but the thought is there

Edited - I see you have to wait till October, so probably not a very useful offer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.