Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad Parenting...

Bad Parenting...

Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:06 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bad Parenting...

Attached Thumbnails Bad Parenting...-bad-parenting.jpg  
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Parenting...

A bit like our experience earlier in the week - Dagboy just arrves home & yells to me that the duck & 5 ducklings (wild ones that usually live on our dam) have got in our pool. So out we march to chase them away - only problem was that the ducklings were too small to be able to get out of the pool because of the water level. Mummy duck wouldnt get out either & chasing them just made the ducklings dive under the water & swim madly up & down the pool under the surface.

We finally got rid of mother duck & about half an hour later, after chasing & catching the ducklings up & down the pool underwater with the leaf scoop we were finally duck free.

If they come back, next time I'm gonna get a gun! :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:57 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MrsDagboy]A bit like our experience earlier in the week - Dagboy just arrves home & yells to me that the duck & 5 ducklings (wild ones that usually live on our dam) have got in our pool. So out we march to chase them away - only problem was that the ducklings were too small to be able to get out of the pool because of the water level. Mummy duck wouldnt get out either & chasing them just made the ducklings dive under the water & swim madly up & down the pool under the surface.

We finally got rid of mother duck & about half an hour later, after chasing & catching the ducklings up & down the pool underwater with the leaf scoop we were finally duck free.

bloody ducks
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
A bit like our experience earlier in the week - Dagboy just arrives home & yells to me that the duck & 5 ducklings (wild ones that usually live on our dam) have got in our pool. So out we march to chase them away - only problem was that the ducklings were too small to be able to get out of the pool because of the water level. Mummy duck wouldnt get out either & chasing them just made the ducklings dive under the water & swim madly up & down the pool under the surface.

Originally Posted by spalen

bloody ducks
Too bloody right
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:37 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
A bit like our experience earlier in the week - Dagboy just arrves home & yells to me that the duck & 5 ducklings (wild ones that usually live on our dam) have got in our pool. So out we march to chase them away - only problem was that the ducklings were too small to be able to get out of the pool because of the water level. Mummy duck wouldnt get out either & chasing them just made the ducklings dive under the water & swim madly up & down the pool under the surface.

We finally got rid of mother duck & about half an hour later, after chasing & catching the ducklings up & down the pool underwater with the leaf scoop we were finally duck free. ....
At least you spotted them and they didnt end up drowning, I'm looking after a friends property whilst there in the UK and when I popped in earlier in the week there was a dead wagtail floating around only a baby one, it didnt looked harmed in any way so i reckon it must of been trying to catch little bugs on the surface and fell in and couldnt get back out.
Lucky I spotted it as it may of sunk and then got sucked up by Kreepy, that could of been interesting :scared:
Steve