Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad luck for reccie help needed

Wikiposts

Bad luck for reccie help needed

Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all
Default Re: Bad luck for reccie help needed

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi there
we're going out next week. Our flights are booked and paid for (we booked them 1yr ago!!!!, good job though, they only cost us £500ea). friends of ours went over to Brisbane last year and reckon $150 dollars a day is ample = £60
We're planning on taking about £2,000 for 3 weeks (with 2 kids).

hope this helps

p.s we've hired a car from www.bayswatercarrenals.com and it is cheapest i could find (after searching for hours..no joke) $28 dollars a day, unlimited mileage.
Hi it does help.
150$ a day - is that on top of accomodation - cheers James.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: Bad luck for reccie help needed

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
Hi it does help.
150$ a day - is that on top of accomodation - cheers James.
Yes, that's for spending money and food etc...
we're renting a big 5 bed roomed house with a pool in Sorrento for $3,000
There's 9 of us going so split that between us $1500 each couple = £641 for 3 weeks! not bad is it?...

website for that is www.movetoperth.com

We actually booked direct with the owner but this takes you to several others available.

Last edited by stumpysean; Jan 24th 2006 at 5:16 am.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Yes, that's for spending money and food etc...
we're renting a big 5 bed roomed house with a pool in Sorrento for $3,000
There's 9 of us going so split that between us $1500 each couple = £641 for 3 weeks! not bad is it?...

website for that is www.movetoperth.com

We actually booked direct with the owner but this takes you to several others available.
That is good.

Someone reccomended Pomsinperth but he can`t do anything until 12th April - must be the school holidays.

I reckon I will have spent about £1000 on accomodation for the 3 weeks for 4 of us if I can 2 of the weeks in a rented house which is pretty O.K I think.

I will check out the site you posted - cheers James.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

I cannot thank you enough for your help.
Still no figures though - will £3000 be enough for 3 weeks excluding flights - it sounds like a crazy question but I have no ideas - cheers James.
Yes James, obviously it depends on what you get up to but £3000 should keep you out of the gutter for 3 weeks. Have a good time.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
Yes James, obviously it depends on what you get up to but £3000 should keep you out of the gutter for 3 weeks. Have a good time.
Cheers - you know whats it like. In the u.k you know what your in for, but abroad?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Sue Atkinson is on a distinguished road

That is good.

Someone reccomended Pomsinperth but he can`t do anything until 12th April - must be the school holidays.

I reckon I will have spent about £1000 on accomodation for the 3 weeks for 4 of us if I can 2 of the weeks in a rented house which is pretty O.K I think.

I will check out the site you posted - cheers James.

Hi James

We are going to Brisbane in May on a tight budget and have decided to book at a camping/caravan site (We are booking a cabin - bit like Centre Parcs style cabins but not quite as up-market) Costing us £400 for 7 nights (2 adults and one 4 year old).

The site is 4 star so I guess it will be nice and gives you freedom to swim, bbq, playground, walks etc for child - but is only 10 mins from centre of Brisbane

I am sure they'll be plenty to choose from around Perth

Sue
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

We were in Perth in December and hired our car from Ace Car rentals (on Hay St. CBD opposite the Perth Mint). Was really cheap, car was excellent and very clean.
TJ
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:24 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue Atkinson
Hi James

We are going to Brisbane in May on a tight budget and have decided to book at a camping/caravan site (We are booking a cabin - bit like Centre Parcs style cabins but not quite as up-market) Costing us £400 for 7 nights (2 adults and one 4 year old).

The site is 4 star so I guess it will be nice and gives you freedom to swim, bbq, playground, walks etc for child - but is only 10 mins from centre of Brisbane

I am sure they'll be plenty to choose from around Perth

Sue
Hi Sue,

You do mean $400 for the 7 nights I hope, not 400 pounds? :scared:

To the OP, I suggest as some others do, that you rent furnished accommodation with someone like MovetoPerth, you will get great value for money compared to an apartment, unit or motel.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 10:26 am
ABCDiamond

I have six "WA" links for possible suitable accommodation at Short Term Furnished Rentals in case it helps.

From about $500 per week, in Perth, seems a feasible figure for a 2/3 bed furnished house.

Old Jan 24th 2006, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.
I know there are threads on reccies and I have looked.
Booked flights to Perth for 3 weeks early April and had free accomodation with stepbrother and his oh.
After 6 years they have split up and neither can afford the rented accomodation so our freebie has gone.Oh well thought about it and still have to go so have booked flights initial 5 nights only in Perth city and will go from there.

The thing is how much money will I need. I know it depends if you want a 5 star hotel e.t.c but we do not. Basically we need 16 nights accomodation in a reasonable family place for 2 adults/2children (we will leave the city and head off north or south) and reasonable meals - I cannot live on fast food/ takeaways for 3 weeks .
I have gone on-line direct to Thrifty rental in Perth city and a ford Falcon type car is 600.00 with the insurances and everything included.

We will not be clothes shopping e.t.c just the usual family trips.How much have you spent?

Any help appreciated - btw should I book the car when in Perth as its not peak season but there does seem to be a lot of people on here going in April - cheers James.
Hi , Im sure there are some lovely people on here who will be able to help out.
we are south west, so you can pop in here and stay if you like, we will always find a space for you.
Come on you lot , help out. Denise
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi , Im sure there are some lovely people on here who will be able to help out.
we are south west, so you can pop in here and stay if you like, we will always find a space for you.
Come on you lot , help out. Denise
Thanks to everyone for their kind offer of help especially Denise.
I think I am sorted now but only thanks to all the postings people were good enough to put on here - James.