Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad Times for Bundy

Bad Times for Bundy

Old Feb 1st 2004, 10:25 am
Go Banana's !!

Just come back from a night away and read your post.

We would just like to add our support onto the ever growing list of people who are thinking of you. I was worried (Jill) that something awful had happened at work , as we hadn't heard from you for a while.............not this.

Look after yourself, eat well and sleep if you can (Mrs Practical here).

Thinking of you

Jill and Warren.

Old Feb 1st 2004, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear your news bundy, hope your mum gets a good result on tuesday. Thinking of you

Lany
Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about you mum Bundy, I too am having a very worrying time with mine, not sure if you read my post about her having a stroke, then another in hospital, not doing too good at the moment, she wants to go back to hospital shes had enough, i spoke to her yesterday and shes very frail, and losing alot of weight, more tests to come, but being here in Oz sure makes things hard, my first reaction was to go home, but my dad didn't want me too as it would unsettle mum when i left again, but now im on standby to fly back if the results are not good,

it's hard but keep you chin up, and be strong, my thoughts are with you

Yve
Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hi bundy

our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. I have had breast cancer so have some idea of what's going on for you right now. If you ever want to chat, feel free to send me a PM.

lots of love

sophia xx
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:29 pm
earlswood

Hi bundy,

So sorry

Good luck for Tuesday, and all of the above.

Anita

Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:45 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by earlswood
Hi bundy,

So sorry

Good luck for Tuesday, and all of the above.

Anita
Hi Bundy,

I don't post much but always enjoy reading your threads. I'm really sorry about your news I lost my mum to cancer 13 years ago, but things have really advanced since then. My sister is a radiographer so if you want any advice or have any questions from that side I'd be happy to try and help you.

As hard as it is positivity is the best way to go.

Good Luck

Bryony
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:15 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Times for Bundy

Originally posted by bundy
Hello All,

Well, I'm having the week from hell and, since I shall be disappearing for stretches at a time, I thought I'd fill you lot in and plea for moral support. Where do I start?

My boss made us wait until it was snowing hard on Wednesday before allowing us to go home. Driving back along country roads in a blizzard, I hit a patch of black ice and went off the road and into a tree (despite all the cold weather driving taught by my dad. Grrr). As I was going at about 2 mph at the time, the impact was slow, but I managed pretty much to wreck my car, and bump my head. Then spent 5 hours in arctic conditions on a country road waiting for the RAC man to collect the car and take me home. Long story short - despite my sleeping bag, six jumpers, hat and gloves, I ended up with mild hypothermia and slight concussion (and a dead car).

Little did I know that much worse was to come....

On Thursday morning, my dad phoned to say that it looks like my mum has cancer. Totally out of the blue. Bombshell. Gobsmacked. It's not been confirmed - that joy awaits on Tuesday - but my dad is falling to pieces and nobody is coping very well.

So I got up at 4am this morning to battle down to London to catch a flight to Jersey so that I can do my best to help my parents. My mum seems to be okay (it was a fluke they found anything - she only went for an x-ray on her dicky neck) but my dad is distraught and I'm frantically relaying messages to my brothers and other family members. Mr Bundy is stuck back in Cambridge and I'm a soul somewhat adrift.

So there we have it. And to think I was worrying about the washing machine at the beginning of the week! Makes you think...My visa is, of course, on hold and who knows for how long? Hardly seems to matter anymore.

Anyway, that's the story and that's why I'll be disappearing a bit. But I know the power of this forum to boost the morale of those in difficulties, and I thought some of you might wonder where I'd gone.

Chin up, Bundy....but it's not that easy...

SHIT with a capital SHH

Thats a crap week Bundy and hits home the reality of unpredictability .

I hope your mums gonna be ok, we had similar scare a couple of weeks back, and you start talking to yourself within your head, i did anyway, and had both conversations, was a tad worrying... ur life seems to show some balance and then just when you think , hell im in control.................... WHACK !

Well things when they are bad do get better TRUST me and something good will come of all this..

God bless xxxxxxxxxx steve n debs
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Where would I be without you lot? Thanks so very much for all your kind thoughts and advice...I can't reply to you all (internet access in Jersey is about as good as it is in the Aussie bush!) but all this really is helping me more than you'll know. Thanks for all the PMs too - I'll get round to those in a moment.

Nothing changes yet. Just getting my head around all this and fielding the endless phonecalls. The hardest thing is explaining all this to my younger brother who, although just 21, has no experience of anything like this and it's hit him hard.

We're all keeping positive - well, as much as we can - but working through the shock and preparing for all outcomes is the hardest bit.

I should hear more about the car tomorrow, although all that seems like it happened in another lifetime....hardly my top concern!

Mr Bundy really wants to be here too, but there are practicalities to consider. he can't drop work as easily as I can, and, as much as it pains me to say this, we can't really afford the flights etc etc, especially as I may need to keep coming and going and flying to Jersey isn't all that cheap. I'm using up holiday time and compassionate leave, but after that, who knows? My dad is self-employed and can't contemplate work at the moment. This is Jersey, so no NHS and my mum doesn't get sick pay for her part time job, so this is a worry too. Useful lessons for life in a non-NHS place though, assuming we ever get to Oz.

And at least this has happened now, before my visa application, before I handed in my notice (which isn't going to happen now - I need the security of that job behind me), before we jetted off to Oz. It's the uncertain future thing that we are all having to deal with.

Like you've all said: perspective.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed for the results Bundy. Cancer is a frightening thought but is increasingly treatable. All the best to you and your family.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Only just read it, so sorry to be late in sending our best wishes and loads of "health dust" to your poor mum.

And of course to yourself Bundy, take care and although it will be hard try to keep focused, positive and strong.

Diane & family
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:31 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Take care of yourself for your mother and family bundy
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:17 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Thinking of you and your family bundy.

It often falls to one member of the family to keep the others chin up! Seems thats you at the moment. Theres folk on here that will help you too though!

Best wishes pal!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear what a terrible week you've had Bundy.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that it's positive news for your Mum tomorrow.

Love T x
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear about your mum Bundy. Good luck for those test results. Will be thinking of you.

Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:44 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Bundy .... poor you !!

keeping all our fingers , toes and everything else thats crossable crossed.

Hope you get really good news about your mother tomorrow, but if you dont, remember they've caught it early and that gives her the best possible chance.

Take care of yourself
Mairi & Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.