Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad Times for Bundy

Wikiposts

Bad Times for Bundy

Old Feb 7th 2004, 5:27 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Hello again,

Well, what can I say? Thank you one and all for all your thoughts, useful words, advice, PMs, prayers and cyberhugs. Stuck here on the small hunk of rock that is Jersey can be a lonely place so having you lot out there is a real comfort to me, and to my mum who has been reading a lot of the posts and is very touched indeed.

We're trying to maintain some kind of normality here, and there is a renewed sense of positivity and humour. My mum is at the angry stage at the moment - good anger, the kind where she announces that she is NOT going to let her body do this to her, rather than the bad, self-pitying kind. She had a reiki session yesterday which does her a great deal of good.

The weird thing is that one of her oldest friends, her chief bridesmaid in fact, also has bone cancer although it was undiagnosed for some time. She's several months ahead in treatment and it's been great for my mum to speak to her and realise that there are positive steps she can take. Off to buy a juicer later!

Funny episodes are appearing all over the place: the fact that the hospital keeps referring to her trip to Guernsey (next door island) for the bone scan as her 'away day' (visions of corporate activities or OAPs on the move). Me attempting and failing to put in my mum's rollers to sort her hair out (had us in stitches - I never was a girly girl). My dad mixing whisky and beer with his betablockers and talking total crap in an amusing manner....

My brothers are here this weekend, which is good, as it's given me a break. In fact, they have all gone out to see friends, taking my mum with them, so she must be feeling a little better.

I've been through every conceivable emotion in the last week and never realised my capacity to cope with so much. I've surprised myself. Missing Mr Bundy like hell but planning a Valentine's rendez vous next weekend at our half-way point (Bournemouth, apparently).

My dad is terrified of my mum having to have an operation and being 'maimed' so that's a bit of a problem. But he's been talking to a lot of people and taking on board their help and suggestions, so that's good.

My mum is the only real church-goer in our family, but we are all off to church tomorrow en masse to have a word with Him Upstairs. He could have picked someone other than my mum, who has led a blameless, selfless existence.

So, we await the next hurdle...bone scan on Wednesday, CT scan next Monday, then the dreaded final results on 17th.

The chin is pretty much back up, except late at night in the wobble hour when I first go to bed.
good to hear your chin is up! and your parents as well
Old Feb 7th 2004, 6:25 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

bundy i dont know how to word this without sounding patronising or abstract,but i can honestly tell you that posativity and human will power can have profound results,i talk from experience regarding family member but i wont go on about me.human beings are prity amazing smtimes
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you drink some of that juice to bundy, its a heavy burden being strong and you need to do what you can to keep yourself well:lecture:

Good luck to you and your family for the following week, our thoughts are with you all.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi Bundy,

I haven't posted before 'cos I really didn't know what to say. Not much good with emotional stuff.

Stick with it and your in our thoughts.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit of a bump in case she logs on tonight.Mrs N
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:43 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

What have you done this time, WBB???!!!!

I don't get much time to browse the forum at the moment (internet time is limited) so I have only really seen posts on this thread and my PMs. You didn't say something controversial did you? As I don't know any better, I am still a member of the WBB fanclub, if that helps...

Good news on the visa then - they're only covering themselves with the 4 month thing, I'm sure.

Originally posted by WBB
i know you have not been logging on much over the last week, you have missed a bit of a WBB backlash, i am now considered to be a bit of a pariah.

dont know if you have read any of the threads but if you are bored they are quite funny and i have printed them off to give me a laugh in the future.

i did have an email from AHC this week confirming that they have all that they need and my application is beind processed and that i should get a reply within 4 months!!!!!

anyway i've bored you enough with my slightly irrelevant visa talk, i will be thinking of you again all this coming week and hoping things get easier for you and your family.

Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:46 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

What have you done this time, WBB???!!!!

I don't get much time to browse the forum at the moment (internet time is limited) so I have only really seen posts on this thread and my PMs. You didn't say something controversial did you? As I don't know any better, I am still a member of the WBB fanclub, if that helps...

Good news on the visa then - they're only covering themselves with the 4 month thing, I'm sure.
hi bundy been a bit mental on ere lately good to read you again
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:49 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wengerboy
hi bundy been a bit mental on ere lately good to read you again
Pleeeeaaaassseee tell me what's going on?! Only got mouse-in-a-wheel technology here and it will take me all night to chase up all the threads. Anyone got it in a nutshell?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:58 am
Up The Arse!!

Pleeeeaaaassseee tell me what's going on?! Only got mouse-in-a-wheel technology here and it will take me all night to chase up all the threads. Anyone got it in a nutshell?
long story short ceri posted pm sent by wbb instead of reporting it to moderator then it all kicked off
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bundy
Sorry i haven't posted before. was just getting to know you from your posts, when your life was tipped upsidedown. I hope that the scans next week have positive news.
I was in a previuos life an cancer nurse. if i can ever be of any help translating jargon etc, please feel free to pm/e-mail me.

you brought a smile to my face with your story of our blessed car. just a shem the blessing had to run out now
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Hope you are felling better and the weather's not to cold........
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:28 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Glad to see some of the Bundster spirit has come back and that your Mum has got it too - good luck to her.

Sod carrot juice - invest in the healing properties of alcohol (you not your Mum so much!)!!

You missed a fanatastic humdinger of a row that degenirated in to a great playground na na naa naaaaa type scrap and resulted in BE members hopping into a pro WBB or no WBB camp ( except for those who stayed firmly on the fence with splinters in their bums!!) - I am now apparently the no 1 WBB fan - but you can be secretary of the fan club if you want.

My chin is also firmly up after case officer asking for more info and then saying that if we took it in in person she would issue visas then and there - so shippers are booked and dog has started blood tests ready for her flight on March 4. We find out for sure on Wednesday if we get the visas or not.

Apart from that, that is all I know because we were away saying goodbye to the MIL from hell this weekend ( wahey!!!) so I have two days of posts to catch up on.

Hugs etc being sent your way constantly - you lot are never far from my thoughts and you know where the shoulder ( and the vodka!) is should you need it!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:38 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Bumping for Bundy

Quick bump for you, mate, so if you log in later you can see any new messages.

Hang on in there....

Anya.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:04 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing like a bit of verbal jousting( WBB v Ceri)...it's so rare in Oz.
Good luck to your ma Bundy, have been there with my Mum and she's through it now..Your Mum should take strength from you and your family.
Best thoughts and keep taking the chlorophyll !!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:36 am
She's a bird, you know

I miss all the excitement. If I had the time, I'd chase up the threads and follow the story. Maybe some kind person will post a link in this thread (that's a hint, of course!)

Blimey, congrats on the visa news Poll - all a bit of a hurry then! The whole visa thing is a dim and distant memory now. Won't be happening for the foreseeable future. But there we go. Mr Bundy's just been offered a great job opportunity here, so maybe these things happen for the best.

Actually, it's funny what you say about the alcohol. My mum's aunt got breast cancer at exactly the same age as my mum and lived to 85, dying of something totally different. She drank gin like there was no tomorrow....

Originally posted by Pollster
Glad to see some of the Bundster spirit has come back and that your Mum has got it too - good luck to her.

Sod carrot juice - invest in the healing properties of alcohol (you not your Mum so much!)!!

You missed a fanatastic humdinger of a row that degenirated in to a great playground na na naa naaaaa type scrap and resulted in BE members hopping into a pro WBB or no WBB camp ( except for those who stayed firmly on the fence with splinters in their bums!!) - I am now apparently the no 1 WBB fan - but you can be secretary of the fan club if you want.

My chin is also firmly up after case officer asking for more info and then saying that if we took it in in person she would issue visas then and there - so shippers are booked and dog has started blood tests ready for her flight on March 4. We find out for sure on Wednesday if we get the visas or not.

Apart from that, that is all I know because we were away saying goodbye to the MIL from hell this weekend ( wahey!!!) so I have two days of posts to catch up on.

Hugs etc being sent your way constantly - you lot are never far from my thoughts and you know where the shoulder ( and the vodka!) is should you need it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.