Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad news - father had a stroke

Bad news - father had a stroke

Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Bad news - father had a stroke

Hiya guys
I've just found out that my dad in Greece has had a stroke & I don't know much else about what is going on. My mum has called a doctor and he's examining him now. Its really frustrating because I have my kids here to look after, so I can't just up and go. If anyone is reading this now I'd really appreciate your thoughts & prayers coz it's a mad situation for me to be in and I don't know much about stroke, so that adds to the worry.
Thanks
Larissa
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news - father had a stroke

Originally posted by Larissa
Hiya guys
I've just found out that my dad in Greece has had a stroke & I don't know much else about what is going on. My mum has called a doctor and he's examining him now. Its really frustrating because I have my kids here to look after, so I can't just up and go. If anyone is reading this now I'd really appreciate your thoughts & prayers coz it's a mad situation for me to be in and I don't know much about stroke, so that adds to the worry.
Thanks
Larissa
Hope it all works out OK Larissa and that he is able to make a good recovery.
This sort of thing puts it all into perspective.
Best wishes

G
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa,
I also know nothing about strokes, I'll leave that to the many nursing staff out there. Thoughts and prayers are with you though, and hopefully things will not be as bad as you fear.
Remember,we're all here for you,

Pollyana
xxx
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya guys
Thanks
Larissa
My thoughts are with you Larissa, It seems that when we face our loved ones becoming poorly when we are so far away it seems like an intolerable thing to cope with. Maybe this is something that we have to think about when we leave for the other side of the world, to cope with this sort of news long distance. It isn't practicle unless your really wealthy to fly back when things like this happen, however this practicle view doesn't help your feelings right now. Think about the goods things and keep yourself informed about whats going on. Call your mum to support her and yourself, this way you are doing something and you will feel apart of whats going on.

My prayers are with you - God Bless

Tracey.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:57 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Hiya guys
Thanks
Larissa
Sorry to hear about your pa Larissa

Thoughts & prayers are with you. Keeping everything crossed all will be OK.

I'm sure some nurses on this forum will respond with info you need.

Take care, chin up

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:08 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya guys
Thanks
Larissa
Sorry to hear about your dad Larissa.

I hope that you guys are alright. Your dad will be in good hands so try not to worry (I know).

Best wishes

Jack, Mrs Jack and Monkey Boy
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
Hope it all works out OK Larissa and that he is able to make a good recovery.
This sort of thing puts it all into perspective.
Best wishes

G
I should have added that the word 'stroke' does not describe the severity.Some are very minor and do little lasting damage.Many people make very good recoveries.
Do not panic, it may not be too severe. You will need to wait until it can be assessed properly.With good rehabilitation he can make a good recovery and the damage may be minimal.
Hope things work out
Best wishes
G
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:12 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi Larissa

I'm sorry about your dad.Which side is his stroke affecting?Is he concious?

The more info the easier it is for us nurses to comment.

The good thing about strokes is you can get better over time with lots of hard work.

Thinking of you

nikki x
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Larissa

Sorry to hear about your Dad, you must be worried sick, and rightly so........but I hope this helps you relax just a little

My aunt had a stroke 5 months ago, and we didnt hold out much hope for her as she was in poor health as it was.......................................well I had lunch with her and all my family for her and my uncles Golden Wedding today......and believe it or not she is actually better now than she was before the stroke

Hope all goes well.....keep us posted

And take Care

Heather
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:14 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Grayling
I should have added that the word 'stroke' does not describe the severity.Some are very minor and do little lasting damage.Many people make very good recoveries.
Do not panic, it may not be too severe. You will need to wait until it can be assessed properly.With good rehabilitation he can make a good recovery and the damage may be minimal.
Hope things work out
Best wishes
G
Hi grayling

Agree totally with what you say!

Nikki x
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:18 pm
WBB

sorry to hear your bad news larissa, my thoughts are with you.

Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

It was the left side & he has just been taken to the local hospital, concious. They have said its mild so hopefully it will be Ok... I'll let you know what happens. I badgered my mum to get help because he hates doctors etc. and got really abusive with her. Thanks for the support, it means a lot x x
Mum's worried as his lips were blue and his mouth was droopy and he felt a pain in his cheek and under his eyes.
She rang an English doctor and the guy said to give him an aspirin and sort it out in the morning. They're for it!
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:23 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

It was the left side & he has just been taken to the local hospital, concious. They have said its mild so hopefully it will be Ok... I'll let you know what happens. I badgered my mum to get help because he hates doctors etc. and got really abusive with her. Thanks for the support, it means a lot x x
Mum's worried as his lips were blue and his mouth was droopy and he felt a pain in his cheek and under his eyes.
She rang an English doctor and the guy said to give him an aspirin and sort it out in the morning. They're for it!
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but thats good news

All of our thought are with you guys
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:25 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by nikkers
Hi grayling

Agree totally with what you say!

Nikki x
Hi Larissa,

Have no medical knowledge - but I do wish you, your family and your father all the best in his speedy recovery.

Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:19 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa

Wishing your dad all the best! Sometimes Doctors beggar belief!! A flamin aspirin?? Thats unbelievable!! Glad to hear that hes receiving the care that he needs now though.

All the best

Rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.