Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

baggage allowance to oz!

baggage allowance to oz!

Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:29 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all
Default baggage allowance to oz!

hi just wondered if anyone culd tell me which is the best airline to go with to oz with regards to baggage allowance....i'm going out there on e457 am then gonna apply for pr at a later point so i'm gonna need to take quite a bit of luggage with us....do you know any airlines that have a larger limit and at a not too bad a cost?

cheers
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: baggage allowance to oz!

Originally Posted by nursekaty
hi just wondered if anyone culd tell me which is the best airline to go with to oz with regards to baggage allowance....i'm going out there on e457 am then gonna apply for pr at a later point so i'm gonna need to take quite a bit of luggage with us....do you know any airlines that have a larger limit and at a not too bad a cost?

cheers
There are already many threads on this so it may be worth using the search function.

Singapore Air are the easiest to get the double baggage allowance (40kg) with, I think you only need to turn up at the airport with an unused permanent visa and they will allow it. You have to be on a one way flight though with no stop overs and it has to be a permanent visa!

Emirates also do the double baggage allowance but you have to show them the visa in your passport when you book the tickets.

If you're going on an e457 visa then I don't think you will be allowed the extra baggage.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:03 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nursekaty

cheers
United Airlines and Air New Zealand are by far the best airlines with regard to baggage allowance. They both fly through the US instead of Asia, so you can take advantage of the 64 kg baggage allowance that this route offers.

It doesn't take much to realise that a 64 kg standard allowance is still much more than a 40 kg expanded allowance that you may not get anyway.

S
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
United Airlines and Air New Zealand are by far the best airlines with regard to baggage allowance. They both fly through the US instead of Asia, so you can take advantage of the 64 kg baggage allowance that this route offers.

It doesn't take much to realise that a 64 kg standard allowance is still much more than a 40 kg expanded allowance that you may not get anyway.

S
I think Air New Zealand only do 46kg as they have a "two piece" system where you can check 2 bags per passenger and each bag can be up to 23kg. That's what their website says and that's the conditions we got with out tickets.
Still more than the expanded allowance though!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:11 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon and alex
I think Air New Zealand only do 46kg as they have a "two piece" system where you can check 2 bags per passenger and each bag can be up to 23kg. That's what their website says and that's the conditions we got with out tickets.
That's correct. It was reduced from 64kg last year. It's not an issue though - have you ever tried the practicalities of carrying 4 x 32kg cases through customs etc !!!!

Buzzy
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon and alex
I flew LAX - MEL - LAX (Y class) last August with Air NZ, was allowed a max of 2 x 70lbs each way.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That's correct. It was reduced from 64kg last year. It's not an issue though - have you ever tried the practicalities of carrying 4 x 32kg cases through customs etc !!!!

Buzzy
Yep - it's bloody painful!