Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Badminton racquet

Badminton racquet

Old May 8th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Badminton racquet

Strange question but I am investigating buying a badminton racquet before leaving UK vs getting to Aus and want to compare prices. Can anyone suggest some popular stores that would sell badminton racquets in Brisbane please? Thanks in advance
Old May 8th 2006, 11:05 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Badminton racquet

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Strange question but I am investigating buying a badminton racquet before leaving UK vs getting to Aus and want to compare prices. Can anyone suggest some popular stores that would sell badminton racquets in Brisbane please? Thanks in advance
The only major sports store that jumps to mind is rebel sport. Badminton doesn't even get a mention in their catatgories afai can see, but a search reveals a choice of 8 racquets, 2 brands. Not great, at least it's a start.
Old May 9th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Hi Sparkley

I'm not in Brisbane,so can't help with the shops there, but I think it depends what racket you prefer to play with. I am finding it quite hard find Carlton rackets. Yonex seems to be freely available, just check out ebay.com.au. Also just doing a quick search I found this site: www.topserve.com.au/badminton.htm

I have not checked the prices, but personally I wish I had bought a new Carlton before coming out. Will get someone to bring a new one when they come out on holiday!

Try http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Racketworld. I know a lot of people who have bought rackets from here and they are a really good price.

Hope this helps.

Big Bird
Old May 9th 2006, 7:00 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

We get Rowe and Jarman over here which is a sports shop in most major shopping centres, they definitely had loads of racquets over here when I got a squash racket last year.
Old May 9th 2006, 12:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody roosters make helluva comotion where we are too mate
Old May 9th 2006, 1:27 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

You've just reminded me of something I wanted to post ages ago but forgot all about. I can't find any badminton clubs anywhere in Perth. In fact I've given up looking and started playing footie (PROPER FOOTIE).

Badminton seems to be a sport that just doesn't feature, don't know why, but if anyone knows anywhere between Hillarys and Freo where I can get a game give me a shout.

SZ
Old May 10th 2006, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by webgum
You've just reminded me of something I wanted to post ages ago but forgot all about. I can't find any badminton clubs anywhere in Perth. In fact I've given up looking and started playing footie (PROPER FOOTIE).

Badminton seems to be a sport that just doesn't feature, don't know why, but if anyone knows anywhere between Hillarys and Freo where I can get a game give me a shout.

SZ
I had the same problem at first finding a club, but went onto the badminton association website and emailed the nearest affiliated club. Playing my first match in 6 months tonight, so it should be a challenge!!!!.

Just looked up Western Australia web sites, these may help.

http://www.badmintonwa.org.au/

http://badminton.org.au//Associations/Wa.htm

Good luck

Big Bird
Old May 10th 2006, 2:10 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum

SZ
I had the same prob when we first came, after playing for about 10yrs in the UK I wanted to try and carry on but there was just nothing anywhere local, I seem to remember finding some place up in Balcatta which was about the nearest to CB.
I never made it up there....
There's a few more squash clubs around, did that for about a year and then my ankle started playing up....
If you discover anywhere more local let me know, as I could be forced out of retirement when those new years resolutions come round again
Steve
Old May 10th 2006, 2:23 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

You could also try a-mart all sports who according to the web page have a badminton section but no product info.

http://www.amartallsports.com.au/

TT

Old May 10th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

rarejunk_in is an unknown quantity at this point

There are many Badminton clubs in SYdney... You usually can walk in , pay 5 dollars and play couple of hours.

I would prefer to get my Racquets from Singapore or Malaysia, would be very cheap.
Old May 10th 2006, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Wishfool is on a distinguished road

The Brisbane Badminton Association website suggests they retail Ashaway, Carlton or Yonex racquets...
http://www.brisbanebadminton.org/Mod....asp?pageid=98

Other than that the major sports shops over here are Rebel Sports and A-Mart Allsports.
Old May 10th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all your ideas. Def think I will wait till I get to Oz as I don't seem much more expensive. One less thing to carry!