Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad Times for Bundy

Bad Times for Bundy

Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:14 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Well, he made it. Hurrah! Got in before the next batch of snow. We have now had 4 inches of snow (this is unheard of in Jersey) and My Bundy has spent most of the mornig building snowmen - his first ever - complete with carrot noses and coal eyes. Bless him. And he chucked a snowball at me, which was nice. I can see him now, constructing the head of yet another snowman.

My mum has been feeling pretty crook after her IV medication for the bone pain. It's basically given her flu and she had a temperature of 102 last night. But she's perked up a bit now and has been watching Mr Bundy's efforts out of her window, which has amused her greatly.

Might need to get the shovels out again later as my younger brother is supposed to be flying in this afternoon and there is rather a lot of snow here at the moment...
It sounds a delightful scene - though I am sorry that your Mom is feeling lousy. Is she allowed any alcohol? A glass of spicy mulled wine would cheer her a lot, I'm sure... how about hot red fruit juice with spices (I did hot cranberry, orange & cinnamon for the drivers @ New year. Yum)?

Very envious of your snow - we have very little here in Cambridge, just ice & traffic lines

Talking of advances in cancer care, did you hear about the US FDA approving a new cancer drug, Avastin? See the news story at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3491766.stm

(Hope that URL still works & doesn't lead to yet another *yawn* story about Clare Short, poor Bundy you've got enough on your plate, without that!)

I'm not sure if Avastin necessarily would work for your Mom, but it has to be good news - and, who knows, the drug specially for bone cancer might be hot on its heels. These drugs are big money these days so there are big incentives to bring them to market...

Have a great w/e with Mr B!!

Cyber hugs to all,
Anya.

Last edited by anya4oz; Feb 27th 2004 at 12:17 am.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:16 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that things are rough for you Bundy...I hope they improve as time goes on,

all the best, Rich.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:24 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Snow men...

Mr Bundy might be interested to know that Mr Anya always makes snow *women* - anatomically correct and all. It's OK, I knew about this habit when I married him. Actually very amusing, as they tend to be of 'Dolly Parton' spec & thus structurally unsound & fall on their faces pretty quickly

All very educational for the 14-year-old boys walking past our front yard!!

Anya.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 6:49 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Still laughing about the snow-women. I'll suggest it to Mr Bundy...His snowmen are now no more because he and my brother rugby tackled them. Now they are but a heap of snow, coal and carrots. It's supposed to snow again tonight, so there may be more snow based hilarity tomorrow.

It's my mum's birthday tomorrow, so we're hoping she'll feel better. She's better than she was last night, although my dad now appears to be going down with flu. Hurrah. My dad is crap at being ill, so it's going to be a fun weekend! Have stocked up with a variety of remedies to assist.

I might be going home next weekend for a week or so as a batch of friends and relatives are due to arrive here...give me a chance to sort my life out back home, catch up with people, buy a new car etc etc and then come back here. Although the thought of going home and returning to work is a bleak one, particularly when it dawns on me that I am now destined to stay in my job with my awful boss for the foreseeable future:scared: :scared: And it means resigning myself to another summer of hell. But there we go. More important things in life, that's for certain.

Good to see Mr Bundy who brought lots of presents over with him - gin for my mum, chocolate for my dad, CDs for my brother, books for me. I was almost nervous picking him up from the airport - haven't seen him for a month and it felt weird! In a good way...

Right, must get on with running the house and wrapping birthday presents.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:11 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

LOL! Still laughing about the snow-women. I'll suggest it to Mr Bundy...His snowmen are now no more because he and my brother rugby tackled them. Now they are but a heap of snow, coal and carrots. It's supposed to snow again tonight, so there may be more snow based hilarity tomorrow.

It's my mum's birthday tomorrow, so we're hoping she'll feel better. She's better than she was last night, although my dad now appears to be going down with flu. Hurrah. My dad is crap at being ill, so it's going to be a fun weekend! Have stocked up with a variety of remedies to assist.

I might be going home next weekend for a week or so as a batch of friends and relatives are due to arrive here...give me a chance to sort my life out back home, catch up with people, buy a new car etc etc and then come back here. Although the thought of going home and returning to work is a bleak one, particularly when it dawns on me that I am now destined to stay in my job with my awful boss for the foreseeable future:scared: :scared: And it means resigning myself to another summer of hell. But there we go. More important things in life, that's for certain.

Good to see Mr Bundy who brought lots of presents over with him - gin for my mum, chocolate for my dad, CDs for my brother, books for me. I was almost nervous picking him up from the airport - haven't seen him for a month and it felt weird! In a good way...

Mr Anya & I both want to know: WHAT ARE YOU DOING POSTING ON HERE WHEN YOU SHOULD BE SNOGGING MR BUNDY???????

Isn't that what you *do* on a 'virtual first date'?

What a dear, bringing just the right prezzies, Gin & Chocky. Mr B sounds like a real mensch.

As for the 'Summer of Hell' with 'Anne-Widdecombe-in-the-flesh' - don't despair! We'll have to arrange a riotous Cambridge expats meet to cheer you up (suddenly there seem quite a few Cantabrigians on here).

A big, industrial-strength Birthday hug to your Mom for tomorrow.

Anya.
xxxx
Old Feb 27th 2004, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a bump up to wish BundyMum a very happy birthday and to let you all know we're still rooting for you,keep strong and positive.Ask Mr.Bundy if he knows the difference between snowmen and snowwomen??????snowballs of course
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought about starting a new thread but we are all used to checking this one out now

Happy Birthday Bundy's Mum

today this is fruit juice not beer - but a little brandy in there wouldn't go amiss
Attached Thumbnails Bad Times for Bundy-card-02.jpg  
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:21 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Default BIRTHDAY HUG FOR BUNDY'S MOM

Here's a great big Birthday (((((hug))))) for Bundy's Mom.

Anya & Mr Anya.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Mummy-Bundy; I'm sure your family will make it a special day for you!
Any more snow-people made their appearance yet?

Lots of love and hugs,

Pollyana & The Bloke
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Bundy's Mum

B I G H U G S from me and Bix.

We have snow here too in Cornwall but not enough yet to make any snowmen!!

Sending positive vibes - hope you all have a good day.

Gill and Derek
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:42 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Happy Birthday BundyMum, My thoughts are with you all today.
Enjoy your day.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:03 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Hope you are all feeling relatively well on this day!

Enjoy the juice, gin, chocolate and books!

hugs and stuff,

Simone
Old Feb 28th 2004, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

debtay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Happy Birthday

Take care and enjoy all the love we are all sending you
Old Feb 28th 2004, 5:04 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Message from my mum, who is very proud of her new persona as BundyMum...She says a huge thanks to you all for your birthday messages and continued kind thoughts and only wishes she could sit at the computer long enough to type her own message!

We've had a good day, although she got a bit stressed when there was no hot water left for her to have a bath this morning and burst into tears ranting about how unfair life, the world and everyone is. Straw that broke the camels back, I expect. Anyway, she felt better after her rant (claiming, justifiably, that it is pretty poor show when the birthday girl can't even have a decent hot bath). I spent an hour running up and down the stairs with kettles and pans full of hot water, tripping over the cat as I went. Most exercise I've had in weeks!

BundyMum (as we shall now call her) has exhausted the island's supply of flowers (can't see out of the windows) and had stacks of cards and presents, so she's feeling pretty important. Which, of course, she is.

Mr Bundy has continued to make snowmen (4 so far) and tried a snowangel (but didn't like getting wet). It's till snowing on and off so I've got my fingers crossed that he will get snowed in tomorrow and have to stay.

Anya - I'm really looking forward to a Cantabrigian knees-up, especially when I have to return to work (the horror, the horror).

So there we go. Thanks for all your thoughts once again...

Bundy (and BundyMum!)
Old Feb 28th 2004, 6:52 am
earlswood

Many Happy returns BundyMum

Enjoy the snow Bundy build another snow woman, and wrestle it while thinking of your boss

Might help you release some pent up anger!!

Anita x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.