Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bad luck for reccie help needed

Bad luck for reccie help needed

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all
Default Bad luck for reccie help needed

Hi.
I know there are threads on reccies and I have looked.
Booked flights to Perth for 3 weeks early April and had free accomodation with stepbrother and his oh.
After 6 years they have split up and neither can afford the rented accomodation so our freebie has gone.Oh well thought about it and still have to go so have booked flights initial 5 nights only in Perth city and will go from there.

The thing is how much money will I need. I know it depends if you want a 5 star hotel e.t.c but we do not. Basically we need 16 nights accomodation in a reasonable family place for 2 adults/2children (we will leave the city and head off north or south) and reasonable meals - I cannot live on fast food/ takeaways for 3 weeks .
I have gone on-line direct to Thrifty rental in Perth city and a ford Falcon type car is 600.00 with the insurances and everything included.

We will not be clothes shopping e.t.c just the usual family trips.How much have you spent?

Any help appreciated - btw should I book the car when in Perth as its not peak season but there does seem to be a lot of people on here going in April - cheers James.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all
Default Re: Bad luck for reccie help needed

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
Hi.
Booked flights to Perth for 3 weeks early April and had free accomodation with stepbrother and his oh.
After 6 years they have split up and neither can afford the rented accomodation so our freebie has gone.Oh well thought about it and still have to go so have booked flights initial 5 nights only in Perth city and will go from there.

The thing is how much money will I need. I know it depends if you want a 5 star hotel e.t.c but we do not. Basically we need 16 nights accomodation in a reasonable family place for 2 adults/2children (we will leave the city and head off north or south) and reasonable meals - I cannot live on fast food/ takeaways for 3 weeks .
I have gone on-line direct to Thrifty rental in Perth city and a ford Falcon type car is 600.00 with the insurances and everything included.

We will not be clothes shopping e.t.c just the usual family trips.How much have you spent?

Any help appreciated - btw should I book the car when in Perth as its not peak season but there does seem to be a lot of people on here going in April - cheers James.
I guess the ones with the answers done their reccies a year ago and are now in Oz asleep .
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:28 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

We were the same as you mate. Dispense with any thought of hotels etc. You'll get a good unit for around Aus. $500.00 per week.

Do a search on Google for Dowler Apartments - if poss. get the one in South Perth.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
We were the same as you mate. Dispense with any thought of hotels etc. You'll get a good unit for around Aus. $500.00 per week.

Do a search on Google for Dowler Apartments - if poss. get the one in South Perth.
Cheers for that - do you mean chalet/caravan type thing (what we normally have in the u.k on holiday)
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck ,can't help with the prices but i'm sure it will be a dam site cheaper than two week in blackpool especially with 2 kids
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

James
Try bayswater for your car. They don't deliver but you can drop at airport and they are basic but OK. Try looking for the b&b's on aussiemove too they always seem ok. Good luck and have a great trip.
Karen
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Sorry to hear of your bad luck ,can't help with the prices but i'm sure it will be a dam site cheaper than two week in blackpool especially with 2 kids
Your about right with the blackpool thing.
Dowler site seems good have bookmarked it.
Cheers for the car details Karen.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:42 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

We Went March last year (unfortunately still here) we booked motels as we went along as we have 2 kids too we planned on travelling about so we just decided to book as we got fed up of driving, It was never a problem and we stayed always at a place witha pool.
when you get there you want somewhere to get over the flight and we booked with www.quickbeds.com for our first and last hotels, very competetive and booked our car throgh Budget( we also got upgraded) very reasonable too, ebookers.com are also worth a look
Good luck and have a great time
Jane xx
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Hi we stayed in the Saville park suites in hayes street, ideal location and excellent facilities, washing machine and tumble dryer in the rooms very well appointed.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:50 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that - do you mean chalet/caravan type thing (what we normally have in the u.k on holiday)
Sorry geez. A unit is what we in the U.K. would call an apartment.

The Dowler one in South Perth is in a fantastic position. Knat's cock from the acres of parklands that fringe the south shoreline. Cheap as chips ferry hop across to the CBD. 20 mins from airport. And nicely positioned to explore the area.

South Perth is also pretty up market.

I would get a taxi and hire a car after the first few days. Give you time to get over the flights and chill, exploring a little on foot.

Bayswater car rentals are very good value and quality cars, but I think they have limited mileage. So if you're planning on driving 1000's of KM's you may want to have a ring around first.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:51 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Hi.

Have you tried the www.pomsinperth.co.uk website, its like this site but just covers Perth. We were going to be staying in one of their houses, but the visa requirements changed and couldnt go to Perth, so had to cancel the booking, but they were very helpful and returned our deposit, which alot of other companies we had booked things with didnt!!

Hope this helps.

Jo
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

I cannot thank you enough for your help.
Still no figures though - will £3000 be enough for 3 weeks excluding flights - it sounds like a crazy question but I have no ideas - cheers James.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:55 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Just tried the website and I gave it to you wrong, sorry!!

Try:- www.pomsinperth.com

Jo
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Hi there
we're going out next week. Our flights are booked and paid for (we booked them 1yr ago!!!!, good job though, they only cost us £500ea). friends of ours went over to Brisbane last year and reckon $150 dollars a day is ample = £60
We're planning on taking about £2,000 for 3 weeks (with 2 kids).

hope this helps

p.s we've hired a car from www.bayswatercarrenals.com and it is cheapest i could find (after searching for hours..no joke) $28 dollars a day, unlimited mileage.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joanne
Just tried the website and I gave it to you wrong, sorry!!

Try:- www.pomsinperth.com

Jo
No worries - the first page was unavailable - cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.