is it that bad?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

greenman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is it that bad?

travaled to sydney in 96 and fought it was a lovely place, the only problem being is it out of are price range ? we are looking at brisban at the moment but would rather go to sydney.
would proubly want a four bed if pos in a good area with good schools very important.would be going on a skilled viza so i know the wages would be better. would like to bye a house out right if pos about £150000 is this possible. i know it would go a lot further in brisi.

your views would be appreciated

thanks
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is it that bad?

Originally posted by greenman
travaled to sydney in 96 and fought it was a lovely place, the only problem being is it out of are price range ? we are looking at brisban at the moment but would rather go to sydney.
would proubly want a four bed if pos in a good area with good schools very important.would be going on a skilled viza so i know the wages would be better. would like to bye a house out right if pos about £150000 is this possible. i know it would go a lot further in brisi.

thanks
Hi Greenman
Are you sure your wages would be better? Compared to where?

The amount you mention would not buy a great deal in Sydney as far as I know.
No dout someone who lives there will advise better.

Good luck

G
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

greenman is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry i ment better than brisban i think

thanks anyway
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:35 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Try www.realestate.com.au and weep.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:40 pm
Merlot

Default Camp!

I keep saying it but a 2 man tent is the way to go!!!!

Greenman, good luck with your searching, the prices may look better compared to the UK (bringing your Brit Quids) but the wages here are a lot lower I have been told than Blighty!

Merlot

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:53 pm
ABCDiamond

would like to bye a house out right if pos about £150000 is this possible. i know it would go a lot further in brisi.

thanks
Maybe out in the Western Suburbs, Blacktown to Penrith way, you should get something.

£150,000 equates to $ 360,000, and that figure isn't buying much now. But then it does depend on the more specific type of area that you wish to live in.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Camp!

Originally posted by Merlot
I keep saying it but a 2 man tent is the way to go!!!!

Greenman, good luck with your searching, the prices may look better compared to the UK (bringing your Brit Quids) but the wages here are a lot lower I have been told than Blighty!

Merlot
Problem with the tent, is that there is no place for the wine rack & cooler