Reload this Page >

Bad Times for Bundy

Wikiposts

Bad Times for Bundy

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:28 am
earlswood

Originally posted by bundy
Right, just back from the hospital...

It's better than we had feared, and better than we had been told to prepare ourselves for.

The cancer has only reached the bone - nothing in the liver (the big fear) or anywhere else. It's not curable, but it is treatable. They've already got her on the anti-oestrogen drugs and she'll be having radiotherapy next month. But at this stage, no talk of surgery or chemo.

We won't have her forever, maybe just a couple of years, maybe longer, maybe less. No one knows. But we have her for now and there are things that can be done.

Strange to be relieved that it is *only* breast and bone cancer, but it is a relief. Still a mountain to climb, but at least we have the option.

And the juicer's arrived....

Thanks for all your support, keep it coming now that we have a battle to commence.

More later....
Gosh Bundy, how weird,

I was thinking of you and bumped your post up at exactly the time you posted!!!

Glad the news is better than you feared

Love Anita x

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:32 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Bundy

I don't know what to say really, just thank God it's not as bad as you'd all feared.

Maybe all the cyber prayers helped a little!!

love to you all,

Tracey, Dave and little uns xx
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to say hello and that I have been thinking of you and
your family.

My husband had bone cancer 6 years ago (and lost a finger),
so I do know the feelings that you are going through.

So look after each other, give your Mum (and Dad and everyone
else) lots of cuddles. But don't forget to look after yourself
as well. Difficult I know as you're being strong and supportive
for all around you, but you need support as well.

So best wishes

Karen Page (Lots of hugs)
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:38 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! How wonderful it is at least better than expected!!

And now you have something to fight for, know it will help, right??!

Well, I hope your mums still in the angry fighting stage!!

Wow, and thanks for giving us such a quick update!!

Let the battle begin!! (well, it already has!!)

Best of luck!

hugs,

Simone

Wish I could be more helpfull, but haven't been through anything like this, so for me this is a real learning proces and eye opener.
If anything like this happens to my family, I hope I'll be like you, you're an inspiration!!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:44 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

It's better than we had feared, and better than we had been told to prepare ourselves for.

The cancer has only reached the bone - nothing in the liver (the big fear) or anywhere else. It's not curable, but it is treatable. They've already got her on the anti-oestrogen drugs and she'll be having radiotherapy next month. But at this stage, no talk of surgery or chemo.

We won't have her forever, maybe just a couple of years, maybe longer, maybe less. No one knows. But we have her for now and there are things that can be done.

Strange to be relieved that it is *only* breast and bone cancer, but it is a relief. Still a mountain to climb, but at least we have the option.

Thanks for all your support, keep it coming now that we have a battle to commence.

More later....
Bundy

I'm pleased the news is not as bad as you'd feared. It means that you can plan to have some good times together as a family, and that, at least, will be a big comfort to you all.

The other thing is - given the advances in medicine, in 1-2 years' time there may be other things they can do to help your Mom - you never know. So let's all keep fingers X'd on that one....

Big ((((HUGS)))) to you all.

Anya.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:54 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bundy

So glad the news wasn't as bad as you feared! I am amazed and humbled by your positivity. Puts things into a totally different perspective, worrying about silly little things like visa's

Sending you lots of hugs & positive affirmations!

Theresa
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bundy and co
Its good that its better than expected,at least you know what you are fighting.
I am a great believer in keeping positive .
Dont let the Ba$%& get you down
Love
Donna
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:58 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi bundy,

Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Judging from your posts, and the impression you give of your mum and whole family, you all have enough strength and positivity to lead the big C a right merry dance for many many years!

Wishing you good luck and strength.

All the best from me and the future mrs loose.

take care.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:00 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Simone, believe me, it's been a steep learning curve for me too. It's hard to imagine that a month ago I was bemoaning my boring life and planning our escape to Oz.

If none of this had happened, I would have had my medical my now, posted my application and handed in my notice. But things change, and there's no point worrying about what might have been. Who knows, by the time we do manage to apply, we may have saved more money, will have been together 5 years (in Oct) thereby going straight to permanent, the exchange rate might be better, the housing market in Oz more favourable....This must be happening for a reason. All I know is that this morning I though I would only have my mum for a couple more months and now I know we've got a couple of years at least. That makes me happy, in a strange way.

Anyway, the juicer has arrived, first juice (carrot, apple, pear and ginger) has rolled off the production line and everyone is feeling a lot better.

My mum has pointed out a downside though - no chemo means that she isn't about to lose her hair which means I'll have to continue to do her rollers!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:07 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

More later....
could`nt be more pleased for you mum and family! as i said there are always positive`s somewhere good luck god bless wenger and co xxx p.s can you make smoothies there yummie
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Bundy

You never cease to amaze us with your positivity and outlook on life,

big hugs and good wishes

Karen and Andyxxx
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:15 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

p.s. bundy, if you get the chance between playing with your juicer (ooer) could you let me know how you got the jilleroo job. Its looking like that might be real option for me for the first year in oz (while in the Norther Territory).

just if you get a min, I know you're kinda busy
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:33 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

My mum has pointed out a downside though - no chemo means that she isn't about to lose her hair which means I'll have to continue to do her rollers!
Bundy,

Tut ye not! Hairdressing is actually a very useful skill to develop - remember it's on the MODL list for Oz!! Wouldn't it be a weird twist of fate if you became really good at it, & ended up starting up & running a chain of hair salons when you get there....??!!

Blimey. Next, you'll be buying an MX5....

Glad to hear your Mom is seeing the funny side, though - laughing's about the most therapeutic thing she can do, I reckon!

Hugs to all, and don't forget to really *work* with that styling lotion, gal!

Anya.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:39 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Simone, believe me, it's been a steep learning curve for me too.
Yep, even just been reading up on stuff on the web!
Because I though everybody got chemo, and I wasn't sure what radiology was...now found out.

I don't know if you wanna talk about it/go into it, but does this mean your mum is going to have radiology 5 days a week for about 6 weeks?
That's what it said on a website
Well, radiology sounds heaps better than chemo anyway, except for the haircurlers of course :scared:

Enjoy the juice!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:39 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Bundster - I was really pleased to read your post because with cancer it is time you need to fight it and you have now got that - as someone else said who knows was medicine will be able to achieve in just a year let alone two.

I am glad for you all (sounds wierd saying I am glad you have breast and bone cancer but you know what I mean) and I know you all have the determination, spirit and sense of humour to help your Mum enjoy whatever time she has and to hopefully extend it for as long as possible.

They gave my Dad 6 months - he was in remission but died two days after the allotted time - the day before he died he looked at me and said - well I beat it didn't I. It was lung cancer and now one and a half years on they have a vaccine for it - time means a lot in very many ways and I am so so so so glad that the Bundster family has got it.

My thoughts are always with you - I really mean that - I think of my Dad every day and think of all those other families out there battling this thing and you guys are at the top of that list.

Getting all a bit serious now so I shall have a big sniff and send you a with a tot of voddy for luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.