Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad Times for Bundy

Bad Times for Bundy

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:52 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry for you Bundy... just when things seem to be going well. Keeping fingers crossed for your mum tomorrow. Be strong for her.

Sending you positive vibes

Theresa
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your mum Bundy......my thoughts are with you. Hope all turns out OK.
Kris x
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bad Times for Bundy

Originally posted by bundy
Hello All,

Well, I'm having the week from hell and, since I shall be disappearing for stretches at a time, I thought I'd fill you lot in and plea for moral support. Where do I start?

My boss made us wait until it was snowing hard on Wednesday before allowing us to go home. Driving back along country roads in a blizzard, I hit a patch of black ice and went off the road and into a tree (despite all the cold weather driving taught by my dad. Grrr). As I was going at about 2 mph at the time, the impact was slow, but I managed pretty much to wreck my car, and bump my head. Then spent 5 hours in arctic conditions on a country road waiting for the RAC man to collect the car and take me home. Long story short - despite my sleeping bag, six jumpers, hat and gloves, I ended up with mild hypothermia and slight concussion (and a dead car).

Little did I know that much worse was to come....

On Thursday morning, my dad phoned to say that it looks like my mum has cancer. Totally out of the blue. Bombshell. Gobsmacked. It's not been confirmed - that joy awaits on Tuesday - but my dad is falling to pieces and nobody is coping very well.

So I got up at 4am this morning to battle down to London to catch a flight to Jersey so that I can do my best to help my parents. My mum seems to be okay (it was a fluke they found anything - she only went for an x-ray on her dicky neck) but my dad is distraught and I'm frantically relaying messages to my brothers and other family members. Mr Bundy is stuck back in Cambridge and I'm a soul somewhat adrift.

So there we have it. And to think I was worrying about the washing machine at the beginning of the week! Makes you think...My visa is, of course, on hold and who knows for how long? Hardly seems to matter anymore.

Anyway, that's the story and that's why I'll be disappearing a bit. But I know the power of this forum to boost the morale of those in difficulties, and I thought some of you might wonder where I'd gone.

Chin up, Bundy....but it's not that easy...

Hello Dear .........I got up this morning thinking about you......thats all...........
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:57 pm
Go Banana's !!

Good luck for tommorrow.......

Jilla and Warren

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again for all your posts...I really look forward to logging on her in the evenings and it gives me the boost I need at the end of the difficult days. My parents had a bad (sleepless) night last night and my dad has been wobbling all day, but we're still just waiting for those test results tomorrow. Think of us at 9.45am tomorrow (Tuesday)....

More worried about the weird bone abnormalities shown on her xrays than anything else. My dad is in a total state despite ramming down the happy pills! He can't even say the word 'blood' so getting him to the hosp tomorrow to go in with my mum for her results will be a major undertaking. My mum seems fine. I'm fine, just tired.

Had to laugh today though - I've been trying to sort out my poor crumpled car and the RAC informed me that they had, erm, lost it. It was supposed to be going up to Norfolk on Weds, but it's not arrived. They cheerfully reassured me that they've found a car that matches the description so they're taking that car to Norfolk. i couldn't care less - least of my worries and, since my decrepit banger was only insured for third party fire and theft, I'm secretly hoping the RAC have lost it and I can claim for a new one!

So life goes on...

Any news on that *@$* visa yet, WBB???!!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:53 pm
WBB

Thanks once again for all your posts...I really look forward to logging on her in the evenings and it gives me the boost I need at the end of the difficult days. My parents had a bad (sleepless) night last night and my dad has been wobbling all day, but we're still just waiting for those test results tomorrow. Think of us at 9.45am tomorrow (Tuesday)....

More worried about the weird bone abnormalities shown on her xrays than anything else. My dad is in a total state despite ramming down the happy pills! He can't even say the word 'blood' so getting him to the hosp tomorrow to go in with my mum for her results will be a major undertaking. My mum seems fine. I'm fine, just tired.

Had to laugh today though - I've been trying to sort out my poor crumpled car and the RAC informed me that they had, erm, lost it. It was supposed to be going up to Norfolk on Weds, but it's not arrived. They cheerfully reassured me that they've found a car that matches the description so they're taking that car to Norfolk. i couldn't care less - least of my worries and, since my decrepit banger was only insured for third party fire and theft, I'm secretly hoping the RAC have lost it and I can claim for a new one!

So life goes on...

visa's seems so unimportant at times like this eh?

we will be thinking of you tomorrow as we have for the last few days, fingers crossed for you bundster.

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

So life goes on...

Hi Bundy
only just read your post as i wasnt' on all weekend,
just wanted to say that my thoughts are with you and your family mate and i will be thinking of you tomorrow morning with everything crossed
take care
rach x
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
visa's seems so unimportant at times like this eh?

we will be thinking of you tomorrow as we have for the last few days, fingers crossed for you bundster.

Well,
my visa is unimportant at the moment, but life goes on regardless and I still keep wondering about yours!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:22 pm
WBB

Well,
my visa is unimportant at the moment, but life goes on regardless and I still keep wondering about yours!
i have still not heard owt, i am going to give them a ring wednesday morning.

lets hope by then you will be able to give us some good news too.

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

sorry to hear of your news, keep your chin up and good luck for tomorrow

xxx
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

steve & dee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default stressful times!!!

Hi, I'm still new to this posting thing but I do know what you are going through. My own mother had a massive heart attack in nov. just gone, the worry is unbelivable, I definetly aged a few years. I have a big family, but I tend to be one of the stronger ones, so along with your own worry you have the pressure of supporting every one else. My mam is back in hospital & doesnt seem to be getting better but we still went ahead with the visa app. & we just have to wait & see what will happen then. Yet you are torn between worrying about the damn visa & totally shattered worrying about your mam & dad. Please God all will be well. All I can say is the doc's did not expect my mam to make it, yet she was up on the dance floor at my sisters wedding just after new years. So whatever the doctors say remember a strong will & a little bit of fight go a long way. deirdre
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:42 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Think of us at 9.45am tomorrow (Tuesday)....
definetly. 10.45 for me. fingers crossed

take care
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:12 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

After reading all that there's doesn't seem anything more to add.
Although I am not very religious, I certainly will be praying for you and your family.

I had a similar scar with my mum, after her having bronchitis for 6 months and her being a heavy smoker they sent her for chest xrays. I was certain it was cancer as that is what her mum and her eldest brother died of, lung cancer. Lots of tears over Christmas etc. Anyway the results came back and she had all clear but it did give her a scare that she is trying to give up smoking.

Try to be strong for your wee brother, Dad and your Mum.

Praying for a positive outcome

Joanne
xx
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enoughWaltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enough

I dont post often but after reading your post I really felt for you. Ill be thinking of you, your mum and your family tomorrow. Also will have everything crossed for good news. Big (((((Hugs)))) Matilda xx
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Bundy i am sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment , and best wishes to your mum and dad , chin up xxxxxx
Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.