Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Badger's Australia Part 5 Raffles!!

Badger's Australia Part 5 Raffles!!

Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:58 am
Badge

Default Badger's Australia Part 5 Raffles!!

Some of you may remember my "Badger's Australia" series...

For my next part, right I'm organising a Christmas raffle...

First Prize:

Rain Water tank

Second Prize:

Pokie Tickets

Third Prize:

Chook

Does anyone know anyone who has WON a rain tank. Lucky buggers, eh.

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Badgers, if you have a chook theres gotta be a chook wheel! Cant have a chook as a prize in anything unless theres a wheel involved .

Actually now I think about it where has Mr January disappeared off to? Havent seen any of his posts for days
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:07 am
tennisoz

Default Re: Badger's Australia Part 5 Raffles!!

Originally posted by badgersmount
Some of you may remember my "Badger's Australia" series...

For my next part, right I'm organising a Christmas raffle...

First Prize:

Rain Water tank

Second Prize:

Pokie Tickets

Third Prize:

Chook

Does anyone know anyone who has WON a rain tank. Lucky buggers, eh.
The chook was first prize in most raffles I participated in

TennisOz

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:07 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Are we talking rotary or lions club?

Im very particular about the kind of raffle i attend
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:08 am
Badge

That's the go! knew there was a "presentation" with the chook but couldn't remember the, er, 'terminology'.

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:10 am
tennisoz

And on a serious note with the drought and all that I bet a lot of farmers and people in rural areas would be grateful of winning a rain water tank because they couldn't afford it on their low incomes. Be careful when you 'extract the urine' Badge.

TennisOz

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:13 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by tennisoz
And on a serious note with the drought and all that I bet a lot of farmers and people in rural areas would be grateful of winning a rain water tank because they couldn't afford it on their low incomes. Be careful when you 'extract the urine' Badge.

TennisOz
Drinking rainwater was somthing that never occured to me until i went to mount gambier. Most houses have RW tanks as the drinking water source, as its alot softer than the local town water (its a limestone area). It actually tastes pretty nice!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:20 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by PeteY
Drinking rainwater was somthing that never occured to me until i went to mount gambier. Most houses have RW tanks as the drinking water source, as its alot softer than the local town water (its a limestone area). It actually tastes pretty nice!
Yeah, drinking rainwater out of a tank as opposed to drinking rainwater out of a reservoir. I know what you mean

TennisOz

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

TennisOz

Your statement is taking the piss.

Sottm
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:23 am
A Male Member

Yeah, drinking rainwater out of a tank as opposed to drinking rainwater out of a reservoir. I know what you mean

TennisOz
Hmmm, do i detect a hint of sarcasm there Mr T ??

In MG at least, the water has percolated through a heck of alot of Limestone, giving the water a high pH and a high hardness. Its not very tasty either :P

In any case, probably 99% of water in a reservoir is either runoff, or groundwater, and will have picked up various minerals on its journey to the reservoir.

So there!! :P
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:26 am
Badge

TennisOz
absolutely mate. Its where I got the idea from, reality. This post is not about humour - its presenting the little realities of Australia - warts and all - my previous posts showed WB utes etc. Of course many knockers of Straya will denegrade the qualities of chooks and rain tanks as prizes claiming it is 'backward'. But I think its great hence the post!

cheers

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:26 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by scottm
Your statement is taking the piss.

Sottm
No I'm not, it was intended to be a serious point. Rain water tanks are not a laughing matter in many parts of Australia is all I'm saying.

TennisOz

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:29 am
Badge

TennisOz is a great bloke BTW and I don't think he's taking the piss. Couldn't have said it better myself. The reality is that rain water tanks are what every home in the world should have and is the first thing you build in a survival situation after escaping danger.

I was out in walgettshire on a property and the whole farm was a parched moonscape. Very sad.

My post was about reality; and those of us that have experienced them will remember with a degree of - can't remember the word now(!).

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Nov 5th 2003 at 9:33 am.

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:30 am
WBB

would not like to drink the rain water from where i live here, what with us being he second most polluted town in the UK you would probably die within a week.

Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:32 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by welshboybilly
would not like to drink the rain water from where i live here, what with us being he second most polluted town in the UK you would probably die within a week.

Might be a good way to suppliment the iron in your diet though eh Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.