Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance

Baggage allowance

Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future
Default Baggage allowance

Hi all,

Looking at booking flights for june. Just wondering how those who have already done it went about finding out how to get extra baggage allowance?
And if any airlines had good deals on one way tickets

Cheers Biddy
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggage allowance

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
Hi all,

Looking at booking flights for june. Just wondering how those who have already done it went about finding out how to get extra baggage allowance?

Cheers Biddy
The only airlines that generally give an extra allowance are Singapore and Emirates. Only on an unvalidated PR visa.
If you look through the forum over the last few days there are several threads about this very subject - should find some answers there
Old Dec 8th 2007, 6:53 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers Biddy
Fly via the USA and get 46kg each. You don't have to fly via Asia just cos everyone else does.

Buzzy
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

And if you have validated your visa then the allowance is about 20kg each case if you fly via Asia (although we were told it's actually up to 25kg at the airport).

Karen
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:13 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

We fly with Singapore Airlines end of Jan with an unvalidated visa, 40Kgs each. Flight one way is £1100.

I found it quite bizarre that the cost of the taxes for our little'un was nearly 3times as much as the cost of his ticket which was only £37!!!!:curse:
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:02 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Fly via the USA and get 46kg each. You don't have to fly via Asia just cos everyone else does.

Buzzy
The Yanks giving you 10% commision to flog the good ol' US of A?
Old Dec 9th 2007, 2:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
The Yanks giving you 10% commision to flog the good ol' US of A?
50% actually.

Buzzy
Old Dec 9th 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy
Thanks buzzy I'll look into that. My uncle stays in LA so might look at a stop over.
Emirates are the only one who go via asia that leave from Glasgow so does anyone know what there allowance is?

Cheers Biddy
Old Dec 9th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

HI Biddy,

Emirates also give the 40KG but you will need to email them in advance.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
HI Biddy,

And as I said above, you normally need an unvalidated visa for permanent residency.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And as I said above, you normally need an unvalidated visa for permanent residency.
I've just seen the other threads about baggage allowance with SIA, I'm going on a reccie in Jan to validate my PR visa and didn't realise it meant I wouldnt get the 40kg allowance when I finally go

Does goig via USA give you the extra allowance as standard or will I not get that extra allowance either because I will have validated my visa?

Cheers,
WW
Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:52 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
I've just seen the other threads about baggage allowance with SIA, I'm going on a reccie in Jan to validate my PR visa and didn't realise it meant I wouldnt get the 40kg allowance when I finally go

Does goig via USA give you the extra allowance as standard or will I not get that extra allowance either because I will have validated my visa?

Cheers,
WW
The US allowance isn't linked to your visa, but do check with your airline before booking, and again before you fly, just in case.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mairead
HI Biddy,

Thanks, Do you have to tell them when booking tickets or sometime before you go?

We will be traveling on unvalidated visa.

We would have to get connecting flights with other airlines to use Singapore and they only let you travel in a party of 4 when doing this (5 of us)so it looks like Emirates wins.

Cheers Biddy
Old Dec 9th 2007, 8:34 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks, Do you have to tell them when booking tickets or sometime before you go?

We will be traveling on unvalidated visa.

We would have to get connecting flights with other airlines to use Singapore and they only let you travel in a party of 4 when doing this (5 of us)so it looks like Emirates wins.

Cheers Biddy
That doesn't make sense - how can they stop 5 people travelling togetherr? Plenty of families of 5 on here. If you have a travel agent that says you can't transfer from connecting flights to SIA because there are 5 of you then I think they need to get some more training!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That doesn't make sense - how can they stop 5 people travelling togetherr? Plenty of families of 5 on here. If you have a travel agent that says you can't transfer from connecting flights to SIA because there are 5 of you then I think they need to get some more training!
It's sad but true, when booking online with them because they would have to book a connecting flight with another airline they limit the number to 4. So I would have to make two bookings, one for a party of 3 and another for 2. Too much hassle if you ask me just to have an extra flight to Heathrow only to spend hours waiting for a connection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.