Reload this Page >

Backpackers accomodation

Backpackers accomodation

Old Mar 22nd 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Rash D is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Backpackers accomodation

Dear Friends,

Anyone is having experience of backpacker's accomodation.

How are they..

Are they safe to stay.

Which are the good one in Melbourne..

Pl advise,,

Rash
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 11:47 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Yes stayed in one in Alice Springs and one in Darwin

Excellent accommodation for the money (don't expect 5 star) Good pool (this is important) friendly company. All the local clubs and bars supply flyers daily to get you to go with a free drink or two for one - or even all you can eat BBQ for 2 dollars. (That was a crowded night)

Keep your valuables with you or rent one of their security boxes and you will be OK

Some of them (YHA particularly) offer work for free stay (or heavy discount) as they do get quite busy some times and appreciate a few hours extra hands on desks.

Take and punt and do it (This from a couple of old fogies at 64)
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Can't help you with Melbourne backpacker recommendation (never been there) but along the East Coast (Sydney to Nth of Cairns) there are plently to choose from. I can't tell you they are safe but I can tell you I've had nothing stolen nor have I been attacked whenever I've stayed.

Others have had worse luck.

Most have lockable share rooms and access to safe deposit arrangements. Some have TV and A/C. Some (in Airlie Beach) offer free breakfast and charge as little as $12/night, though generally you will need to budget for $20 ish or even more than $25 in certain cities.
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 7:26 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Backpackers accomodation

Originally posted by Rash D
Dear Friends,

Anyone is having experience of backpacker's accomodation.

How are they..

Are they safe to stay.

Which are the good one in Melbourne..

Pl advise,,

Rash

I picked up a tiny little booklet from the railway station in Bundaberg packed full of places to stay all around the coast, state by state it's free but contains loads of adverts probably why it's free. Anyway the web address for it is www.aussiebackpacker.com.au
You will have to pay for a copy if they send one abroad $15 when i last looked.
Sean
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I stay in backpackers regularly, stayed in Chapman Gardens YHA Melbourne a few weeks ago on my way to tassy. It is about 4 kms from city center but on tram route to airport and so easy to get around.

YHA aren't so party orientated as other backpackers, and they have a higher stanard on the whole. I stayed here because they have plenty of car parking and most of the inner city hostels don't have any at all.

Security can sometimes be a problem but here all rooms were twin or double and keys to the doors were provided.

If you want some opinions of backpacker try here Hostel reviews