Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad Times for Bundy

Bad Times for Bundy

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 4:57 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
Thanks everyone. It's certainly been an eventful month! Talk about highs and lows....

Good news on BundyMum - the doctor came round this morning and spent a long time talking through all the details and it really does look as if she is going to be able to make a pretty full recovery from all this, which is fantastic news really.

So the month started with a crashed car, a sick mum and a shaky dad and has ended with a sick-but-getting-better mum, a slightly more sane dad, and an engagement. Still no car though. Got to get a new one of those. I'll be selling the rights to this story to the highest bidder!
What fantastic news - even better than your engagement!!!

I bet there will be a few more emotional rollercoaster type moments before Bundymum is fully over it but the fact they are saying that is just awesome because doctors are so conservative about chances and things.

I am so so so so so so so so pleased for you and the Bundyfamily.

Damn - I'll have to have another drink tonight on your account - I shall send the bill for my exclusive drying out clinic to your door!!

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 7:47 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. It's certainly been an eventful month! Talk about highs and lows....

Good news on BundyMum - the doctor came round this morning and spent a long time talking through all the details and it really does look as if she is going to be able to make a pretty full recovery from all this, which is fantastic news really.
That's terrific - good old BundyMom. I'm so pleased the news is good for her. Bet the news of the betrothal gave her a massive fillip, too.

So the month started with a crashed car, a sick mum and a shaky dad and has ended with a sick-but-getting-better mum, a slightly more sane dad, and an engagement. Still no car though. Got to get a new one of those. I'll be selling the rights to this story to the highest bidder!
Absolutely - sounds cool. I have contacts in the movie industry so let me know.... But the big question is, which actresses would you like to play you, and Bundy Mom, and is Mr Bundy more the Russ Crowe or George Clooney type...?

We spend many happy hours stuck in Cambridge traffic lines, casting the movie of *our* lives

Have fun & hugs to BundyMom!

Anya. xx
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:25 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to here BundyMum is getting better and on the first steps to full recovery.

Still keeping all fingers and toes crossed for the foreseeable future though - dont want to tempt fate just yet.

Hugs for all your family
Attached Images  
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Better news for Bundy!

Well blow me down if Mr Bundy hasn't just gone and proposed to me!!! Yes, whilst walking along the beach this morning in the beautiful sunshine (and howling gale), at the exact same spot where my dad proposed to my mum 34 years ago, he dropped to his knee and popped the question. I said yes, of course! He and my dad had been plotting this for days, although I had an inkling he would ask me today. My dad managed to keep it a secret from my mum (a major achievement) so she was pretty surprised (although, after nearly 5 years, no one can really say they didn't see this coming!).

I pointed out to Mr Bundy that Feb 29th was the day that women could propose to their men and he made me ask him, so we're quits. He reckons it's a good bet proposing on a leap year because he will only have to fork out for an engagement anniversary present every four years, cheeky git. He proposed using his late mother's engagement ring, although I'll be getting my own ring in due course.

So, all very happy, champagne has flowed. God knows when we will get married as we always said we'll get hitched in the little church in Nundle. And who knows when we will make it to Oz...Of course plans are dependent on my mum. Maybe in 2006.

I've just put Mr Bundy on the plane back to the UK Feeling a bit sad now. But I'm definitely going home next weekend for a whole week, so not too long to wait.

And that's the news! Might post a separate post for those that never check this thread on the basis that it is generally pretty dull

Bundy the Betrothed

That is just the best news ever Bundy. Please send on regards to BundyMum and I wish her all the best with her recovery.

Fantastic news all round for you - many congrats

Nat
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 4:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooohh, ooohhh....who would play us lot? Well, it has been mentioned on more than one occasion that I look a little bit like Angelina Jolie. Never quite seen it myself, but I'm happy to go along with it! My mum has always reminded me of Susan Sarandon, so that's her out of the way. And when my dad was 18 he used to get mobbed as a dead-ringer for Paul McCartney (not that he is a Hollywood star, but perhaps we could tempt him). As for Mr Bundy? God knows. He looks like nobody but himself but is defintely more Russell Crowe than George Clooney! Mind you, as Mr Bundy was once second in line for the role of Joey Rainbow on Home & Away (I kid you not) he could always play himself...

Originally posted by anya4oz
That's terrific - good old BundyMom. I'm so pleased the news is good for her. Bet the news of the betrothal gave her a massive fillip, too.

Absolutely - sounds cool. I have contacts in the movie industry so let me know.... But the big question is, which actresses would you like to play you, and Bundy Mom, and is Mr Bundy more the Russ Crowe or George Clooney type...?

We spend many happy hours stuck in Cambridge traffic lines, casting the movie of *our* lives

Have fun & hugs to BundyMom!

Anya. xx
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 4:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Update from Jersey...

I'm going home. Well, for a few days, anyway. Got to catch up with the fiance and all that, put the house back together after 5 weeks of Mr Bundy living on his own :scared: :scared: , need to show my face at work and all that.

So I'm jetting off back to the UK tomorrow until 16 March - a whole 12 days of 'normality'. I shall be going into work next week the only good point of which is that I will be online all day and therefore able to become a full expats member once again (well, from Monday to Friday at least). Not looking forward to seeing my boss, especially now that I know I have to stay there for the foreseeable future

The ring hunting continues. Narrowed down my options, but I'm now having to decide between white gold with a big(ish) diamond or platinum with a smaller diamond. Aiming to buy it in Jersey though as the lack of VAT means I get more rock for my money!

BundyMum is doing well, getting a little better every day although she is still confined to her bed which is pretty frustrating for her. BundyDad has a stinking cold and barking cough and, since he is very bad at being ill, is shuffling about like he's at death's door, which he isn't. We've seen enough of death's door for this year, so he needs to get his act together! I have arranged a number of relatives and friends to come over for parent-sitting duties while I'm away. Talk about the tables turned...

Anyway, won't be around until Monday, so have a good weekend you lot and thanks once more for all your good wishes.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default The Bundy's!

Love and hugs whether you are in Jersey, the Uk or down under!
take care and please give my regards to Mr & Mrs Bundy senior
rach xxxxx