Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bad australia day

bad australia day

Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute
Default bad australia day

hi all,

i am having one of those, why are we doing all this days!!
i suppose everyone has days like these!!
think sometimes its all a bit scary aswell.

i just suppose i would just like some support

steve
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:42 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bad australia day

Hi Steve

It's just part of this strange "rollercoaster" ride we're on.

Stick with it, tomorrow (or next week!) you'll be back on track
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We all get the shakes it's just part of the course. It seems the closer we get the more often we get them :scared: . Hang on in there and it will all be OK
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: bad australia day

Originally Posted by karenjc
We all get the shakes it's just part of the course. It seems the closer we get the more often we get them :scared: . Hang on in there and it will all be OK
It doesn't get any easier...speaking to friends and relatives..they either think you're soooo brave or quite mad....just believe in why you're doing it and hold onto that thought. Good luck...and so what if we're all CRAZY!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jacknat
hi all,

steve
Hi Steve,
I have been down in the dumps this weekend. Its all the uncertainty.
Everything seems to be if, when etc. You'll bounce back again and will
feel positive.
Take care
Sharon
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:56 pm
wombat42

Thats the spiders taken care of. What if you come across a deadly snake or croc in OZ ? Should'nt you also take a course in snake handling and croc wrestling at the zoo? What about swimming with the sharks in the shark tank as well?

Last edited by wombat42; Aug 21st 2005 at 8:00 pm.

Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

thanx everyone much appreciated

i know i'll get over it

steve
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:21 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

thanx everyone much appreciated

i know i'll get over it

steve
Cheer up will you
were back and had a great time! Try it get a babysitter and take your misses out/away for a weekend.Or if it makes you feel better ill let you rip the p*** out of me for once!

Last edited by lor; Aug 21st 2005 at 8:27 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:28 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

steve
Is this a subtle way of whoring for karma? .... .....
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Hi Steve

Whenever I feel like this, I just think the following thoughts

1. It's just an adventure, worst case scenario is you come back and appreciate your old life more.

2. You'll regret it more when you're in your fifties and wish you'd given it a go.

3. If you're like us, you'll have told everyone your plans by now and you'll look a bit daft of if you have to tell them all you've changed your mind.

4. Like someone said on here the other day - even if it's the same shit over there - the bucket will be shinier.

Chin up.

Mhairi
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ransi
Is this a subtle way of whoring for karma? .... .....
no,

how very dare you

steve

ps it might be because i'm sober tho, not an usual occurrence
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:36 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mhairi
Hi Steve

1. It's just an adventure, worst case scenario is you come back and appreciate your old life more.

2. You'll regret it more when you're in your fifties and wish you'd given it a go.

3. If you're like us, you'll have told everyone your plans by now and you'll look a bit daft of if you have to tell them all you've changed your mind.

4. Like someone said on here the other day - even if it's the same shit over there - the bucket will be shinier.

Chin up.

Mhairi

Mhairi,

I totally agree!!! Especially number 3....seems like the whole village knows our plans now and we'd look like right buttheads if we chickened out. I had a really bad day last week, in fact 2 bad days...I didnt sleep properly...worrying about what we are doing...but we have to try it.... this is soooo stressful!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mhairi
Hi Steve

Chin up.

Mhairi
cheers mhairi,

nice to hear from you and thanks again for c&g stuff.

have you sent tra off yet??

steve
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Haven't sent my baby off yet - just waiting for one last piece of paper from the CITB - a copy of Steve indentures for his apprenticeship - been waiting 3 weeks now, but should arrive any day. I've then just got to get the relevant docs certified, work out how to transfer the fee to TRA, select a courier and then sit and chew my nails off for 3 months I guess.

How's it going with your agent - do you feel more reassured about the process now?

Mhairi
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:47 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by wombat42
Thats the spiders taken care of. What if you come across a deadly snake or croc in OZ ? Should'nt you also take a course in snake handling and croc wrestling at the zoo? What about swimming with the sharks in the shark tank as well?

(Princess slaps wombats bottom for that comment)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.